Anyone check out the hold space expansion project going chainwide? It actually makes a lot of sense and is finally getting everyone on one page. If you have have fan central up front it’s getting removed and they’re sending gondolas and Waco’s to create a new good area. If you don’t have that space, your store will either be using trend spot (cb1) or the first section of softlines (where swim is) and doing the same thing. Gondolas and Waco’s. They’re even sending a vendor to install new camera drops for AP and specific “team member only” signs. Finally they don’t just say “figure it out”. I joked about building gondolas in that softlines section a couple years back since my store was so insane with OPU increasing 500-600%

I'm sorry they're building something in cb1 for flex space? Like, fucking walls?

Edit: Ohhhh. I like that. That's a decent chunk of space for trend spot. I was confused. Is this permanent?

I'll take this as an admission that Trend Spot was a failure.

Trend Spot was fine.

But we had Trend Spot and Gift 'n' Go. Having both is stupid.

And besides, Trend Spot and Gift 'n' Go and Jewelry Node at my store are just "flex everything here, fuck the original VA" by what my STL does.

@taytay does corporate still monitor/score us on prep percentage? I know when it was first introduced we got an email because literally everyone was just hitting prep complete and so we started actually scanning the stuff. Recently though, we’ve been doing prep complete again and then actually physically prepping the stuff that needs it when packing because it saves time. Hopefully its not too big a deal.

@taytay does corporate still monitor/score us on prep percentage? I know when it was first introduced we got an email because literally everyone was just hitting prep complete and so we started actually scanning the stuff. Recently though, we’ve been doing prep complete again and then actually physically prepping the stuff that needs it when packing because it saves time. Hopefully its not too big a deal.
We’ve always done prep complete and haven’t been yelled at yet🤷🏽‍♂️

For about an hour this morning but it did come back to normal. But for an hour it sucked!!!
Yeah, it had horrible timing for me. Was training a new hire on opu so of course it takes 5x as long as I explain the entire process. Epick dies for a bit, goal times hit, and it all resolved itself as I was on hold with CSC 😂

Lemme get outta this grocery for a couple weeks. I say as the last month I’ve been transition team because people can’t manage.

I heard that during the 'busy' season, we are allowed to work overnight shifts. Is this on a voluntary basis, or will they just schedule you? It's definitely something I am interested in. Is it pretty much just picking and packing, same as during the day? And I also heard there is a dollar differential for overnights, is that true?

This will be my first Q4 in SFS. I worked for Target and Kmart 15-20 years ago on the Sales Floor and as a back up cashier during Christmas, so I know how crazy that gets, but I keep hearing how crazy SFS will get. Just how bad is that? I admit, the only thing that really causes me anxiety is having to share packing stations. I just don't do well with having to work practically on top of someone else, and we only have about 7-8 packing stations.

I heard that during the 'busy' season, we are allowed to work overnight shifts. Is this on a voluntary basis, or will they just schedule you?
Most stores don't have overnight SFS during Q4 but since your store is an Enhanced SFS, it could be different. If your availability is free for overnight, they may just schedule you. However, do let your ETL or TL know your willing to do SFS overnight if your store has it.
Is it pretty much just picking and packing, same as during the day? And I also heard there is a dollar differential for overnights, is that true?
It's the same process as picking and packing during the day. Only difference is there isn't any Guest in the aisle or asking questions. If you're store still unloads the truck at night, you might get TMs or vehicles blocking your path but mostly in the backroom. At my store, they were a bit more strict after finishing a batch in 'X' amount of minutes when I did a few overnights during Q4.
You do get a $1 differential for every hour you're working when the store is closed. This only applies if you work at least 3 hours when the store is closed.

Back