Our only SFS printer has been acting up the past couple of weeks so they shut us off and were supposed to send a new one over the weekend and they haven't yet. We might've just lucked out and we'll skip the stress test, rip all of the other stores near us though...

Good luck to everyone who has a stress test today!

We aren't prepared and half our team has the day off. So. Yeah. Fun day ahead.

Hope everyone's test goes better than ours will, at least. May the odds ever be in your favor and all that jazz.
How much you guys getting for stress test and how many pack stations?

How much you guys getting for stress test and how many pack stations?
Forecast was 2600. 3 pack stations. We managed about 1400 by the time I left. The entire store was being thrown into it by the end which...kind of defeats the purpose of the test. But. Well. Above my pay grade I guess, I'm just the pacesetter.

I do know that for the first time in years we won't be a power store during the holidays, since we went from top of the district to dead last in metrics in the last 6 months...which is probably why we're trying so hard to ace the test.

Forecast was 2600. 3 pack stations. We managed about 1400 by the time I left. The entire store was being thrown into it by the end which...kind of defeats the purpose of the test. But. Well. Above my pay grade I guess, I'm just the pacesetter.

I do know that for the first time in years we won't be a power store during the holidays, since we went from top of the district to dead last in metrics in the last 6 months...which is probably why we're trying so hard to ace the test.
Oh ok was wondering what to expect this year. Weve been a power store doing 3k a day with 3 pack stations. Hoping our stress test isnt much more then that. Im sure it sucks for your team that cares and your leadership but being a power store has been more stressful than ever.

We had over 7k and got about half done before I left. INF wasn't bad though. They scheduled a ton of fulfillment but had call-offs so those of us on the sales floor picked all.day.long. I always get a lot of steps when I help out there but yesterday I had 23k lol

My SD was just talking to me and the other TL about keeping OPU and Standard separate and not move TMs to help in OPU. Whoever is scheduled to do OPU should be able to handle it. I was laughing on the inside because she just doesn't understand.
We had a similar argument for my store. We have been getting 1000 units over forecast in ship and have supplemented it by having all tls and some tms pick a couple carts of ship atleast. Now our dsd wants only sfs tms to pick ship and that we should only back up opu. Needless to say we are doing what works because after not even half a day we realized it is impossible.
That plan worked when we had 3 hour goal times, now you have to have so much flexibility to get it done.

My SD was just talking to me and the other TL about keeping OPU and Standard separate and not move TMs to help in OPU. Whoever is scheduled to do OPU should be able to handle it. I was laughing on the inside because she just doesn't understand.

Ours does this on really heavy days for SFS. It's mostly fulfillment doing the OPU since they're faster and better at it (the regular TM's anyway) and then the sales floor and seasonal people handle most of the SFS. Regular fulfillment bounces back if OPU slows down but lately it doesn't seem to be slowing. That's why our backroom looks like shit. Nothing is getting pushed and the TL's & ETL's are trying to do transitions. Dear Corporate, the "let's do everything all at once haha" movement isn't working so well.

Stress Test and tm's that have never been scheduled for flex (but know how and help with backup when needed) were scheduled. Others were commandeered toward end of shift. We finished with two minutes to spare. The true test would have been schedule as usual and see if you can make it. THEN make adjustments. I'll never figure out why leaders try so hard to mask problems that can be fixed if only they were acknowledged.

we came into 2,010 at 4am. This was at 1:21pm and I left at 2:30p with over 1,300 left to be completed. I really don’t think we made it, hopefully.
View attachment 13009
2132 to pick with 3h8m remaining... "add 2 TMs" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 (I did see the 20)

As a Fulfillment TL, I never listen to myDay's suggestions. Especially the "remove 1 TM" from shipping notices. For as unpredictable as OPUs are in my store, I'm taking every chance at Standards that I can get. Because God Almighty, we cannot have carryover under any circumstances.

See, this USED to work when the goal times were at 3 hours. 90 minutes? Not a chance, especially with that deceiving not-busy-enough-delay-batch-drop-by-30-minutes junk.

-- -- --

My team did quite well for our stress test. We finished at 97.06% for picked on time and we met our 4:30pm deadline by about 15 minutes on a 1200 forecast with one pack station. INF was our only opportunity, about 13% for SFS, and approx 7% for OPU. Even though INF was bad, only one store had a green SFS INF in my entire district and five stores missed the 4:30pm goal - 3 of which were over 100 units.

Even though my team did pretty well yesterday, I'm quite pessimistic about this Holiday season. Corporate and this "sPeEd To PrOfIcIeNCy" mindset are going to kill this department so hard this year. They already used that "training" as an excuse to give fewer hours. It only works if your store has perfect operations in all aspects. Hell, half of my seasonals haven't learned packing yet because we're either so busy with OPUs or time is critical for packing. You cannot put a trainee on packing in a 1 station store when time is essential - which is like 5 days out of the week for us.

Last edited:
Looking at just the metrics, our stress test went ok... 3700 by 4:30 on a 7000 forecast, under 8% INF, and meanwhile no missed goals in OPU. Leadership wise, we're screwed. I could probably go into more detail without giving myself away considering the number of shitty stores, but I'll refrain for now.

In other news, ever since they added fulfillment workload to myDay, the store close pick units haven't been clearing down to 0, no matter how much we pick. I keep getting told to pick another cart because leadership thinks there's still more in there and it's like no, I've already picked over 300 units when it wanted 200. I'm not doing anymore. PLEASE FIX THIS

I’ll say it, they need to bring back fulfillment teams. DBO’s and GM team members constantly picking is depleting sales floor and back up resources. DBO’s can’t get push or other tasks done if they constantly are picking.

I’ll say it, they need to bring back fulfillment teams. DBO’s and GM team members constantly picking is depleting sales floor and back up resources. DBO’s can’t get push or other tasks done if they constantly are picking.
Are you part of that pilot we heard rumors of a while back? I'm not aware of any stores in my district that have salesfloor TMs doing fulfillment as part of their daily routine

Stress Test and tm's that have never been scheduled for flex (but know how and help with backup when needed) were scheduled. Others were commandeered toward end of shift. We finished with two minutes to spare. The true test would have been schedule as usual and see if you can make it. THEN make adjustments. I'll never figure out why leaders try so hard to mask problems that can be fixed if only they were acknowledged.
Targets leaders are cowards

Targets leaders are cowards
My leads this year were even like "the test is to see how well the whole store does." Gotta say, if that's the case, hope we get the entire salesfloor and all the leads to help with our workload every day during the holidays since corporate now thinks we can handle about 2-3x what we really could've managed without a bailout...

I, too, could go into an entire rant about my current leadership but won't. It's exhausting.

My leads this year were even like "the test is to see how well the whole store does." Gotta say, if that's the case, hope we get the entire salesfloor and all the leads to help with our workload every day during the holidays since corporate now thinks we can handle about 2-3x what we really could've managed without a bailout...

I, too, could go into an entire rant about my current leadership but won't. It's exhausting.
💯

That is the target way, make it work no matter how badly it really doesn't.

Back