So the “sort by store close” at the bottom of the MPM is expected to end picked, packed, and scanned in before the closer leaves?

Then whatever isn’t done becomes a carry-over? Did anyone get a specific % of carryover that is allowed?

We’re going from expecting the closer to do OPU/replenish packing stations/come clean on packing — to now having them pick pack and Scan in at night but it’s over 400 eaches a night to finish in less than 5.5 hours

So right now we’re getting around 80-100 of the next days done by store close and an upset DSD and SD over the carry over.
Whatever drops before 8pm is what has the potential of being carryover. There should be no carryover the next day.

I've noticed the window seems to be 8-830pm but it doesn't seem consistent to me, but we also don't get a lot late so ymmv.

But it is fun to have SD/ETLs not understanding how sort by close works and getting mad about "50 standard to pick/pack and we close in an hour!" when I show them on MPM it is 0 pick/0 packsort at 9:30. And having the opener confirm it was 0 carryover.

I’ve tried for the life of me to search this, but I found it here before. How do you unlock the pregis machines again? I thought it was pressing the up/down while unplugging but it’s not working.

My SD said that for the “sort by store close” it wants you to have 30% of the next day’s 4:30s done as part of your workload. Not sure how accurate that is unfortunately

We kind of bombed yesterday somehow and had over 900 left in “sort by store close” by the time I left yesterday and I was the last person to leave

So we started at 15%, next day I was told 30%, now today from our almighty DSD we’re to do 75% of anything that drops in before 8pm.

I’m thinking they’ve given an unattainable % to have us land higher than the original 15 or 30% we were told.

So we started at 15%, next day I was told 30%, now today from our almighty DSD we’re to do 75% of anything that drops in before 8pm.

I’m thinking they’ve given an unattainable % to have us land higher than the original 15 or 30% we were told.
Thus not unattainable.... you should be doing 100% of things that stop before 8. The fact they ever allowed you to do 15% of your daily workload is insane

Thus not unattainable.... you should be doing 100% of things that stop before 8. The fact they ever allowed you to do 15% of your daily workload is insane

We have always come clean on the daily workload - by 4:30pm.

One scheduled closer the past week, who will be restocking/doing flexes (650 a day forecast with half of that coming in after 3pm)/finishing packing.

It hasn’t been attainable with hours given and staff available to then say “hey, let’s now pick well over half or what’s due tomorrow by 4:30pm.”

Of course with more closers scheduled yes that’s more towards an attainable goal. But when you’re a 3 pack station store with only 4 TMs who’ve worked there’s more than 2 weeks in FF batches/packing/everything takes longer as the rest learn.

I have seasonals closing by themselves next week. lolzzzzz
Yeah, I only have seasonals at night, and they have never been trained during the day, because they are minors. This means all of their training came from myself, the Closing TL, and my closing expert (I only have 1).

Their training wasn't fair to them, and now we are scrambling, because we barely know how to do SFS. It ends up being myself and my TM just monitoring them all night long. Plus, I rarely have any other leaders after 5:30 pm. My store has lost their minds on scheduling, and it never helps if I suggest ways to fix it. The SD always says "it will be better on the next schedule," but it never is.

We have always come clean on the daily workload - by 4:30pm.

One scheduled closer the past week, who will be restocking/doing flexes (650 a day forecast with half of that coming in after 3pm)/finishing packing.

It hasn’t been attainable with hours given and staff available to then say “hey, let’s now pick well over half or what’s due tomorrow by 4:30pm.”

Of course with more closers scheduled yes that’s more towards an attainable goal. But when you’re a 3 pack station store with only 4 TMs who’ve worked there’s more than 2 weeks in FF batches/packing/everything takes longer as the rest learn.
The problem seems to be you’re in the old mindset before they updated Epick and MPM. You entire days work is laid out in MPM and you should not be going by epick. If it says “due by store close” it is due that day regardless of “sort by date”. Fufillment is an all day process and because stores weren’t working what was in the gun is the reason they added the carryover feature

The problem seems to be you’re in the old mindset before they updated Epick and MPM. You entire days work is laid out in MPM and you should not be going by epick. If it says “due by store close” it is due that day regardless of “sort by date”. Fufillment is an all day process and because stores weren’t working what was in the gun is the reason they added the carryover feature

That is 100% correct. The schedule wasn’t set up that way and if 4:30pm was done before 4:30 other tasks were being done rather than continuous picking

My store didn't start scheduling a closing SFS person until we got seasonals. One day I, OPU closer, came in two weeks ago before anyone was scheduled to close SFS and was told I had to come clean on the potential carryover units.

I take it that now a lot of people are getting shit for it now, this is the new hot metric of the month they care about.

My store didn't start scheduling a closing SFS person until we got seasonals. One day I, OPU closer, came in two weeks ago before anyone was scheduled to close SFS and was told I had to come clean on the potential carryover units.

I take it that now a lot of people are getting shit for it now, this is the new hot metric of the month they care about.

Very similar here - first mention of any of this is Monday and yesterday they announced the 75% done for next days work load and picking/packing is an open to close process.

Literally heard the SD say If we pick too much for tomorrow then they’ll just overload us the next day so don’t pick too much after 4:30pm, in August

Tonight, we almost made goal. We missed it by 12 units. I had to pull tech to help put up signs in grocery and grocery to help pick the final cart. My team appreciates me and always is willing to help, thank goodness for these wonderful people on my team. We had to fuck store mod and beauty responded to backup. I hate that we didn't make it, but I'm proud of my team. Stress test day 2. I'm not here for the weekend, so I can only imagine how shitty their nights will be. They need to schedule a seasoned SFS TM at night.

Edit: my closing TM was on packing duty after 8 pm, and I, closing TL, was picking. I picked 3 carts in 50 minutes.

At least we are asked by SD how he can better the schedule so we can come clean at night !
It is a work in progress , we have a regular TM at all
Time with the seasonal s .
The closing TL follow closely their progress and even jumped in packing one night !

At least we are asked by SD how he can better the schedule so we can come clean at night !
It is a work in progress , we have a regular TM at all
Time with the seasonal s .
The closing TL follow closely their progress and even jumped in packing one night !
Do you have someone coming in at 4am?

Back