How bad is the quarantine items hurting your inf score? Our store we’re green in every area except soft lines because they want the quarantined item.

It's difficult to say for certain. It's difficult to access our quarantine area and since we can't pick those items, we don't bother. We know it hurts, but we don't know exactly how much. The steep hour cuts, despite being way over sales goals, also play a huge factor for us. Things aren't getting done, especially in style. The zone is a complete mess. Freight's getting rolled or hurriedly pushed haphazardly. Who really knows if the item we're looking for is in quarantine or somewhere else we didn't think to look? 🤷‍♂️

I was doing the same thing and going with cancel due to prohibited items than our store director told my team “we can’t do that due to it being unethical”.

I was doing the same thing and going with cancel due to prohibited items than our store director told my team “we can’t do that due to it being unethical”.
My ass it’s unethical. I’m not INFing it because it’s something way out of my control. I’ve never ”fake picked something and then cancelled it during pack” before the quarantined stuff.

I have to admit that irritates me. When corporate makes changes for our benefit it's because nearly everyone is red on metrics. That's why they changed OPU goal time from half an hour. Fewer than 10 stores in the country were green. But, if some stores are cheating they just tell everyone else that if those stores can manage they should be able to as well. In general, I'm also just a big proponent of doing things right. I can't exactly bitch about other teams not doing what they are supposed to do, if I'm cheating myself. (And, trust me, I've been known to bitch about that.) If I catch anyone on my store's fulfillment team, faking because an item is in quaratine, we're going to have words.

I mean it's just an INF. It's not the end of the world. I'm not really sure why it's okay to fake it because the item is in quarantine if it's not also okay to fake it because the item is damaged or there was a mispick. Those things are out of our control as well. Hell, I can't control if an in-store guest got to an item first or if a thief took it. Maybe I should just fake everything?

I just type the DPCI in, put it in a bogus sub-cart and a Pack-Cancel it. I’m not letting that effect my INF.
Ooo. Is this a legit thing to do ? Could really help scores !

also, why can’t you pick a quarantined item ?
If the guest service tm can touch it, why can’t the flex tm touch it ?
By the time the guest gets it, it will have spent its required 3 day hold in shipping.

Last edited:
Ooo. Is this a legit thing to do ? Could really help scores !

also, why can’t you pick a quarantined item ?
If the guest service tm can touch it, why can’t the flex tm touch it ?
By the time the guest gets it, it will have spent its required 3 day hold in shipping.
The bottom part is what I said as well but I guess its company directive or something

We are shipping quarantine items that have been holding for at least one day for the reason above. It takes a few days to go out, then get to the person.

Cancelling when packing isn't going to do anyone any favors in the future. It's a metric on Greenfield, they track it. If you do it in excess they're definitely gonna notice and crack down.

Not saying dont ever do it, just make sure it's not an always sort of thing. It's too easy to think of it as a way around INFs but...yeah, no.

We’ve been told not to pick them. I will not let it affect my INF when I can clearly see it.
Cancelling when packing isn't going to do anyone any favors in the future. It's a metric on Greenfield, they track it. If you do it in excess they're definitely gonna notice and crack down.

Not saying dont ever do it, just make sure it's not an always sort of thing. It's too easy to think of it as a way around INFs but...yeah, no.
My stores pack cancel percentage is so minuscule after a days worth of packing it’s not even 1%. If they have questions I have answers for them.

My stores pack cancel percentage is so minuscule after a days worth of packing it’s not even 1%. If they have questions I have answers for them.
I was more so cautioning others than condemning your choices. I had one dude who learned about cancelling and suddenly our INF was pristine but our cancel % was very alarming and we got slowed way down as a result.

Because, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, cancelling is completely lost sales for target, while INFs get routed to another store to be fulfilled.

I had a TM at my old store who got talked to about their INF. Their solution was to type in and cancel at pack. They then got a CCA for that. I would be very careful in doing that.

I track that with my team's metrics. I understand if the item was damaged or the wrong item was grabbed, but using it to cheat the system is wrong. I had one TM who was responsible for 11 cancels in less than 30 days, and that was in January. So not too many guests taking items out of carts, and it was all softlines items. I had a conversation with that TM about it and it stopped.

My ass it’s unethical. I’m not INFing it because it’s something way out of my control. I’ve never ”fake picked something and then cancelled it during pack” before the quarantined stuff.

If you were on my team, you'd be having a workday conservation with me.

I tell my team all the time INF is just a metric. I'm only upset when someone is literally being lazy, or cheating the system, like you are.

ASANTS, so for you, perhaps this is the best option so your lead doesn't yell at you for bad INF. If they do due to quarantine items their a shitty lead.

Cheating, regardless of workcenter or metric, just created further problems down the line. Problems that will eventually lead to more babysitting metrics.

Sort on time wouldn't exist if people didn't fake pack. Sort by store close wouldn't exist if SD's respected the fulfilment teams job and let them pick after goal time for the next days workload.

The more anyone "cheats" on anything the more handcuffs HQ will put in.

Soon ETLS won't be able to order supplies for SFS because they'll be auto-ordered based on your volume and they'll track which boxes you are scanning out each day.

Ultimately, you are helping lead to greater problems.

But you do you I guess.

If you were on my team, you'd be having a workday conservation with me.

I tell my team all the time INF is just a metric. I'm only upset when someone is literally being lazy, or cheating the system, like you are.

ASANTS, so for you, perhaps this is the best option so your lead doesn't yell at you for bad INF. If they do due to quarantine items their a shitty lead.

Cheating, regardless of workcenter or metric, just created further problems down the line. Problems that will eventually lead to more babysitting metrics.

Sort on time wouldn't exist if people didn't fake pack. Sort by store close wouldn't exist if SD's respected the fulfilment teams job and let them pick after goal time for the next days workload.

The more anyone "cheats" on anything the more handcuffs HQ will put in.

Soon ETLS won't be able to order supplies for SFS because they'll be auto-ordered based on your volume and they'll track which boxes you are scanning out each day.

Ultimately, you are helping lead to greater problems.

But you do you I guess.
I will do me, thanks. I’ve looked at my stores pack cancel. All of it is style, most assuming quarantined items. Multiple TMs & an ETL. Workday conversation, very threatening.

Hey guys,
My personal INF has been getting really bad this past week. it was up to like 15% today literally it was items that had like 15 on floor and 12 on hand. One even had 20+ on floor and yet nothing on shelf or receiving. My store has been a literal mess and it’s really frustrating. I literally talk to my TL for each item and check everywhere. Is anyone else dealing with this or just me haha

Hey guys,
My personal INF has been getting really bad this past week. it was up to like 15% today literally it was items that had like 15 on floor and 12 on hand. One even had 20+ on floor and yet nothing on shelf or receiving. My store has been a literal mess and it’s really frustrating. I literally talk to my TL for each item and check everywhere. Is anyone else dealing with this or just me haha

Don't sweat it. As long as you're looking appropriately for everything and they know you're looking, you have nothing to worry about. INFs are high company wide. The DCs have been pushing a lot more frieght than normal. Their regulars are tired. They have new hires. That always means we get a ton more mispicks. At the store level hours have been cut, so things aren't getting done. Seasonal hires have replaced regular TMs on LOAs so that means what is getting done isn't getting done right. Difficult to pick sections, beauty and style, have really been hit hard with hour cuts. Returns are being quarantined. AP is, well on a public forum let's just say increased loss is very likely right now. Guests are swarming stores leaving things in complete disarray.

That all makes for high INF rates. Welcome to BTS and Q4 on steriods. Today, for the first time ever I did not pick a single batch that didn't include at least one INF. Usually, even when things are bad I'm going to get at a least a few clean carts. Not today. Oh well. Since I still can't pull the items out of my ass I'm not going to sweat it.

If you're a good worker they will let it slide most likely. If you're a bum, they'll use it to get you fired. Be a good worker

Today was about the worst day of my Target life for INFs.
We are normally pretty good and I found almost everything today except for paint which they wanted 7 of. I knew that would mess up our score. By the time I was leaving my etl looked at it and I was astonished we were even in the yellow. I feel partly responsible but it can't have been my fault. He told me to cancel the things I couldn't find in the pack.

On another note, and I'm sure people have talked about this in this long thread, but fuck this new system we recently got. Why are we unable to give a receipt to the customer, why do we have to be so meticulous with processing? Why does this new label machine work like shit and we have to fix it several times a day? I understand that it was to save a little bit of paper but it seems to actually waste more paper because it doesn't work correctly. They are definitely going to see an uptick of mistakes from this, then they will blame us and not themselves for thinking this is a good idea. Why, why why.

Back