Oh ya for those i make sure to count what i can actually use before i enter my number.. doesn't seem to bother the system too much
No, we had none of them at all and it had already been audited out the day before. It should not be allowed in general. We just don't have it.

Damn. That sucks. That's why one of my golden rules of fulfillment is "Never scan a pick label." Got burnt too many times with mispicks.
Yep, ideally people should be fixing it during push or backstock and I always do that when I find it, but if you don't open the box then you don't know what is in it. Sometimes it is obvious but it is surprising other times.

I also think my TL said there was something like 10% mispicks from our trucks. That's not our fault but it effects us greatly sometimes.

Last edited:
.......oh, those ghost items are always fun and require 40 minutes of a hunt sometimes to confirm they don't exist...
The last place to look besides go backs are the wakos in the back in case it is simply unlocated. Talk about a wild goose chase, though you do occasionally find something and that pisses me off. Is it that hard to just backstock something?

On another note, and I'm sure people have talked about this in this long thread, but fuck this new system we recently got. Why are we unable to give a receipt to the customer, why do we have to be so meticulous with processing? Why does this new label machine work like shit and we have to fix it several times a day? I understand that it was to save a little bit of paper but it seems to actually waste more paper because it doesn't work correctly. They are definitely going to see an uptick of mistakes from this, then they will blame us and not themselves for thinking this is a good idea. Why, why why.
I personally have never had a problem with the new zebra printers at either store I worked at and much prefer them to the old printers I’m sorry you’re having a bad experience with them

I personally have never had a problem with the new zebra printers at either store I worked at and much prefer them to the old printers I’m sorry you’re having a bad experience with them
But it is just worse in general, you can't even confirm the order is correct when packing after the scanning is done. Honestly my store gets more orders than we should technically handle but we are always able to do it and do it well. We can't pack while processing like we are technically suppose to, it just doesn't work out for us that way. We have some of the best scores and ratings in our district too. Why fuck up something that works?

But it is just worse in general, you can't even confirm the order is correct when packing after the scanning is done. Honestly my store gets more orders than we should technically handle but we are always able to do it and do it well. We can't pack while processing like we are technically suppose to, it just doesn't work out for us that way. We have some of the best scores and ratings in our district too. Why fuck up something that works?
I’m confused. Why would you need to confirm the order is correct after the scanning is complete? Shouldn’t the items be in the box & taped shut by that point? Unless your store lives on staging carts and you guys don’t know how to act now.

I’m confused. Why would you need to confirm the order is correct after the scanning is complete? Shouldn’t the items be in the box & taped shut by that point? Unless your store lives on staging carts and you guys don’t know how to act now.
Oh, you don't have a high volume store and you have never actually done fulfillment in such an environment. This statement is the problem right here. You really think that is how it works all the time. We are suppose to have only one table for packing but get 1000s of orders a day. Maybe start questioning target before you start questioning us. We do great and targets policies impeded us every step of the way.

What ever happened to ASANTS?

Oh, you don't have a high volume store and you have never actually done fulfillment in such an environment. This statement is the problem right here. You really think that is how it works all the time. We are suppose to have only one table for packing but get 1000s of orders a day. Maybe start questioning target before you start questioning us. We do great and targets policies impeded us every step of the way.
My store is one of the highest volumes in my district, so try again about I don’t know about volumes. I will say if you only have 1 packing station for that amount of volume, that royally sucks. And if Target can’t understand that then start missing goal times.

My store is one of the highest volumes in my district, so try again about I don’t know about volumes. I will say if you only have 1 packing station for that amount of volume, that royally sucks. And if Target can’t understand that then start missing goal times.
We won't do that. My bosses don't want to do that. We have many other "unofficial" packing stations (tables) but only one of these "new" printers we just got recently. But we are not missing goal times, we can do it. We just can't pack everything immediately after processing it. Even the thought of missing goal times is absurd to me and my managers.

We won't do that. My bosses don't want to do that. We have many other "unofficial" packing stations (tables) but only one of these "new" printers we just got recently. But we are not missing goal times, we can do it. We just can't pack everything immediately after processing it. Even the thought of missing goal times is absurd to me and my managers.
More power to you guys then until someone comes up with a foolproof way of order accuracy if you are staging with only 1 printer.

More power to you guys then until someone comes up with a foolproof way of order accuracy if you are staging with only 1 printer.
God, it can be hell to do. And I don't mean to be defensive or an asshole but it can be pretty stressful sometimes. I do love the people I work with though and we want to excel as a store team in general. Definitely a team effort to get all of this done on so little resources. The fact that this new printer needed to be fixed hours into the first time we used it didn't help. We are constantly having to fiddle with it.

I also have no idea what "staging" means. We just process first, while other people pack.

God, it can be hell to do. And I don't mean to be defensive or an asshole but it can be pretty stressful sometimes. I do love the people I work with though and we want to excel as a store team in general. Definitely a team effort to get all of this done on so little resources. The fact that this new printer needed to be fixed hours into the first time we used it didn't help. We are constantly having to fiddle with it.

I also have no idea what "staging" means. We just process first, while other people pack.
That’s what my store calls it when we have to beat deadline if we are close to missing it. “Staging“ the cart to actually pack later.

That’s what my store calls it when we have to beat deadline if we are close to missing it. “Staging“ the cart to actually pack later.
Oh ok, we usually don't do it in the cart unless we have absolutely no room anywhere else, but that is already a severe situation at that point.

On another note, and I'm sure people have talked about this in this long thread, but fuck this new system we recently got. Why are we unable to give a receipt to the customer, why do we have to be so meticulous with processing? Why does this new label machine work like shit and we have to fix it several times a day? I understand that it was to save a little bit of paper but it seems to actually waste more paper because it doesn't work correctly. They are definitely going to see an uptick of mistakes from this, then they will blame us and not themselves for thinking this is a good idea. Why, why why.

We (or maybe it’s just me) have also had issues with the new printers. It gets jammed every few orders, which slows everything down considerably. I was complaining about it (mostly to myself due to frustration) and our SD was sorting and heard me and was all, “oh they save so much time because there’s no colate to put in with the order, they are so great” but this person who a a “Target can do no wrong” type, so I didn’t bother responding. I used to be one of the fastest packers, but now I’m somewhere in the middle of the group. And we were told to separate all orders, scan them, then box them after you’re all done but without having something to double check orders, that’s a terrible way to do it because if a label gets misplaced, you are screwed.

What ever happened to ASANTS?
I just don’t think that you guys should be fake packing like that even if you only have one station and thousands of orders. If your store can not handle the volume that you are receiving without faking it then your SD needs to talk to your ops director the stress should not be falling on you (the team members). I understand that it is a little unavoidable to have more than you can really handle due to the pandemic being more welcoming to the digital guest but there are limits

We (or maybe it’s just me) have also had issues with the new printers. It gets jammed every few orders, which slows everything down considerably. I was complaining about it (mostly to myself due to frustration) and our SD was sorting and heard me and was all, “oh they save so much time because there’s no colate to put in with the order, they are so great” but this person who a a “Target can do no wrong” type, so I didn’t bother responding. I used to be one of the fastest packers, but now I’m somewhere in the middle of the group. And we were told to separate all orders, scan them, then box them after you’re all done but without having something to double check orders, that’s a terrible way to do it because if a label gets misplaced, you are screwed.
If your printers are getting jammed every few orders they need to be serviced or you guys are loading it wrong, the new printers are undoubtedly better technology than the old ones

No, you are right. Putting the colate in the pack took no time what so ever. I know one of those people who loves target and even they were a little weirded out. "But it saves paper" not saving much every-time it gets jammed and needs to print out 5 labels. Today we couldn't even scan the order because the printer fucked up. Some one had to readjust it to print correctly.

If your printers are getting jammed every few orders they need to be serviced or you guys are loading it wrong, the new printers are undoubtedly better technology than the old ones
You would think that but we are not the ones who installed or loaded it. A professional did so and it jammed within the hour. Those guys leave and we need to fix it ourselves. They are not better at all in every possible way except it only prints the label and not the receipt on top of it. It could be faster than a regular printer if it actually worked correctly but besides that it sucks, trust me.

You would think that but we are not the ones who installed or loaded it. A professional did so and it jammed within the hour. Those guys leave and we need to fix it ourselves. They are not better at all in every possible way except it only prints the label and not the receipt on top of it. It could be faster than a regular printer if it actually worked correctly but besides that it sucks, trust me.
I trust you when you say that you are having problems but you need to call it in and have them serviced. They will send a technician the next day for you. I have overseen the installation of the new printers from the old ones at two separate stores and it really is a good move for the company in my opinion

What does it actually do when it jams? Details if you can provide.
It tends to either rap around the roller and eject ripped in half or it just refuses to print at all. I have gotten used to it and can normally get it to work. If you don't rip the label off correctly you have to mess with it to even print the next label. I am not the only one having trouble with it, everyone has had problems.

It tends to either rap around the roller and eject ripped in half or it just refuses to print at all. I have gotten used to it and can normally get it to work. If you don't rip the label off correctly you have to mess with it to even print the next label. I am not the only one having trouble with it, everyone has had problems.
I’m so sorry you guys are having problems with it you’re working very hard and deserve properly functioning equipment! Wish I could come to your store and take a look

I trust you when you say that you are having problems but you need to call it in and have them serviced. They will send a technician the next day for you. I have overseen the installation of the new printers from the old ones at two separate stores and it really is a good move for the company in my opinion
This would be ideal but the printer is brand spanking new. I'm really not sure what they could do with it. It just keeps malfunctioning every time we get it working properly. Granted, I am not around all the time and don't know everything everyone does with it, but it might just be a new thing with have to live with. It just sucks that it works worse than the regular printer we had before. I can't believe I actually miss that piece of shit.

Back