We get asked if we want to do overnight. We usually go 2 weeks. We arent ESFS either. We have 4 pack stations and if you are in back, youre definitely sharing. Its crowded. I pick the whole time unless i get pulled back. Its too chaotic for me and seasonals can be mad stupid..i like to avoid them if i can.

The OT is nice but people from GM get mad cuz our boss says its just for TM whose primary work area is SFS and as of right now thats just me. Seasonals never wanna put in the hours cuz its looooong days. Im like- gimme alllll the $$$$$$! I did almost 60 hrs one week and 50 the next last year since they let me -

We’ve always done prep complete and haven’t been yelled at yet🤷🏽‍♂️
Its not on greenfield, so SD/ETLs arent gonna yell at you but I honestly dont think its a big metric anyway otherwise we’d have heard something by now

Still having orders disappear. Went to pick a rush order and it went bye bye.

I have that happening to Rush and Ship Alones. If its a glitch in the system, I hope it gets fixed soon.

If theres supposed to be a pop-up to let us know if the order in said batch was cancelled, then all power to the disappearing orders. Nothing is more annoying then wasting time on a 25+ item batch for 1 order, only for it to be cancelled in the packing phase.

We get asked if we want to do overnight. We usually go 2 weeks. We arent ESFS either. We have 4 pack stations and if you are in back, youre definitely sharing. Its crowded. I pick the whole time unless i get pulled back. Its too chaotic for me and seasonals can be mad stupid..i like to avoid them if i can.

The OT is nice but people from GM get mad cuz our boss says its just for TM whose primary work area is SFS and as of right now thats just me. Seasonals never wanna put in the hours cuz its looooong days. Im like- gimme alllll the $$$$$$! I did almost 60 hrs one week and 50 the next last year since they let me -

This year the max overtime is 50 hours per week according to the Addendum. But, it is still only for flexible fulfillment experts. The guide is also very specific about which TMs should be given scheduling priority during the peak weeks. It should go FFTMs > GMTMs > then seasonal FFTMs.

Why the fuck is this thing telling me that we missed two orders? I had 22 minutes and 18 left on the two that I was working on. Wtf

This year the max overtime is 50 hours per week according to the Addendum. But, it is still only for flexible fulfillment experts. The guide is also very specific about which TMs should be given scheduling priority during the peak weeks. It should go FFTMs > GMTMs > then seasonal FFTMs.
Also your seasonal fulfillment TMs should only be picking while your veterans are your packers

I didn't catch that. Seems like a recipe for a higher than necessary INF%. I would think it would be easier to teach new TMs how to pack correctly than how to find stuff during Q4 madness.
Packing in generally the harder skill to teach and is the metric that’s typically red over pick on time.

Packing in generally the harder skill to teach and is the metric that’s typically red over pick on time.

Interesting. My store doesn't do SFS and I assumed the opposite. I just know that it's a real struggle trying to teach TMs new to OPU how to keep their INF% green. Picked on time is easier as long as they are willing to work hard. I can teach them queue management techniques and tell them to go fast. Finding stuff that is not where it's supposed to be is difficult with the minimal training time Target affords. Q4 terrifies me because right now we don't have a single other person with an INF% below 5%. And, now we get to add seasonals into the mix? I guess maybe we'll get somebody who really *wants* to find stuff, which I suspect is a big part of the problem now.

Why the fuck is this thing telling me that we missed two orders? I had 22 minutes and 18 left on the two that I was working on. Wtf

Same issue. I came in to no OPUs from overnight, only I think 5 until I left at noon, all of which I picked on time. It said my percentage was 43. 🙄

BUT it seems like the orders have stopped disappearing, so, yay!

One of my FF peeps put in a support ticket for that last week so it was on record that we didn't actually miss a goal. Not sure if it does any good.

No overnight orders? I've never seen that. If it happened, I'd probably panic trying to figure out what was going on.

We're ULV so it isn't impossible, but it was odd for sure. I've also had hours-long order dry spells during my shifts this week (again, not impossible, but odd), and I wonder if orders are working right.

You guys don’t have a flexible fulfillment room?

We are lucky we can actually get to the packing desk, inbound seems to think that is the perfect place to stack repacks, pallets of them. The rest of the store uses it as a dumping ground for anything and everything.

Interesting. My store doesn't do SFS and I assumed the opposite. I just know that it's a real struggle trying to teach TMs new to OPU how to keep their INF% green. Picked on time is easier as long as they are willing to work hard. I can teach them queue management techniques and tell them to go fast. Finding stuff that is not where it's supposed to be is difficult with the minimal training time Target affords. Q4 terrifies me because right now we don't have a single other person with an INF% below 5%. And, now we get to add seasonals into the mix? I guess maybe we'll get somebody who really *wants* to find stuff, which I suspect is a big part of the problem now.

To be able to pack and pack quickly with care so that the product will survive the shipping process is a trick. Cause most people don't think, that you need to bag liquids, wrap clothing and pad glass. I worked for a moving company for a while, all I did was coming into houses and pack down the house before the box movers came in and hauled it out. Everyone wants to pack thinking its chill and easy which it can be, but during 4th quarter you are the hold up cause the picking crew is going full speed you get figure out how to put the delicate ornaments in the same box with huge bottles of laundry detergent and both survive unbroken.

We're ULV so it isn't impossible, but it was odd for sure. I've also had hours-long order dry spells during my shifts this week (again, not impossible, but odd), and I wonder if orders are working right.

I think orders are working fine. It's been a slow week, but that's likely just time of year. I haven't heard any complaints from my almost daily drive up guests about anything different on their end and I'm positive they'd let me know if their orders were missed or taking longer than normal. It's just an after BTS/Labor Day lull until Halloween really gets going. Also, our ad really sucks this week and we haven't seen any great online only deals pop up.

Enjoy the quiet while you can get it.

The Fulfillment Operations Team Lead can literally just stand at the packing stations and coach Seasonal Fulfillment Experts on how to do the right things. They can't follow 5-10+ of them around at once though, so I would think having them pack would be a lot easier to manage.

I wish but our TL is one of the biggest offenders of not bagging or wrapping things properly.

Back