I gotta find an aisle to zone tomorrow for when ship is low. I did all my greatest hits today: Kitchen display audit, the three shoecare permanent endcaps (audited as well), and then every single Heyday item in electronics (also audited).

I gotta find an aisle to zone tomorrow for when ship is low. I did all my greatest hits today: Kitchen display audit, the three shoecare permanent endcaps (audited as well), and then every single Heyday item in electronics (also audited).

Go for all the little surprise type things in toys. Zoning all those shippers to be perfect is zen inducing.

For when ship is low? That...exists????

Saturday was 700 SFS orders when I walked in the door at 5am, and 300 OPU orders and three people.. Today was 1000 SFS orders and another 250 OPU orders and three people.. I have spent the last three days doing almost nothing but keeping the packing station full, shuffling around full pick carts and packing. Also sorting out what the team before did, finding lots of split carts missing items and other mysteries that need fixing. Also we are out of air speed since an ETL that wasn't ours gave away most of the air speed we had stashed.. Six fucking cases, "Well it was in the container you weren't using it since it was out there."

Oh fuck my life.. Even my ETL was fucking pissed.

I hope our leadership realizes that one pack station is not enough for 1100 units. When I opened this morning I couldn't even get to the pack station without moving carts and three tiers that needed to be packed. We only have 5 carts so people were starting batches in 3 tiers. We brought in people from other stores to help pack. Made the 4:30 sort, barely. Tomorrow is day 8 of 12 in a row. I worked over 60 hours last week. I'm beat.

If you come clean with 0 pick/0 pack by store close, does that mean your store will get more orders?

Seasonals are not supposed to pack.

Thats exactly why I've trained the seasonals how to pack.

We've lost half of our experts and our SD had to explain to the higher-ups why they're packing. There isn't enough experts to cover packing (unless we work insane hours and live at the store, literally), and there isn't enough seasonals to handle picking. We got GM helping us pick, but they were not trained in how to pick. Soo many carts are missing items, because they scan the sales floor shelves, like it functions the same as the backroom.

Naturally, our ETL says thats a training problem and won't do anything to fix it. Its not our fault they threw untrained people in SFS, as if anyone even understands how everything works. Theres nothing worse than untrained people doing SFS. Our backroom is in dire need of an audit.

The seasonals that were trained on how to pack is spreading the word about the system works. They need to see what we have to do to solve problems, especially mispicks. Theres no time to send an expert to do last minute training.

They didn't want to listen to me when they were trying to drill the "seasonals can only pick" into our heads.

We had no choice.

I always expect the plan to go wrong at my store. Its upsetting when you see an issue, and want to fix it before it becomes a problem.

But, hey. I'll take that OT.

EDIT: Typos, should be easier to read

Last edited:
578 OPU units picked. 100% POT. 13% INF.

SFS 3791 units complete. 14% INF.

I'd say we've done well.

Only 3 pack stations but they've been in use all day. I think my SD has been at hers for the past 8 hours straight.

I was thrown back in the mix this year, a week before Black Friday. “Hey PogDog need you to manage ship next week.”
I begrudgingly accepted. Thursday: 200 orders. Friday: 400. Sat: 600. Sun: 750. Mon: 1000+. Tomorrow is easily already at 1600 units and climbing. 😰

578 OPU units picked. 100% POT. 13% INF.

SFS 3791 units complete. 14% INF.

I'd say we've done well.

Only 3 pack stations but they've been in use all day. I think my SD has been at hers for the past 8 hours straight.
How many people picking? We did 1600 today with 6 picking, 3 packing, 1 prepping....and still missed sort by about 100......no clue how you guys are doing more than that

Rip to sales and all the stores picking up our slack.... all of northern New England turn off SFS/OPU and drive up due to a massive snow store. Our regional VP decided to pull the plug last night into today. Easiest cyber Monday ever
Huh? They did not turn it off for us. The snow here is really bad, our truck for tomorrow got cancelled and we have not been able to receive SFS supply deliveries

Back