True facts. I still care, but it does get to the point where I tell myself I'm like the elder among the group lol, I think I'm even older than both the TLs. So I'm just trying to focus on doing a good job and keeping up with the younger "kids". I like to think I do a good enough job and I don't argue with the TL in case, god forbid, I'm asked to do the extra tasks like clean and sweep the area, or replenish the packing boxes. There's some kids there, I assume they're all in their early 20s, that refuse to do anything but pick batches or OPUs, they won't even pack! So it's like okay you younger kids be your entitled selves and I'll do me.

So, anybody shipping out hand sanitizer & soap? We shipped 150+ sanitizers and 100+ hand soaps yesterday, smallest batch was 10. All to California addresses.

Can you say coronavirus?
As somebody who lives in CA and has seen an abundance of those orders I had to laugh. Panic has set in. I've actually been trying to calm guests down when they fret about the lack of masks anywhere.

On an entirely different note, who decides what items go into what packaging?? There's so many soft lines items that are prompting to be packed in boxes, especially most of the swimwear, and it just gets annoying having to constantly select "wrong container type" when printing the labels.

A lot of it is based on case pack size vs. the actual item size. I also think they are purposefully putting in odd recommendations now to fine tune the system, if that makes sense.

I'm not in fulfillment right now, but I was captain for 4th quarter and basically ran my team. They still come to me over the TL for help, and I always do what I can. Today I hopped in on OPU, called another TM to jump in and help as well, and audited a paused SFS cart. I found my voice 4th quarter and learned to use it when asking for help, pulling my people back from other tasks by other departments, and implementing routines. It payed off for me, we had a smooth 4th quarter and I impressed my ETL and SD. One thing I've learned is to speak up. My leadership values initiative, and I hope it would be the same in other stores. If you have an idea, voice it, the worst they can say is no.

So, anybody shipping out hand sanitizer & soap? We shipped 150+ sanitizers and 100+ hand soaps yesterday, smallest batch was 10. All to California addresses.

Can you say coronavirus?

Yep, and it's super fun that Purell has been merging DPCIs/changing them and nobody in Pharm noticed. All our counts are off -- it says we have a million of the old ones when we actually have almost none. But we can't substitute the new ones because we're getting slammed with orders for those, too. Ours are going to every NYC borough, every city reachable by NJ Transit and all the Boston suburbs 😄

I also had an order for eight gallons of bleach (I'm going to optimistically assume it was coronavirus prep and not, yknow, murder cleanup!), and had to lol at the system calling for hazard labels on the boxes with the sanitizer, but not the bleach boxes (I put the labels on anyway) 🤔

We're out of all Purell. We don't have SFS so we have several entire 4 foot backroom shelves full of Up & Up hand sanitizer that isn't selling in the Midwest yet. Face masks are a no though. We're out. Also been out of hydrogen peroxide for about a week now.

True facts. I still care, but it does get to the point where I tell myself I'm like the elder among the group lol, I think I'm even older than both the TLs. So I'm just trying to focus on doing a good job and keeping up with the younger "kids". I like to think I do a good enough job and I don't argue with the TL in case, god forbid, I'm asked to do the extra tasks like clean and sweep the area, or replenish the packing boxes. There's some kids there, I assume they're all in their early 20s, that refuse to do anything but pick batches or OPUs, they won't even pack! So it's like okay you younger kids be your entitled selves and I'll do me.
We have a similar problem. We have people who only pick, or only pack, or exclusively do OPU (even when it's dead and there are no OPUs in the gun). Sorting was a surprising pain in the ass to get people to do. Some people don't understand the "flexible" part of flexible fulfillment 🤷‍♂️

We have a similar problem. We have people who only pick, or only pack, or exclusively do OPU (even when it's dead and there are no OPUs in the gun). Sorting was a surprising pain in the ass to get people to do. Some people don't understand the "flexible" part of flexible fulfillment 🤷‍♂️

Yep we have people do everything some are better than others at things but generally everyone can keep both up and running. It did take a while to get a couple people to realize your alerts should be on all the time and if you hear it go off a couple times in short order check the que. We have a couple people who seem to think that if they are picking a ship batch they should finish it before grabbing the OPU.. Um no..

Saaaame. We have only one that only packs. She doesn’t like shopping for herself so she won’t like picking. Had a few that didn’t like OPU but they have since quit (yay). Everyone else rotates all parts.

This new prep thing sucks... We already take the hangers off and fold while we’re picking. We don’t put softlines in bags anyway unless it’s going into a box with chemicals.

Thanks for adding a new worthless time consuming task

Nope. It’s already going into a plastic envelope. No need for it. It’s a waste of plastic.
Do you at least prep them if they're going into a box with hardlines items? There'd certainly be a risk of dirt and damage otherwise when the boxes inevitably get crushed and battered around.

...I always prep clothing because you dont know if the packaging is going to rip and/or get wet and the prep bag is an extra layer of protection.

Do you at least prep them if they're going into a box with hardlines items? There'd certainly be a risk of dirt and damage otherwise when the boxes inevitably get crushed and battered around.

...I always prep clothing because you dont know if the packaging is going to rip and/or get wet and the prep bag is an extra layer of protection.

How is this any different from it lying on the floor in the backroom or on the floor on the salesfloor. The clothing doesn't always come in plastic bags in Target's own repacks.

Back