Love getting laid into by the DTL on their visit for having four paused carts since they all need product that got delivered today but the truck still isn't completely unloaded. :Do_O

Would you rather I INF those items? Which is what I end up doing most of the time since it will be two or three days before anything softlines will be unpacked and actually in a place I might be able to find it. They are that far behind.

Would you rather I INF those items? Which is what I end up doing most of the time since it will be two or three days before anything softlines will be unpacked and actually in a place I might be able to find it. They are that far behind.
My hell was they were all phar things in repacks. Definitely love finding 1x box of protein bars in one repack, 2x in another, and 1x in a third repack.

Nothing unusual for today. Long delays between when the guest orders and when the order hits the store are common. As long as they don't all drop in at once, it makes no difference to us. Thankfully, I've finally gotten guest service to stop asking me when it happens. Until it drops in epick I obviously know nothing about the order.

Yeah delays can happen but an hour+ delay has never been normal that I've seen.

My hell was they were all phar things in repacks. Definitely love finding 1x box of protein bars in one repack, 2x in another, and 1x in a third repack.

We are so short on space that there isn't anywhere to unpack the repacks, No Z racks for hanging stuff cause there isn't any softlines people actually pushing, so the break out lady fills the couple empties from the day before then has to just leave all the hanging in the boxes and pick out the folded stuff. We just have pallets of softlines 6ft or higher just sitting at all times. And softlines it seems just takes push carts moves them from the main stockroom and shoves them in the softlines stockroom across the store. It's getting so bad in there we can not get down aisles to actually pick.. But as long as the floor looks good to the DTL, we keep being told "why can't you find it?"

Anyone else seeing an increase in OPU/Drive-ups percentage of your store's sales? We've always been somewhere between 2-3% of overall sales. Now, we're consistently hitting 4-5%. It's been pretty crazy.

Is it true that OPU pick time will be dropped to 15min? At least that’s what is floating as rumor in my store.
I saw that on reddit and I have heard about it at my store. For the time being, my store is still at 30 minutes but apparently some stores are piloting 15 minutes. Now I can only reminisce of the glory days of 1 hour goal times, good times.

I saw that on reddit and I have heard about it at my store. For the time being, my store is still at 30 minutes but apparently some stores are piloting 15 minutes. Now I can only reminisce of the glory days of 1 hour goal times, good times.

Yeah no. You can kiss goal times goodbye.. And your INF will skyrocket. But it's coming cause stores don't have balls to let this fail flat on its face.

20+ DPCI driveups are normal for us. We have one guest who does it almost every day. She does all her shopping that way. 15 minutes isn't going to cut it.

Nope we average seven - ten items per order but with the shit show that stores are now 15min can literally be hunting one fucking shirt. Or one item up in the steel in the back, when you have to move 10+vehicles out to get your wave in to grab the item on the top shelf then shove all that shit back in so you can move to the next one.

At my store the front end is responsible for taking out the orders in 2 minutes. It's so stupid to take out one inexpensive item to someone. Imagine Christmas time when it catches on. They should be like Walmart and have a minimum dollar amount. I would be pissed taking out a tube of Chapstick to a lazy person.
Goal 30 minutes . Front end deals with taking it to the car. It’s owned by the front end to begin with .

Is it true that OPU pick time will be dropped to 15min? At least that’s what is floating as rumor in my store.
I sure hope not. I don't understand the point of continuing to reduce goal times. The guest won't care if it takes 15 or 30 minutes as much as they will hate getting things cancelled off their orders (then will find for themselves on the sales floor after searching for another half hour).

Nope we average seven - ten items per order but with the shit show that stores are now 15min can literally be hunting one fucking shirt. Or one item up in the steel in the back, when you have to move 10+vehicles out to get your wave in to grab the item on the top shelf then shove all that shit back in so you can move to the next one.

I mean, yeah, our average per order is probably around 7-10 items per order. Not really sure. We just get several 20+ DPCI drive-ups a day. Typically, it's not that bad. Doing 25 DPCIs in one order is a lot easier normally than doing 25 DPCIs across several orders in the same time frame. But, sometimes those large orders are all over the store or we get a couple in a row. That's a bitch.

I don't sweat things in the steel too much. We cheat those. Handkey them in to reach goal time, then get the item down. If we have to get to another order, just call a TL so they can get the item down and OPU can move on.

I mean, yeah, our average per order is probably around 7-10 items per order. Not really sure. We just get several 20+ DPCI drive-ups a day. Typically, it's not that bad. Doing 25 DPCIs in one order is a lot easier normally than doing 25 DPCIs across several orders in the same time frame. But, sometimes those large orders are all over the store or we get a couple in a row. That's a bitch.

I don't sweat things in the steel too much. We cheat those. Handkey them in to reach goal time, then get the item down. If we have to get to another order, just call a TL so they can get the item down and OPU can move on.

I would love to cheat them but there comes a time when you can't.

I would love to cheat them but there comes a time when you can't.

Out of curiosity when can't you for an OPU? We're very proficient at cheating that stuff at my store. What are you running into where it isn't possible? I'd like to know so I can look out for it.

Out of curiosity when can't you for an OPU? We're very proficient at cheating that stuff at my store. What are you running into where it isn't possible? I'd like to know so I can look out for it.

When that is the item you need and the shelf is empty and up in the steel is the only place that item lives.

When that is the item you need and the shelf is empty and up in the steel is the only place that item lives.

So scan location on your phone key in dpci print label and then key in bulk opu hold location. And take the next 10-15 to move shit and get the item.

Back