Yup.
I think the timing and situation were not good, but hindsight is 50/50. I'm at peace with it. I learned a lot, good and bad. Ultimately, I realized that I don't want to move up anymore. I couldn't sit in an office all day while my team needed help. And that's ok. I'll find a place where my style is appreciated and I will thrive. But I shouldn't be driving to work full of dread and on the verge of tears. I have a lot going on at home (I called out for the rest of this week because my daughter is having a huge mental health crisis) and I feel like Target is taking up too much headspace all the time and it's not healthy for me or my family.
Sorry to here that, spot losing another good one ☹

I'm sorry about your daughter. You probably qualify for FMLA if you are considered her caregiver.
Thank you. She's been dealing with depression for almost 6 years now. On top of that she is Autistic. She hasn't had a bad episode like this for a few years, but the pandemic, the disappointment if her senior year and online college along with some personal issues got the best of her. She will get through it, she's stronger than she knows and has a family who loves and supports her.

Thank you. She's been dealing with depression for almost 6 years now. On top of that she is Autistic. She hasn't had a bad episode like this for a few years, but the pandemic, the disappointment if her senior year and online college along with some personal issues got the best of her. She will get through it, she's stronger than she knows and has a family who loves and supports her.
We are always here to support you too.
@vngoghlvr

Last edited:
Yup.
I think the timing and situation were not good, but hindsight is 50/50. I'm at peace with it. I learned a lot, good and bad. Ultimately, I realized that I don't want to move up anymore. I couldn't sit in an office all day while my team needed help. And that's ok. I'll find a place where my style is appreciated and I will thrive. But I shouldn't be driving to work full of dread and on the verge of tears. I have a lot going on at home (I called out for the rest of this week because my daughter is having a huge mental health crisis) and I feel like Target is taking up too much headspace all the time and it's not healthy for me or my family.
Proof that you are not just a good parent, but also someone Spot will miss out on.

Too bad for them. I hope you can find something better out there for you.

"so how would INFs work with that"? pressing INF should leave the items for the end of the batch which is what a lot of us already do, instead of just INFing on the spot. Then at the end it could prompt to confirm all INFs. Make it accessible through the task list but remove it from showing up as the next item until the rest of the items have been picked.

Another thing which could help INFs would be a simple symbol in the corner of the screen with a little truck icon that indicates it was delivered 0 days ago. I've wasted so much time looking for things on the floor in unzoned areas only to then see it was delivered 0 days ago.

A note about packing: a simple icon indicating a gift receipt in the item scanning screen could save a lot of time. I can't be the only one that prints the label AFTER closing the package since only like 2% of packages even have gift receipts, which makes me have to open and retape the box.

I definitely agree on the date delivered thing. Sometimes, especially if I'm mid or closing, I tend to forget a truck came that day if they're mostly done pushing it, so I don't even think of checking to see if there's still stuff on the line like a stray repack. It would save us time looking in myWork, and of course, for newbies who may not have been trained to look.

As for gift receipts, I agree. At least you're not putting them face-out on the box, though 😂 I didn't throw away our SIOC pouches when we got the new Zebra printers, so until we run out of them, if we close it before we print, we just put the gift receipts in the pouches on the outside of the boxes.

Hi guys, I just want to thank you all for your support. She's doing better, but she thrives on routine and just doesn't have one right now. I'm considering a LOA to help get her on track. I have enough vacation, well being, sick, and emergency time off to cover a month. I think it would be good for both of us to be honest. I feel like if I can consistently get her on a sleep, exercise, laundry, clean her room, and other good habits schedule that it would be a game changer for her. I can also teach her how to cook some more dinners so she can be in charge of that a few days a week.

I'm going to talk to my ETL and HR about it on Monday.

Hi guys, I just want to thank you all for your support. She's doing better, but she thrives on routine and just doesn't have one right now. I'm considering a LOA to help get her on track. I have enough vacation, well being, sick, and emergency time off to cover a month. I think it would be good for both of us to be honest. I feel like if I can consistently get her on a sleep, exercise, laundry, clean her room, and other good habits schedule that it would be a game changer for her. I can also teach her how to cook some more dinners so she can be in charge of that a few days a week.

I'm going to talk to my ETL and HR about it on Monday.
Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. Taking an LOA sounds like a great idea for both of you. Good luck!😁

Found out today that in a couple weeks, we will be picking alcohol for OPUs. Any other stores doing this now? Does the picker need to be 21? If drive ups are allowed, does the runner need to be 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just kill me now.

Yeah, I have no idea what to do when the item isn't there because exiting the batch/ePick and auditing the location doesn't work, as the backroom location will still appear in our batch. Now that it'll also give us the floor location, I will skip the backroom location and hope it's on the floor. But if it's not and the backroom location still pops up, I'm not going to lie and make somebody cancel in Pack and Ship or Pickup.

Hmm, now I'm wondering what would happen if I reset the cart after auditing the waco, maybe that would make it disappear. Might have to try that the next time it happens 🤔
Resetting a cart and auditing a waco will make it disappear in the next batch, but will unfortunately make you redo the cart again. Obviously lol, it sucks

Found out today that in a couple weeks, we will be picking alcohol for OPUs. Any other stores doing this now? Does the picker need to be 21? If drive ups are allowed, does the runner need to be 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just kill me now.
My store has been doing this for a while. Nothing said about the picker or runner needing to be of age, I don't think it matters at my store.

Picker and runner need to be at least 18, but it may vary by local law. In my store if it comes up in a batch the minor must immediately exit and hand off the batch to somebody of age.

I started the process of 45 day FMLA today, for my state it would be paid if approved. My store has been very supportive. I'm looking forward to spending time with my daughter and helping her get on track.

Only if we could hide it. Higher anxiety does NOT equal higher productivity for me and many others.
What's the difference between that and the timer that is in OPU? OPU should scare you worse since that time is yelled at OPU/SFS team members daily. SFS would give you an idea of how much time you can effectively look for a missing item without affecting your time in a way which you might not recover from.

Picker and runner need to be at least 18, but it may vary by local law. In my store if it comes up in a batch the minor must immediately exit and hand off the batch to somebody of age.

I started the process of 45 day FMLA today, for my state it would be paid if approved. My store has been very supportive. I'm looking forward to spending time with my daughter and helping her get on track.
Congrats!

Best wishes!

What state(s)? Cause here in Texas we have a bunch of stupid alcohol laws from 300 years ago and we only sell wine and beer "cuz muh religion".

We also can't sell alcohol from midnight to noon on Sunday, hence the religion jab
Yep, they were known as the 'Baptist Blue Laws'.
I remember in the '80s when they repealed the law that forbade businesses opening on Sunday.
Prior to that grocery/drug stores were open but only allowed the sale of essentials - food or medicines. Non-essential aisles were roped off.

Back