The Fulfillment Operations Team Lead can literally just stand at the packing stations and coach Seasonal Fulfillment Experts on how to do the right things. They can't follow 5-10+ of them around at once though, so I would think having them pack would be a lot easier to manage.
Um...def no. At least in my experience. As our resident packer last season I can attest that letting the seasonals pick is a thousand times easier to manage. All the seasonals are funneled back to the pack stations at some point so managing the pickers is easy. They come back with wrong things? As a packer you catch it, fix it/have them fix it. And they're usually unsure about INFs so you can check details and tell them where else to check before letting them finish the cart.

Packing tho? No one has time to just stand there and observe them, we have things to do and catching a packing mistake is a lot harder when you dont have eyes in the back of your head.

Our pick on time was like 50 percent but all orders were definitely picked on time- glad to hear it was global. I also had about 5 salvage items - luckily we are so behind on pricing i found most still on the floor!!

lol yeah I took pictures of the zebra with my phone in case I get yelled at about it.

The Fulfillment Operations Team Lead can literally just stand at the packing stations and coach Seasonal Fulfillment Experts on how to do the right things. They can't follow 5-10+ of them around at once though, so I would think having them pack would be a lot easier to manage.

Such a weird range. November 27th is a Wednesday while December 7th is a Saturday. It goes from mid-week to the end of the next week. Why not just the full two weeks?
Well it technically is because payroll is Sunday-Saturday but those are the dates specifically you should be adding extra payroll to justify the OT

Well it technically is because payroll is Sunday-Saturday but those are the dates specifically you should be adding extra payroll to justify the OT

It gets kinda comical sometimes. Months ago (the last time OT was approved) we worked an 11 hour shift on Saturday, hours aplenty were spent that week...

...then it dropped to NOTHING the next week. What a yoyo

Last edited:
Um...def no. At least in my experience. As our resident packer last season I can attest that letting the seasonals pick is a thousand times easier to manage. All the seasonals are funneled back to the pack stations at some point so managing the pickers is easy. They come back with wrong things? As a packer you catch it, fix it/have them fix it. And they're usually unsure about INFs so you can check details and tell them where else to check before letting them finish the cart.

Packing tho? No one has time to just stand there and observe them, we have things to do and catching a packing mistake is a lot harder when you dont have eyes in the back of your head.

Exactly.

Two locations to pull from. U01 and E10. Four of 1 DPCI. Casepack of U01 is 4. Pull 2, backstock two.

This retarded system thinks I'm going to grab the wave to pull from E10. No. I'm not.
It pulls from the oldest backstocked date as well as attempting to empty a location. I’ve pulled a batch and one location had a bunch of stuff including 2 items in my batch but only had me pull 1 of the items from that location because the second item was all alone in a separate location. So it had me pull the second item from the second location.

It pulls from the oldest backstocked date as well as attempting to empty a location. I’ve pulled a batch and one location had a bunch of stuff including 2 items in my batch but only had me pull 1 of the items from that location because the second item was all alone in a separate location. So it had me pull the second item from the second location.

Yeah fuck that lmao

We got hammered for about 3hrs just when all of us had to do lunches and our coverage was non existent. Fun times.. We missed a few goal times but did alright with finding stuff. What was freaky was how heavy they were hitting and just how many were "Drive Up" orders..

Hmmm...got slammed with drive ups today too. The first thing I do every morning after getting my equipment is cruise by my drive up hold locations to check how full they are, aka, the how much shit might I have to run out to the lot today check. They were practically empty this morning, and I was very happy. Then, me at around 10:30 or so, "SETL, just head's up I'm going to start putting drive-ups in OPU locations. I'm out of drive up space." And, I was very unhappy.

Not sure what was going on. I just hope people pick up their shit tonight. Really not wanting to deal with the normal Saturday OPU chaos with nowhere to put stuff.

Hmmm...got slammed with drive ups today too. The first thing I do every morning after getting my equipment is cruise by my drive up hold locations to check how full they are, aka, the how much shit might I have to run out to the lot today check. They were practically empty this morning, and I was very happy. Then, me at around 10:30 or so, "SETL, just head's up I'm going to start putting drive-ups in OPU locations. I'm out of drive up space." And, I was very unhappy.

Not sure what was going on. I just hope people pick up their shit tonight. Really not wanting to deal with the normal Saturday OPU chaos with nowhere to put stuff.

Yeah we don't run that shit out to the lot. Well once in a while we do but that is guest services problem %99 of the time. But yeah most of our hold space for drive up which isn't much was stuffed full.

Back