I texted my ETL to see how things were going and she asked if I could come in at 2am tomorrow as a favor. I said the best I could do was 4am, no reply yet. I didn't get home until after midnight last night, and I'm off today so I slept in. It's just not feasible for me to get to bed early enough to get the required amount of sleep to go in that early. I have asthma, they know this. I haven't asked to go out on leave, and I worked OT all week. I can't allow myself to get run down or I'm at even greater risk of getting sick. I know they are slammed, but I need to protect myself too.
E2A82480-7CD2-4C42-B595-E7BDB0F1442B.jpeg

So, I was off for 2 weeks right? Come back on my first overnight shift last night to a disaster zone. Out of all boxes except 126, 413, and 277...out of air pillows, no bubble wrap, actually running low on hex wrap which surprised me. And no one had done an order, as far as me or the TL knew. Only reason we had any boxes, tape, or collates is because I always over order smaller stuff...

Also, trashcans in both opu and SFS were overflowing and trash was all over the floor. I found half empty water bottles and reshop strewn over our desks. I was absolutely appalled. I get its busy and stressful right now, even moreso than when I left, but to just...leave everything in this state?

First thing I did was make a supply list and clean. And then leave notes reminding my team to do the same, occasionally, so I dont come back dayside and murder all of them.

450 OPU orders this morning and six people picking and still can't keep it under 150.. SFS? We don't know her today.. And I start tomorrow at 3am..

450 OPU orders this morning and six people picking and still can't keep it under 150.. SFS? We don't know her today.. And I start tomorrow at 3am..
We have been doing over 2000 OPU units every day on a forecast of 300 lol our OPU far exceeds our ship as well

Is there (was there ever) a grace period on OPU picks for same day deliveries? Love / hate relationship with OPUs showing deliveries of obscure cosmetics that morning that are delivered at 345am, truck is huge and not finished until 11a and the batch is due at 8am.....

The eternal struggle.....
What the hell 7h Unload ???

So, I was off for 2 weeks right? Come back on my first overnight shift last night to a disaster zone. Out of all boxes except 126, 413, and 277...out of air pillows, no bubble wrap, actually running low on hex wrap which surprised me. And no one had done an order, as far as me or the TL knew. Only reason we had any boxes, tape, or collates is because I always over order smaller stuff...

Also, trashcans in both opu and SFS were overflowing and trash was all over the floor. I found half empty water bottles and reshop strewn over our desks. I was absolutely appalled. I get its busy and stressful right now, even moreso than when I left, but to just...leave everything in this state?

First thing I did was make a supply list and clean. And then leave notes reminding my team to do the same, occasionally, so I dont come back dayside and murder all of them.
My guess is they're probably not wiping down carts and pack stations several times a day which isn't good in our current situation. I freaking hate when people leave their half drank slobbered bottles all over the place.

Your numbers sound about like ours. We only had three pickers and started missing goals so they finally pulled people from other areas to help. We were below 200 when I left at 4, we'll see how it is when I get there at 6am tomorrow.

Our SFS area looks like that since I stopped being mom, they have a few they schedule to pick/pack SFS everyday they can own it. And they aren't.

At least you guys are getting ot and help from your leads. Opu has been completely slammed we havent been able to get it under 200 with 2 people picking at all times and our sd only wants 1 person on opu and only cares about picking for the next day sfs. We had 1 closer for opu and they wouldn’t give her any help with it over 200 and wouldn’t let our sfs team help her. Im so ready to walk out. Theres just too much

Opener walked into 700 OPUs. We've had 8 pickers at one point today and we still have 350 OPUs to be picked. They're dropping in steadily. 100% on time and yellow INF for now.

Back