Was just talking to my PML the other day about needing an easy way to know who is ...... , not folding clothes, packing chemicals with food, etc. I mean, I *know* who it is, but it'll be nice to have something to show the SETLs so that can't bury their heads in the sand and pretend it was GM while covering breaks. 😊
I don't fold clothes or put chem and food in separate bags. No one ever told me we should. It takes longer to do that. I do it as fast and safely as I can.

I don't fold clothes or put chem and food in separate bags. No one ever told me we should. It takes longer to do that. I do it as fast and safely as I can.

Bagging food and chem together is a safety issue. It's also a potential liability issue for Spot. Folding clothes is mostly a presentation issue. Who wants to pick up a bunch of wadded up clothes from a store? They don't have to be perfect, but make them look nice. Also, extremely helpful at pickup when checking that the guest got everything ordered and only what was ordered.

It doesn't take that much longer to do it. Just a few seconds.

Last edited:
Your food safety training would have taught you to bag food and chemicals separately. Everyone has to take that if they ever handle guests food items (like guest advocates or back ups). Just because it’s an OPU or DU doesn’t mean that part of the process has changed.

Your food safety training would have taught you to bag food and chemicals separately. Everyone has to take that if they ever handle guests food items (like guest advocates or back ups). Just because it’s an OPU or DU doesn’t mean that part of the process has changed.

We were supposed to have a food safety training??? The only trainings I ever did was one about chemical spills and the recent one about treating everyone the same. The more I read on here, the more I’m finding out just how minimal my training was.

Food safety should have dropped in last year. That’s when HR could key in training completions. Some abused that. 🙄

Doesn't say anything about clothes 😈

Memo to all ETLs and TLs: No, this does not mean that OPU has time to do other stuff, then get to their orders. It means we have more time to look for misplaced items. Don't fuck it up by giving us other duties that make it so we only have half an hour to fulfill orders.

MEMO to my STL as well. Had to deal with this crap yesterday.

OPUs busy on weekends and 54% pick-on-time? Check.

Paused carts, because our mid was pulled to do autos and push? Check.

STL telling me our workload was small and we didn't need that many hours? Check.

Still not done setting halloween and we have missing aisles, so a good chunk of unorganized seasonal is still on the top of the steel? Check.

Theres alot of effort they don't see. We need the time to keep INFs low.

Anyone check out the hold space expansion project going chainwide? It actually makes a lot of sense and is finally getting everyone on one page. If you have have fan central up front it’s getting removed and they’re sending gondolas and Waco’s to create a new good area. If you don’t have that space, your store will either be using trend spot (cb1) or the first section of softlines (where swim is) and doing the same thing. Gondolas and Waco’s. They’re even sending a vendor to install new camera drops for AP and specific “team member only” signs. Finally they don’t just say “figure it out”. I joked about building gondolas in that softlines section a couple years back since my store was so insane with OPU increasing 500-600%

My store got a large area behind guest service for these things during the remodel. So we’re getting a metro rack.

Anyone check out the hold space expansion project going chainwide? It actually makes a lot of sense and is finally getting everyone on one page. If you have have fan central up front it’s getting removed and they’re sending gondolas and Waco’s to create a new good area. If you don’t have that space, your store will either be using trend spot (cb1) or the first section of softlines (where swim is) and doing the same thing. Gondolas and Waco’s. They’re even sending a vendor to install new camera drops for AP and specific “team member only” signs. Finally they don’t just say “figure it out”. I joked about building gondolas in that softlines section a couple years back since my store was so insane with OPU increasing 500-600%
So, it'll just be out in the open? That's... odd.

Back