That's the point. You need to be sure you have actually filled the order before putting it to hold.
Those extra touch prompts just get in the way. Pack and ship works just fine having everything strictly scan based. Having me clear the print prompt or type in a quantity isn't doing anything extra to ensure I've properly filled the order

Those extra touch prompts just get in the way. Pack and ship works just fine having everything strictly scan based. Having me clear the print prompt or type in a quantity isn't doing anything extra to ensure I've properly filled the order
So instead of entering a quantity (reading the screen instead of listening to beeps, which is what many do) do you suggest that multiple items are scanned individually? I also dislike the OK, but figure it's a safety feature for those in a hurry.

Is there anything Target is doing to reduce the amount of plastic bags being used for OPU? I can't believe the amount of bags used for some people's orders. I'm pretty sure it's due to the way the orders are batched but tbh it's ridiculous. I also am in an area that charges for bags and due to time constraints and busy-ness of certain times of day (4-6 pm specifically) it is not always feasible to consolidate bags.
Target should switch to paper company-wide and not just in states (like mine) that require it. No more plastic bags in my store and it's great. They could make a big deal about it and get some good publicity.

Paper is a pain in the ass to deal with carrying around but it is ridiculous how much plastic we use on a daily bases

Hopefully the pilot stores are complaining often and loudly before this gets rolled out to everyone. I've seen some people suggest that it's not to help fulfillment, but those pulled to help... that's fine and dandy, but we're the ones that have to deal with it every day, and if its causing this many issues, then you're going to have to pull for support more, so are you really getting out ahead?
Lol they never listen to the pilot stores

Target should switch to paper company-wide and not just in states (like mine) that require it. No more plastic bags in my store and it's great. They could make a big deal about it and get some good publicity.
The plastic is recyclable and 40% recycled materials. Target uses recycled plastics in many of the brand owned products sold. Plastic may actually be more environmentally friendly: Environmental Impact of Plastic vs. Paper, Perfect Packaging - https://perfectpackaging.org/environmental-impact-of-plastic-vs-paper/

Anybody have a solution for Zebra printers where the label gets “stuck” on the first go round and you have to hit reprint in order to print an OPU label? We have multiple printers doing this and I’ve definitely left a label off a bulky item because I was moving too fast and scanned into hold before applying the label (sorry GS team)…

Anybody have a solution for Zebra printers where the label gets “stuck” on the first go round and you have to hit reprint in order to print an OPU label? We have multiple printers doing this and I’ve definitely left a label off a bulky item because I was moving too fast and scanned into hold before applying the label (sorry GS team)…
Make sure the printer is set to ZPL* (star is important). if it is, reboot it, and put a new roll of labels in it. If that doesn't fix, let your PML know

Depending if you have the black zebra printer (newer) or the older grey ones, if you go to menu and look at calibration there should be 2 options for when the label ends (bar and space I think) and it should be set to bar, and also click on calibrate label since its supposed to do it whenever the head is opened but do it manually as well. Also if you have the label separator popped up you might need to push it back in as some of ours get stuck occasionally. Also make sure to clean the print head and check that there is no debris along where the label runs

My store is gonna be testing a very interesting new Fulfillment Pilot in a few weeks. Here's what I know...

• A bunch of the FF team plus one of the FFTLs will be doing only Grocery OPU, which will include Fresh and Dry Grocery
  • Service & Engagement will be doing the Put to Hold process
  • The Grocery Fulfillment Operations TL and Fulfillment Experts will still report to the ETL-Fulfillment (ETL-GM for you stores without an ETL-FF)
  • Starts for us in the first week of April
We are a very Ultra High Volume SuperTarget with 2 FF TLs, an ETL-FF, and we don't have Ship from Store. We're also one of the top OPU stores in the country. On an average weekend, we have 30+ TMs scheduled for Fulfillment. Again, NO SFS.

Last edited:
My store is gonna be testing a very interesting new Fulfillment Pilot in a few weeks. Here's what I know...

• A bunch of the FF team plus one of the FFTLs will be doing only Grocery OPU, which will include Fresh and Dry Grocery
  • Service & Engagement will be doing the Put to Hold process
  • The Grocery Fulfillment Operations TL and Fulfillment Experts will still report to the ETL-Fulfillment (ETL-GM for you stores without an ETL-FF)
  • Starts for us in the first week of April
We are a very Ultra High Volume SuperTarget with 2 FF TLs, an ETL-FF, and we don't have Ship from Store. We're also one of the top OPU stores in the country. On an average weekend, we have 30+ TMs scheduled for Fulfillment. Again, NO SFS.
Good luck seems to be a very niche thing for stores like yours, hopefully it improves whatever they are looking for

Has anyone that has switched over to the sortation centers actually been receiving pallets back on their trucks, specifically the Dallas one? Our ETL sent an email but they haven't heard anything back yet and we burn through pallets without them

Anyone know anything on what happened to Ship to Store, aka STS? It got turned off as normal last Q4, but it still hasn't been re-enabled yet. I miss my daily escape from Drive-Up to go process those.

I don't think they're getting rid of it, as the STS app has gotten some updates in 2022. Maybe they're gonna move it to myDay before it comes back? Maybe they're getting rid of it? Maybe they just forgot to turn it back on? Who knows anyways.

Anyone know anything on what happened to Ship to Store, aka STS? It got turned off as normal last Q4, but it still hasn't been re-enabled yet. I miss my daily escape from Drive-Up to go process those.

I don't think they're getting rid of it, as the STS app has gotten some updates in 2022. Maybe they're gonna move it to myDay before it comes back? Maybe they're getting rid of it? Maybe they just forgot to turn it back on? Who knows anyways.
I started getting STS this week.

I wish they'd make some QoL improvements to the fulfillment process rather than unnecessary changes, or blanket changes that don't work for every type of store.

Freight shouldn't be available for fulfillment until a few hours after it has been received. The time should be different depending on a lot of things. PP1 can drop in sooner than PP2, but product that's in high demand shouldn't drop in for 12-24 hours. This would benefit the communities that stores serve with no downside after the initial dead zone. It's insane to me that, during the height of COVID, disinfectant would be delivered from a DC in PA to a store in NY and immediately get picked and sent out to someone in CA while the guests that actually shop at that store see nothing but empty shelves. It would have sold either way, so why not prioritize local communities and save on shipping costs? It's even stranger that this wasn't done with the move to Modernization and product being pushed later in the day. If it's not on the floor or located in the backroom, it's obviously going to be more difficult to find.

INFs shouldn't be counted until the batch is finished, with a prompt at the end to confirm. It doesn't happen often, but I know a lot of people have seen something they needed only after they INF'd it.

Product that drops into RTS batches shouldn't be added back to the OH count until after the batch it's in is worked. This would improve accuracy immensely, as it's impractical to work RTS batches hourly to avoid potential INFs or inaccurate audits. Things that are flagged as potential walks are already something AP looks at, and it actually impacting OHs will make it more of a focus -- along with making sure RTS batches are worked each day.

Last edited:
Whoever decided to allow Stoney clover lane to be a part of fulfillment on launch day hell has a special place reserved for you.
Our store is such a mess they hadn't even unearthed the majority of the brand from our mountain of unpushed merch before launch. The inf at my store was sky high yesterday because the Style TL was just like "if it's not on the floor we don't have it"...
So, yeah, agree. Whoever did a product launch with our understaffed asses and decided fulfillment should be part of the party needs a flipping reality check.

Product that drops into RTS batches shouldn't be added back to the OH count until after the batch it's in is worked
The number of times I've infed something only to find it in RTS...or had a guest cancel and order and reorder it so I could've just grabbed everything from opu instead of running around the store again...
Target needs an actual, intelligent, human making their policies. Someone who actually understands order fulfillment and can write rules accordingly.

Corporate is sending bad labels causing the printers to not print right. The labels are different from the old ones. The new labels are the ones causing the problems and are not zebra labels. To confirm you have the bad labels look inside the cardboard part you won’t see the zebra label. The material that is printed on is also different which is causing the jam. I don’t know how different they are but you are now able to write on the labels which is how I know they are different. If you find some of the old zebra labels with the zebra logo inside the cardboard part you will realize you can’t write on them but they print 99% of the time without any problems.

Back