Was actually a light day for us. We had an army scheduled for OPU. We came clean by 8:00 and then everyone else got diverted and it was just me picking. Shit day for INFs though. Home at my store is so fucking rough and every batch I took included lots of it.

6500 eaches for ship yesterday, had 19 carts picking, OPU had 3 people til 430, never dropped below 200.

20 pallets of boxes arrived yesterday.

Missed 430 by over 1000 eaches, had 18 pallets ready for UPS when they picked up. They dropped a trailer for us to fill as we're running out of room. Downside of that is we have to load the trailer, which costs us labor that could otherwise be used picking or packing or sorting or or or or.....

And you need someone who actually knows how to load a trailer, to hand pack the boxes in there to get the most out of the space. A reverse game of Tetris.

We got almost 6000 units and we are only a 2 pack station. Still have 500 to pick, over 1000 to pack. I want to cry. Not enough equipment or people.

Did 2500 for a single pack station, 10hr day doing nothing but prep/pack and calling out rookie shit from some of these rookies they got picking.. Just cause you can't find the clothing item that does not mean you key the DCPI and scan your cart like you did find it. Two carts like this. Also when it says to pick two you need to pick two not six, not one but two!
Did get it all picked, we all prepped and just a few left to pack when I left at 2:30pm. Now we just needed UPS to actually bring an empty truck to pick it all up..

Last edited:
Our district is saying we need to be picking at 100 per hour and packing at 150. It's nearly impossible to do that when trucks are so massive that you're constantly searching repacks because all the DBOs call off, and because everyone else is being pulled for SFS, zoning/audit/EXF isn't done. And packing? Good luck with no supplies, mistakes on carts and being packed like sardines with two people packing two carts at once on each station. Please start coaching and terming us. 😓

Our district is saying we need to be picking at 100 per hour and packing at 150. It's nearly impossible to do that when trucks are so massive that you're constantly searching repacks because all the DBOs call off, and because everyone else is being pulled for SFS, zoning/audit/EXF isn't done. And packing? Good luck with no supplies, mistakes on carts and being packed like sardines with two people packing two carts at once on each station. Please start coaching and terming us. 😓
Lol we took a double last week where one truck was 2200 and the other was 2500 and they really expected us to find stuff that hadn’t even been unloaded off of the truck yet!

at my store we have started picking for the day and then doing whatever we had for carryover and that’s it. We have pretty much stopped picking into the next day because when we get “ahead” that’s when they give us more units and we don’t want them 🤷‍♂️
Did 2500 for a single pack station, 10hr day doing nothing but prep/pack and calling out rookie shit from some of these rookies they got picking.. Just cause you can't find the clothing item that does not mean you key the DCPI and scan your cart like you did find it. Two carts like this. Also when it says to pick two you need to pick two not six, not one but two!
Did get it all picked, we all prepped and just a few left to pack when I left at 2:30pm. Now we just needed UPS to actually bring an empty truck to pick it all up..
We have people doing that fake picking at my store and I’m not sure who taught them that but it’s a coaching, even if they’re not my team. I pull the order inquiry every time, coach them, document it, and if it’s not someone from my team I have their TL document it for me. That shit is unacceptable

Have your etl not acknowledge the truck until it's been pushed. It's been a blessing

As far as boxes, things are so bad in my store that SFS is just asking floor people with cardboard to throw away to leave their bigger boxes out to be used. Totally out of SFS boxes. Came in the other day to 7 full pallets of SFS ready to go.

As far as boxes, things are so bad in my store that SFS is just asking floor people with cardboard to throw away to leave their bigger boxes out to be used. Totally out of SFS boxes. Came in the other day to 7 full pallets of SFS ready to go.
And this is why I got a board game in a starburst casepack 😂 I had a good laugh - first at the box, then at my kids who didn’t even notice the box! But then we got 13 pallets of supplies in today and we’ve been all but shut off so that’s cool, we’ll take a minute and regroup and catch our breath. Tomorrow I’m hosting 3 orientations and throwing 13 new TMs on to train for fulfillment so we’ll be slammed with 3000+ orders and a huge ass truck. It’s retail life.

Not happening when you have one pack station and a bunch of half assed folding tables as the other five prep/pack stations. It's like monkey's fucking a football we are tripping over each other trying to pack back there.

Somehow we've gone from 2000+ to do overnight last week to 600+ the last few days, to...40...today, so I just looked at my TL and asked if I could go home. I'm not puttering around the store at 3am scrounging for scraps of work to do.

With so many other stores still drowning in orders I hope we get more to do going forward. I came off LOA to help Ship out, not to do other random housekeeping stuff.

They've grown our overnight team, too, and no one seems to give a flip about social distancing so I'm glad to get an extra day off and some space from all that...

And this is why I got a board game in a starburst casepack 😂 I had a good laugh - first at the box, then at my kids who didn’t even notice the box! But then we got 13 pallets of supplies in today and we’ve been all but shut off so that’s cool, we’ll take a minute and regroup and catch our breath. Tomorrow I’m hosting 3 orientations and throwing 13 new TMs on to train for fulfillment so we’ll be slammed with 3000+ orders and a huge ass truck. It’s retail life.

I'm training today, too, and I'm sure it'll be crazy. Yesterday would've been perfect for training because we had barely anything, but nope, today. But if it is dead again, now that they're apparently cutting back, these newbies will take our hours (I've been at 40+ as one of the only morning fulfillment workers, everyone else is softlines). Love it! 😑

Yeah, they were throwing around 1500 this week.

Similar - we have been 6500-7000 each day this week with 6 pack stations.....

But I am off today thru Friday, so I won't lose sleep over it - my wife and I were supposed to be spending 17 days in Spain& Portugal, but instead we've knocked that down to 4 days off and working around the house - garden, yard, etc.

The interesting question is what changes will I walk into on Monday at 6am?

I realize the general guidelines are out the window right now, but we've done over 5000 units on multiple days and we are only a 2 pack station. I was just wondering what the normal numbers would be. We are trying to earn more pack stations and I would like to motivate the team with how much we have accomplished vs. what is normal for our stations.

I realize the general guidelines are out the window right now, but we've done over 5000 units on multiple days and we are only a 2 pack station. I was just wondering what the normal numbers would be. We are trying to earn more pack stations and I would like to motivate the team with how much we have accomplished vs. what is normal for our stations.
I think I remember my SD saying 2000 or 2500 per packstation back in Q4. It might be as high as 3000 per station or as low as 1500 per station tho.

It might be on Workbench under fulfillment somewhere.

Hey is there anyway to see your pick rate/inf rate yourself?
Greenfield will give you the best idea. Card 13117 for SFS pick rate, 5332 for SFS INF, and 9982 for OPU INF.

MPM is dumb as rocks wrt INF and total units attempted, as it will include multiple locations in the count. Lets say you needed 12 bleach bottles and it gives you two locations for the bleach.

1) It counts that as 24 units attempted

2) Lets say you have none and INF. MPM counts that as 24 INF units instead of 12.

Greenfield will give you the best idea. Card 13117 for SFS pick rate, 5332 for SFS INF, and 9982 for OPU INF.

MPM is dumb as rocks wrt INF and total units attempted, as it will include multiple locations in the count. Lets say you needed 12 bleach bottles and it gives you two locations for the bleach.

1) It counts that as 24 units attempted

2) Lets say you have none and INF. MPM counts that as 24 INF units instead of 12.
You have no idea how irritated I get when my etl bitches me out that someone "cancelled" something in 0 minutes and I have to explain for the 40th time after following up that the tm is literally picking the batch as we speak and he/she just skipped an item.

Now we're yelled at for not picking 130 or packing 170. I'm trying my very best but it's just so difficult to do those numbers regularly, I just physically can't maintain that high. I feel like coachings are going to begin and I'm so nervous.

Back