The hot thing to do at my store is to not have an appropriate ratio of pickers to packers, so you have 10 carts waiting to prep and pack while the three pack and two prep stations are being utilized as best they can, but because you naturally get slowed down by having multiple packers crowding your space, your pack time isn't going to be as good as it would if you're by yourself. And leaders don't fret about making time because they only look at ePick to see how we're doing, not Pack and Ship.

Dear corporate: We have THREE pack stations, not six, and contrary to what you want, our packers cannot pack 4737274 items an hour. It's great that you have so many seasonals picking, but what good is it if we can't pack because of physical space limitations and other factors making your dream pack times unobtainable?

Last edited:
The hot thing to do at my store is to not have an appropriate ratio of pickers to packers, so you have 10 carts waiting to prep and pack while the three pack and two prep stations are being utilized as best they can, but because you naturally get slowed down by having multiple packers crowding your space, your pack time isn't going to be as good as it would if you're by yourself. And leaders don't fret about making time because they only look at ePick to see how we're doing, not Pack and Ship.

Dear corporate: We have THREE pack stations, not six, and contrary to what you want, our packers cannot pack 4737274 items an hour. It's great that you have so many seasonals picking, but what good is it if we can't pack because of physical space limitations and other factors making your dream pack times unobtainable?
Should be 3 pickers to every pack station. Your pickers should be preping their own carts unless you are at max forecast which is typically only a couple times a year which then you should have a designated preper that preps cart, refills supplies and the random odds and ends.

Should be 3 pickers to every pack station. Your pickers should be preping their own carts unless you are at max forecast which is typically only a couple times a year which then you should have a designated preper that preps cart, refills supplies and the random odds and ends.

See, some days we have a dedicated prep person, and other days we don't, so when that happens, the packer is usually the prepper, too. If we actually had a TL overseeing Fulfillment anymore and could give us concrete directions, that would be wonderful 🤣

God, I'm so glad I don't work Friday. I'll only have to deal with the Thursday craziness, but I work when the store is closed, so that's a relief!

See, some days we have a dedicated prep person, and other days we don't, so when that happens, the packer is usually the prepper, too. If we actually had a TL overseeing Fulfillment anymore and could give us concrete directions, that would be wonderful 🤣

God, I'm so glad I don't work Friday. I'll only have to deal with the Thursday craziness, but I work when the store is closed, so that's a relief!
Hopefully they’re not preping while they pack.... that’ll kill your PPH. Also I typically always have my pickers prep their own carts because it’ll have them pick a little beater but mostly because they know their cart and what needs to be prepped

Lol wait until next week

We have 1 pack station. We were promised more and they never appeared. We do have a folding table, that helps.

We aren't even allowed that. But Saturday I busted that card table out and what do you know? We started catching up with actually getting carts cleared and back to the pickers. I know my ETL wasn't happy to see it but fuck her feelings..

We aren't even allowed that. But Saturday I busted that card table out and what do you know? We started catching up with actually getting carts cleared and back to the pickers. I know my ETL wasn't happy to see it but fuck her feelings..
Really? We are allowed, I have the table (one of the long ones) set up now. We are thinking of making it a prep station and leaving the pack station for packing. That way we aren't all on top of each other all the time. Our area is so small now. The old pack station was far superior.

Really? We are allowed, I have the table (one of the long ones) set up now. We are thinking of making it a prep station and leaving the pack station for packing. That way we aren't all on top of each other all the time. Our area is so small now. The old pack station was far superior.
Yeah it’s a big no no from anyone outside stores. They think if you need a table you’re not doing your job or working fast enough

This pick/sort by close metric hotness is getting to be too much. SD is getting on people for things like "Why is there four dpcis not being picked right now?" when it's 5pm. Lol.

You know you did a good job at training when the person you trained last week is now training the even newer people. 😂😂😭. I almost died seeing this... it's so embarrassing.

This pick/sort by close metric hotness is getting to be too much. SD is getting on people for things like "Why is there four dpcis not being picked right now?" when it's 5pm. Lol.

That ranks up with the SD asking why I was grabbing the OPU, when I was picking another OPU batch.. "do you want me to pause this one to pick that one?" We had a talk after my snarky comment. But she doesn't call it out anymore unless the alert goes off multiple times in a row.

You know you did a good job at training when the person you trained last week is now training the even newer people. 😂😂😭. I almost died seeing this... it's so embarrassing.
Yeh, we call that 'demonstrating mastery'. :rolleyes:

New store, specifically requested to only be seasonal when I interviewed and besides the people who ask who I am at the door I have far too many people looking to me for answers. New TL, new ETL neither have much experience in flex. It's actually fun working with flex again when I don't have any real responsibilities.

That ranks up with the SD asking why I was grabbing the OPU, when I was picking another OPU batch.. "do you want me to pause this one to pick that one?" We had a talk after my snarky comment. But she doesn't call it out anymore unless the alert goes off multiple times in a row.
Just get like 10 mydevices obviously 😂

Just get like 10 mydevices obviously 😂

They tried that with me today. Five of us in flex they pulled four to push freight and wondered why I couldn't pull the 50 OPU's that dropped.. They wouldn't get me help until I called for a second device so I could pull two batches at the same time.. SD didn't like that option and got me some help. And had a chat with my TL..

It'll be interesting when many stores miss 4:30pm and midnight sort deadlines; that lost volume doesn't just disappear. Maybe we'll see higher volume stores hitting the legendary 10,000 unit max.

So is OPU still happening on Thanksgiving? Are the pickers supposed to be trying to grab things before guests? For some reason I thought OPU and Drive Up were not happening on Thanksgiving, but we have people scheduled for OPU.

It'll be interesting when many stores miss 4:30pm and midnight sort deadlines; that lost volume doesn't just disappear. Maybe we'll see higher volume stores hitting the legendary 10,000 unit max.

there are maybe only two or three stores in the company expected to go over 10k units, otherwise 6 pack station stores are supposed to receive a max of 1,350 per station. my store is forecasted just under 10k units, 2500 for opu/du. we have almost 80 tms scheduled in fulfillment on friday, nearly all seasonal tms with a good chunk of them having worked less than 5 full shifts. we have 5 sfs captains, 2 opu captains, flex tl and a 2nd gmtl helping and still no idea how we are going to manage the team. lol

Back