Have you guys seriously not gotten these printers until now? Our store has had them since October.

Y’all got me worried they changed the printers again.
No, they didn’t change the printers again, yes some stores don’t have the new ones yet. They are doing the installations in waves so it’s not really surprising that some stores haven’t made the switch yet

Have you guys seriously not gotten these printers until now? Our store has had them since October.

Y’all got me worried they changed the printers again.
No idea when we're getting them at my store. But when the Hexcell stuff showed up no one knew wtf it was for a few days until an ETL actually read an email about it so who knows.

I like the new printers , but they are placed under the desk ... not the right place IMO ! Too low ..
where did you put yours ?
On the desk we have the Wat tape dispenser ...

I like the new printers , but they are placed under the desk ... not the right place IMO ! Too low ..
On the desk, left hand side, wet tape dispenser in the right.

Attachments

• IMG_20200415_062829122.jpg
    IMG_20200415_062829122.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 102
We put ours behind the tape machine. Originally my ETL wanted the printer in front and the tape machine behind, but I could see water flying everywhere and tape getting stuck. The airbag machine is to the left. Our stations just aren't big enough.

That is exactly where the lazy fuck of a installer put it. So we borrowed a few stands from market and bumped it up to where the top almost hits the desk on the underside of the table but it works. I was looking for info on the printer and it's in the instructions to not put it there.

Yeah that trash can to catch the paper, yeah I booted that within five minutes. So it's a trail of paper until I decide to clean it up.

Plans to expand fresh grocery pickup are suddenly back on. Will begin next week in some districts with more to follow soon.
My store is live, and it's a not going well. I feel like my store tends to be pretty chaotic in general, though, so YMMV.

What’s not going well about it?

Yes, please tell us @badcrumble. As the person at my store scheduled first when it goes live, I'd like to know what to expect. My store leadership has very few answers because we're not hearing anything from higher up. One thing I'd like to know is whether all groceries will be separated from other orders, or will things only go separate if people order cold/fresh/frozen as well as dry? We carved out a ton of backroom space for dry grocery hold locations and we're told once we're live all dry has to go there and nothing else can. Not a big deal if all grocery batches are separate. But, that's going to be a pain in the ass if I get a typical batch of a bunch of other stuff plus one package of Oreos.

I'm a little nervous about going into too much detail & outing myself, but here goes:
- My store is ill-equipped for it. We have the French-door cooler and one freezer, and the layout is really awkward, so stowing orders is a PITA. Also, it's not enough storage space for the amount of orders we're getting. The cooler in particular, was pretty full after ~2 batches. (There were loads of people ordering a lot of milk; not sure if it's a pandemic thing or a Midwestern thing.)
- No one seems to want to do grocery picks. I was on leave when we went live, so I really don't know how it was handled, or what went wrong here. Currently our FF team is largely first-month seasonals and Style team... so either no one knows how to do grocery picks (?), or they're afraid (??), or they know that they're a hassle and are just avoiding them.
- For those who take pride in their metrics: I've found that grocery picks are more time-consuming than regular picks. There's usually a lot of guests over in grocery, and trying to keep a responsible distance is difficult and really slowed my process down. Add to that, the aforementioned poorly-conceived OPU room setup and my productivity felt similar to a snail's.
- As for the batches, I'm pretty certain groceries are separate only if fresh/temp-sensitive items are ordered. I spent a majority of my picking time in grocery yesterday and I know for sure I had batches where it was all dry goods, and like, one pound of butter. In my regular picks, I definitely had batches of the usual cosmetics/lawn furniture/whatever + dry goods, Gatorade, etc. So, yeah, you'll still get food & bev in regular picks.

Ask the chatBot for help. It’s in there.
You and Seasonaldude are heroes! I used the chatbot. Outbound>Fulfillment> pickup and SFS Inquiry.

We had been using the pickup app But that didn‘t help us if something fell to the floor and/or didn’t have a sticker. Thank you!

Back