I'm the closing lead this weekend for the first time. I'm really worried now. I told my SD if the store doesn't burn down I'll be happy. They agreed. If we can limp through this weekend we can make a game plan next week. Although I have a feeling a lot of the youngins who are calling out due to fear of Covid will miraculously get over it by the time the holiday weekend is over.

I'm the closing lead this weekend for the first time. I'm really worried now. I told my SD if I don't bring the store down I'll be happy. They agreed. If we can limp through this weekend we can make a game plan next week. Although I have a feeling a lot of the youngins who are calling out due to fear of Covid will miraculously get over it by the time the holiday weekend is over.
I was put on the closing rotation a couple weeks after being hired as a TL and it really isn’t too bad, you’ll be ok! Closing is a little bit of a break from your normal stuff

It's coming.....
wouldn't that be nice.

Does anyone know how to see how many Fresh OPU orders we are turning away? We're maxing out our current hold locations by about 9am every morning, emptying them by 6pm - I want to make the argument for more and dedicated space, but need to be able to cute numbers. Suggestions?

Im really starting to worry about increased traffic from back to school. Im hoping it wont be bad but our BTS is all crammed into seasonal (as usual) with not much walking space. Im sure many other stores are the same. How can we safely pick bts orders if the sections are packed with 20 Karens and there kids? This is going to suck.

Big delivery today...

Need item - Item delivered today - Not on shelf - Ask GM’er,- GM’er already pushed and zoned area where item would be - check back room - no uboat with item found

Target: We have it! Somewhere!

maybe I’m just missing something
So relatable

Start Fresh in under a week and no communication from leadership. Gonna be a great roll out.

I can't tell you how many boxes I have built like that. When you are not an enhanced store your choices are limited and sometimes you need to get creative.
I'm all for the frankenbox, we do it too. But it was barely holding together. I was impressed it survived shipping 😂

Big delivery today...

Need item - Item delivered today - Not on shelf - Ask GM’er,- GM’er already pushed and zoned area where item would be - check back room - no uboat with item found

Target: We have it! Somewhere!

maybe I’m just missing something

We work at the same store....? 😂

Im really starting to worry about increased traffic from back to school. Im hoping it wont be bad but our BTS is all crammed into seasonal (as usual) with not much walking space. Im sure many other stores are the same. How can we safely pick bts orders if the sections are packed with 20 Karens and there kids? This is going to suck.
Can't. Hold your breath if you can. It's just like it was for Easter. Trust me I'm dreading it too.

We've been doing Fresh for almost two weeks. Trying to find out how many orders we are not getting due to spaces being filled. Any ideas on how to find out?

We're using the deli cooler and freezer up front to hold our cool/frozen items, with a rack in between for dry. Suggested to our higher-ups we just remodel Target Cafe as it brings in about $1.50/week in good times - that didn't fly, so I really don't know where we'll put dedicated holding space.

Sigh.

Do the grocery batches have all dry market items like chips and soda or only stuff like bananas, potatoes, and onions in addition to frozen and refrigerated?

Do the grocery batches have all dry market items like chips and soda or only stuff like bananas, potatoes, and onions in addition to frozen and refrigerated?

It's going to have everything. This is the way it works for now:

Let's say Karen orders: 5 cases of La Croix, 17 individual containers of baby food, 4 six-packs of protein drinks from OTC, six movie theater boxes of Mike & Ikes, a loaf of whold grain bread and because she's feeling sexy a little black dress from AND plus those cute enough to die for Sugarfix earrings.

That's going to be a regular pickup order.

Now, let's say she orders all of that and she adds in one fucking Lunchable. Well, now the dress and earrings will go into a regular batch. Everything else is going to get split off into a separate gocery batch.

This can be a gigantic pain in the ass for fulfillment TMs doing OPUs trying to manage their time as we now have two separate batches due at the same time. We really have to keep an eye on everything and despite the 3 hour goal time, corporate wants all grocery batches completed within an hour or they tend to get bitchy.

We were told that ALL grocery items, including dry, are always supposed to go into the separate grocery batches and that they aren't currently will be "fixed." Haven't heard anything about that in awhile though.

Oh for some additional info on fresh OPUs. (Apologies in advance for making all Market TMs, Fulfillment TMs, Market TLs, Fullfillment TLs, GM ETLs and SDs groan in pain.) We did finally get some answers on an issue with fresh OPUs. There is a list of approximately 150 items that Target assumes you always have in stock. You can and will get orders for these items one time a day. If they are INF'd, you will not get any more orders for them, unless they are in the gun at the time.

It doesn't matter if you actually have the items or not. The assumption is that you are always fully stocked. So, let's say that your market team doesn't order kiwis because everytime they have done so no one buys them and they just have to throw them all out? Too bad. Target.com assumes that you have them so they can be ordered. Vendor running low on skim milk so didn't bring any in that morning? Too bad. That's an INF. Completely out of 80/20 beef because all of it that came on yesterday's FDC truck already sold, but someone ordered 5 packages for pickup? Too fucking bad. Bread vendor hasn't shown up yet that day so you're supply of Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl 57 Grain But No Wheat Specialty Bread that is so fucking hyper specfic you at max only have 3 loaves in the store at any given time is completely diminished? HaHaHa! Too motherfucking bad. You're going to have to eat that INF.

This is driving my store's market TL crazy. We've taken to ordering things with absolutely no intention of putting them on the floor. We put them in the ambient room just in case someone orders them for pickup. Most of it gets tossed though. Such a waste.

Yep. I have seen several new (and old) tms walk into an aisle, and look around all *confused.* Several times the wrong item is picked up, scanned, and put back. Then the correct item is chosen.

And the product is where it's supposed to be. It's not a zoning issue, in my area.

I had a regular tm ask me 2x for help finding a product that was in the correct location... on the shelf. But I appreciate that he asked before hitting INF.
I just call this "hey can i borrow your eyes i might just not be seeing this item" Sometimes it's on a unlocated endcap or staged in our stockroom.

Back