I'm so happy I'm going to be in and out for OPU picking before 5pm. Gonna be easily one of the best picking sessions I'll ever have.

I'm so happy I'm going to be in and out for OPU picking before 5pm. Gonna be easily one of the best picking sessions I'll ever have.

I'm a captain mostly in charge of OPU and already regretting it lol. When a TM fucks up an order I'm expected to deal with it at GS.

there are maybe only two or three stores in the company expected to go over 10k units, otherwise 6 pack station stores are supposed to receive a max of 1,350 per station. my store is forecasted just under 10k units, 2500 for opu/du. we have almost 80 tms scheduled in fulfillment on friday, nearly all seasonal tms with a good chunk of them having worked less than 5 full shifts. we have 5 sfs captains, 2 opu captains, flex tl and a 2nd gmtl helping and still no idea how we are going to manage the team. lol

Interesting that pack station throughput is factored in, I didn't think corporate really cared about that and just assumed they dump any amount on your store and expect you to do it.

Today will be a total shi*show. 2 TMs opening, 1 just came in at 9. 50 OPUs in the queue not being picked yet. I'm shooting RFID 😣

1 hour later edit: 68% on time is fine right?

Last edited:
Today will be a total shi*show. 2 TMs opening, 1 just came in at 9. 50 OPUs in the queue not being picked yet. I'm shooting RFID 😣

1 hour later edit: 68% on time is fine right?

We were at 25% on time the other day. They didn’t schedule the normal 6 am person until 8 and had a very slow picker at 7, so when the regular opener came in there were over 100 DPCIs waiting to be picked. Meanwhile orders are dropping left and right. We just couldn’t catch up. There were 8 flex TMs scheduled that day and they kept switching where they wanted people to focus-to try and clear out OPUs or work on the 800 SFS. When I left that afternoon at least 10 OPU batches were over 2 hours late. They pulled a bunch of GM people to help try and get the numbers down. It was complete chaos. I generally love being part of the Flex team but lately it’s been beyond frustrating, especially since they are cracking down on INF, which I get but looking through a million unlocated wacos, uboats, or repack boxes really takes time.

there are maybe only two or three stores in the company expected to go over 10k units, otherwise 6 pack station stores are supposed to receive a max of 1,350 per station. my store is forecasted just under 10k units, 2500 for opu/du. we have almost 80 tms scheduled in fulfillment on friday, nearly all seasonal tms with a good chunk of them having worked less than 5 full shifts. we have 5 sfs captains, 2 opu captains, flex tl and a 2nd gmtl helping and still no idea how we are going to manage the team. lol
We have 80 TMs for Black Friday too, no flex TL, no OPU captain, 2 flex captains and both captains are only working until 9:30am lol

We had 160 for OPU at opening and they just keep coming. We just hit 88% POT, the unlocated shippers and TVs are killing us. SFS isn't as bad, but I only have 2 people to spare for it right now

Today was crazy. We had 2 people scheduled for OPU at 6. We walked into 100 DPCIs. That wouldn't have been bad if we didn't get any more orders, but we couldn't even begin to make a dent in them. Everytime we finished a batch there were more waiting for us then when we left. A third person came in at 9:30 and that helped knock the queue down to around 50 DPCIs, but then it just stayed there. The Wave died on us mid-morning. Finally, leadership got GM in to help but by that point we were nearing compliance and had to go to lunch, so even with GM helping it took a couple of hours to clear everything out. When I left we were only 20 items away from the day's forecasted total. All of our hold locations are overflowing nightmares. Guest services can't find anything because they are so full and GM doesn't really know how to put things to hold properly. POT was at 48%. Guess who I passed on my way out the door? DSD and HRBP walking in. Yikes.

Oh well. Let's set what fresh hell I walk into at 7am tomorrow.

Last edited:
When I left we had done over 600 units for OPU and were forecasted for 300 more. Our POT was 88.7% because one of my seasonals paused a batch and forgot about it. 😡 At one point we had 5 people on OPU.

SFS was picked by 2:45, and I had 2 people packing away when I left.

I thought I was going to get yelled at, but I got praise from 2 ETLs and the SD. They said we stayed green longer than the other stores in the district and our POT was higher, even though we were red.

Last edited:
Reading all of this makes me so glad I had today off. Still scared about tomorrow. Most of our crew is all new seasonals. Only 6 of us with any experience spread over the day. Luckily we begin at 4am. Good luck to all in SFS and hope your stores treat you well over the next week. I was scheduled for 50 hours this week and 46 next week and know it won't be enough but will try my best. That is all any of us can do. Only wish that was enough....

I didn't work today and I don't work Friday. Tomorrow, I'm just going to try and enjoy working while the store is closed, accept that because there's only three non-seasonals on our team that picked on times and INFs will be a garbage fire and try not to have a TV fall on me.

I didn't work today and I don't work Friday. Tomorrow, I'm just going to try and enjoy working while the store is closed, accept that because there's only three non-seasonals on our team that picked on times and INFs will be a garbage fire and try not to have a TV fall on me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OPUs shouldn't be due until 6pm tomorrow so picked on time shouldn't be a big issue

Today was crazy. We had 2 people scheduled for OPU at 6. We walked into 100 DPCIs. That wouldn't have been bad if we didn't get any more orders, but we couldn't even begin to make a dent in them. Everytime we finished a batch there were more waiting for us then when we left. A third person came in at 9:30 and that helped knock the queue down to around 50 DPCIs, but then it just stayed there. The Wave died on us mid-morning. Finally, leadership got GM in to help but by that point we were nearing compliance and had to go to lunch, so even with GM helping it took a couple of hours to clear everything out. When I left we were only 20 items away from the day's forecasted total. All of our hold locations are overflowing nightmares. Guest services can't find anything because they are so full and GM doesn't really know how to put things to hold properly. POT was at 48%. Guess who I passed on my way out the door? DSD and HRBP walking in. Yikes.

Oh well. Let's set what fresh hell I walk into at 7am tomorrow.
That souds like us today. We had 2 OPU at 6, I walked in at 7:30 with 150 in the gun, called GM for backup asap We had 10 carts running all morning, but orders kept dropping and we had POT in the 60s. Slowly caught up by noon with orders ascmore OPU people on schedule showed up. Let’s see what tomorrow and Friday will bring 🙈

We’re having an issue with our air bag machine where it constantly backs up and we have replaced all of the belts and lowered the amount of air per bag. Anyone know what could be causing that issue and how to fix it? That is messing up our pick productivity.

We’re having an issue with our air bag machine where it constantly backs up and we have replaced all of the belts and lowered the amount of air per bag. Anyone know what could be causing that issue and how to fix it? That is messing up our pick productivity.

They got crappy new bags and they are too thin so they melt. You need to call tech support (number is on the back of the machine) and they will walk you through lowering the temperature. In the meantime you can have somebody gently pulling the bags as they go through. It's slow, but works.

Last edited:
Back