I was scheduled for flexfulfillment tomorrow from 1-9:30 and feel like I was boned. I have done epicks before because I am on the flow team and do backroom at least once or twice a week. My only concern is that I don't want to screw up, but actually help the demand of my store. I had very little training and since I'll be by myself for at least 3hrs I will probably get overwhelmed with doing the picks and the packing and such. How do you normal SFS people do it everyday?
It’s not really that bad. For picking, use your RFID gun if you can and then pause the batch for someone to audit.
Packing is easy, get with someone back there and they’ll get you on track. But they probably need you picking if you’re anything like my store lol.

Hypothetically if this was to happen there is a sorta work around. If it’s asking for multiple quantities, don’t enter an amount and force close the app. This will send you back to the scan item page which fixes the ‘scan shelf label.’ If however it’s asking for 1 quantity, you’ll have to put it into hold like regular an OPU. Remember the last name and go under MyGO to the guest order and cancel the item with the note being ‘Unfulfilled’

CSC told us to do it that way. I’m not sure if the guest will get the ‘Ready for Pickup’ or ‘Cancel items’ email.
They get both emails and if they are a big enough pain in the butt every one will hear about it for days.

Here's a rundown for you: never push all the truck. Wrap unpushed pallets and stow up in steel. Received a new truck, then another, then another, all without pushing 100% of any of them. Try to find the dinosaur mask that came in 5 trucks ago but was never sold. Get blamed for high INF % by clearly retarded management. Clock out. No stress at all. That's my day. Oh, and I'm the signing tm. I have 2 full pallets of signing from late last week sitting in the fixture room. And since I'm scheduled 40 hours sfs this week, on my next signing shit, I'm either dumping all of it in the compactor or rolling them outside to get ruined by the rain. I'll pat myself on the back for that job well done thank you.

Or you get told that the RFID gun will eliminate the softlines INF's.. Umm how about "Are you stupid?"

Does anyone know what effects pick productive speed in mpm 2.0 or what number is meeting expectations for SFS and opu picking. The more I know the better cuz peeps gonna get coached aka performance discussion.

Is there any way for a regular TM to see his/her personal INF%? Does one's personal INF% get reset daily, or is it cumulative over a longer period of time?

Is there any way for a regular TM to see his/her personal INF%? Does one's personal INF% get reset daily, or is it cumulative over a longer period of time?

You can't see it but it shouldn't be a problem to have an ETL or SrTL show it to you. It's on the zebra so they wouldn't have to walk off-stage. In fact they should take it as you "caring about your department and really owning the business!"

Would scanning at that point "close" those pallets as well? We have 4 pallets in use, but we make a new one for each drop trailer.

Do you know if it actually calls UPS for a pick up or if it's just a metric to indicate the items are on their way?

It doesn't call UPS or anything. Just a way to allow the customer to know exactly where their order is presently. They know it's been packed and handed to a carrier and they can use the provided tracking number to further track it through the carrier.

Stl pretty much had anyone breathing doing OPU , which means lots of error because of no training !!!or said TM said they were trained in SFS ( last year ) and have no clue on how epick works .. inf items without knowing ( need 3 , only one on shelf , press 1 , and here we go INF ) .
Guest service has so much trouble finding the right items and is calling me to figure it out..
Still no supplies !!! Zilch ..
So headquarters : if you want us to succeed , send us what we need !!!
We are using our last pallet of 438 , we are out of 454 / 280 / 278/ bubble wrap / air pillows / padded envelopes / grip tape / 330 bags /large esim bags .
The fun part : no soap in bathroom ( using regular bottles from the store ) , running very low on toilet paper ...

Stl pretty much had anyone breathing doing OPU , which means lots of error because of no training !!!or said TM said they were trained in SFS ( last year ) and have no clue on how epick works .. inf items without knowing ( need 3 , only one on shelf , press 1 , and here we go INF ) .
Guest service has so much trouble finding the right items and is calling me to figure it out..
Still no supplies !!! Zilch ..
So headquarters : if you want us to succeed , send us what we need !!!
We are using our last pallet of 438 , we are out of 454 / 280 / 278/ bubble wrap / air pillows / padded envelopes / grip tape / 330 bags /large esim bags .
The fun part : no soap in bathroom ( using regular bottles from the store ) , running very low on toilet paper ...

Granted we didn't have ePick a year ago, a quick 2min walk through is more than enough to get anyone going with it for SFS/OPU uses it for to pick batches.

The rest sounds like our store last year, they wouldn't order supplies, tips, stuff that comes in STS keep the air speed bags that come in you can reuse them. If not the clean plastic trash from the truck push can also be used, tacky but it works. Boxes beg borrow and steal from sister stores. If you get desperate you can reuse boxes that come in STS to get some orders out the door. Peel the labels off and go.. All things we did last year to get though this time of year while waiting for supplies and have them do an emergency order you get your stuff in like three days.

We got screwed waiting for supplies last year and I wasn't going to let that happen this year. I designated one of our temp storage containers for SFS supplies and filled it up the weeks leading to Thanksgiving. Currently have 14 pallets of boxes in the steel and 17 in a container, plus a couple pallets of any supplies we might need. My team will not run out of anything this year, shit I have 2.5 pallets of 439s left still since I kept ordering them until they weren't available anymore.

We've been picked and packed on time every day since Saturday and have been running 95% or higher picked on time for OPU/DU as well with INF rates under 7% SFS and 2.5% OPU.

The system will work if executed and staffed correctly but only then. Granted I've spent 12 plus hours each day with the fulfillment team but it's been basically stress free packing 800-1200 eaches a day with one pack station. Takes a leader with a backbone to stand up and say, "this is the way it's going to run" and not back down

Thank you STL for showing me that we have 8 copies of Spiderman Homecoming. They came off the truck today, not yesterday when we had none for the INF I had to do for one.

We got screwed waiting for supplies last year and I wasn't going to let that happen this year. I designated one of our temp storage containers for SFS supplies and filled it up the weeks leading to Thanksgiving. Currently have 14 pallets of boxes in the steel and 17 in a container, plus a couple pallets of any supplies we might need. My team will not run out of anything this year, shit I have 2.5 pallets of 439s left still since I kept ordering them until they weren't available anymore.

We've been picked and packed on time every day since Saturday and have been running 95% or higher picked on time for OPU/DU as well with INF rates under 7% SFS and 2.5% OPU.

The system will work if executed and staffed correctly but only then. Granted I've spent 12 plus hours each day with the fulfillment team but it's been basically stress free packing 800-1200 eaches a day with one pack station. Takes a leader with a backbone to stand up and say, "this is the way it's going to run" and not back down

Yep, my last ETL told me order what I thought I needed and when my new TL didn't want to order what I wanted, I went around his back and got it ordered. Luckily the flow SeniorTL was backroom last year and saw the cluster and ordered everything I asked for. He said he would bitch about how much space it would take up but that was better than stuffing boxes with trash.

My favorite was literally crawling on the floor in kid's shoes trying to find these 2 pairs of girls' gold ballerina shoes. Boxes everywhere. On the shelves, under the shelves. Shoes in boxes, shoes on the floor, shoes exactly the same but hanging on pegs. Finally found mine on a bottom shelf, in boxes, nowhere near each other.

And forget about all those Wondershop PJs that we no longer have many sizes of and yet I have 5 XL Elf pajamas to locate and yet when I do a search we have 0 on the floor, 0 in the backroom (5 on hand) . Ugh.

My favorite was literally crawling on the floor in kid's shoes trying to find these 2 pairs of girls' gold ballerina shoes. Boxes everywhere. On the shelves, under the shelves. Shoes in boxes, shoes on the floor, shoes exactly the same but hanging on pegs. Finally found mine on a bottom shelf, in boxes, nowhere near each other.

And forget about all those Wondershop PJs that we no longer have many sizes of and yet I have 5 XL Elf pajamas to locate and yet when I do a search we have 0 on the floor, 0 in the backroom (5 on hand) . Ugh.
Should be easy to find. They're RFID enabled and if you're looking for 5 and OH is 5, you have 10 to pick from. Check the Softlines valley, that's where our Amp gifting has been staged.

Should be easy to find. They're RFID enabled and if you're looking for 5 and OH is 5, you have 10 to pick from. Check the Softlines valley, that's where our Amp gifting has been staged.

I wish. Our inventory has been screwed for quite a bit. Our BRLA dipped as low as 20% at one point. We gave softlines alot of backstock lanes, and they only fold clothes on them and not backstock. We constantly have to waste time checking floor and backroom for their stuff with the RFID.

No one is really holding seasonal stuff in easy-to-find areas for us, so we can grab what we need. Theres no space in our BR, so some boxes of amplified gifting magically wind up in unrelated areas. No one thought to keep it all together. STL has a habit of keeping some batches going for 1+hour, which is a giant waste of time. There was no preparation for the cyber madness.

Last edited:
Back