Red in metrics all across everyday for the past two weeks every since the new put to hold process. Love to see it
Us too. With the old way, I can't count how many times I finished a batch with less than 30 seconds to spare. The 10 seconds it takes to switch to a different app makes a difference. Having bags sitting in my cart when they could already be in a hold location makes a difference. Having separate departments picking and putting to hold doesn't make it faster; it actually slows it down because whoever is picking likely knows exactly where they put things in the cart, while someone else will have to dig through the cart to find that tiny pack of batteries or the bottle of nail polish (even using subcarts). We use SFS carts; the idea of trying to separate things in a 3-tier so they can be bagged quickly sounds like even more of a nightmare.

Is there any benefit to pausing OPU carts? Does it improve your metrics? We have a couple of TMs who are constantly pausing their carts, even when they're just walking from one location to another, and I can't figure out why.

Is there any benefit to pausing OPU carts? Does it improve your metrics? We have a couple of TMs who are constantly pausing their carts, even when they're just walking from one location to another, and I can't figure out why.

There is no benefit. However, there is old misinfo floating around that stops the timer and makes your productivity better. It's trying to cheat metrics, but failing at doing so. Look into what else those TMs might be doing to try to cheat.

View attachment 13740
I hate this new pick pathing with a passion. I got this one yesterday and it's the worst I've had. Combined with how it will take you across womens style departments 18 times they need to revert it.
Other than the usual issues I have with style where it routes me through one area one time as 'generic department' and then again as aisle tied for folded items, I haven't had too many issues in the past. Today though I got a completely crap cart. Had to skip around the entire time to make it reasonable. We are not part of the first pilot for the new pathing algorithm afaik.

On another topic, with the new OPU system, considering that UPH is now calculated as only pick time, does anyone know what corporate's new standard is? Obviously 45 is too slow but I wasn't able to find anything up to date on workbench.

Attachments

• IMG_7641.jpg
    IMG_7641.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
We're not part of the pathing pilot and it had us in the backroom sometimes last, sometimes in the middle. Sometimes throughout the pick. It was a nightmare. Every time I scanned into a cart I checked it first because I would be going from market to beauty (across the store from each other) then back to toys, then style then back room, then grocery. It's a mess.

There is no benefit. However, there is old misinfo floating around that stops the timer and makes your productivity better. It's trying to cheat metrics, but failing at doing so. Look into what else those TMs might be doing to try to cheat.
Our tl said that while it doesn't stop the "total time" timer for finish time, it stops the timer on the tm so they are not penalized for having to spend finding items that may be in the steels during unload or in one repack box of the 18 the department has, etc.

Your TL is wrong.
Well, they're new to tl-ing (been in fulfillment for a good while) and just spent 2 weeks training at another store and probably misunderstood how that works. While I'll keep that in mind, I think I will avoid bringing that up while they're establishing their leadership, though. That might be bad form and since I am not the lead (no desire... been there/done that), not be a good move for me

In my store they opened up flex in a whole new area in the backroom and even hired a new team to go along with it. Pretty soon they're going to have it running 24/7. We even did a few orders on Thanksgiving. My ETL said it's only a couple of stores that are expanding it where we pick from the backroom/floor and also pack up the boxes and load them for UPS. I'm originally from softlines and I'm loving being in flex. Such a great change from being just on the floor and dealing with guests all day. I'm also getting to know the store better since I never got to go into hardlines that much.

Has anyone else gotten flex in their store?
Are you getting a SC in your back room?!

You must be an executive lead if you are working 15 hour per day. Sorry to heart that.

I have been training some of our seasonal TMs and my experience has been the same. Each seasonal seems to be worth about 25% of a normal TM at best. When I look at MPM and greenfield numbers, that's their productivity and output, never mind the errors that metrics do not show (wrong shipping labels on packages, bagged OPUs incorrectly, disorganized SFS carts, put cooler & freezer items into dry storage, fake picks, destroying the backroom). I've tried helping them correct their mistakes but they continue to repeat them. They're getting paid same for doing a lot less.

Bigger problem is their attitude. Late, constantly calling out especially claiming that they think they have Covid, long breaks, refusing to respond to radio, ghosting away, leaving early without telling anyone. Even worse, I don't see any improvements over time. Target's hiring process needs to be better and stop hiring these adult-children.

This will be last holiday season with Target now that I have couple job offers once I finish my degree next year.
Say less. I’m about to be a Talent Sourcer or apart of the HR-BP team. 😒

Last edited:
View attachment 13684
Have any other stores been using this? Like do we have 2 new sort times or are the 4 and 9 ones switched to the other 2 times that are listed in the store list
HQ is popping out new positions to take care of these roles literally as we speak. Get off and check workday. The SC is BEAUTIFUL 🤩 Some of these CIS salaries look 🥵. I could use a 234k salary.

Last edited:
Does target still do ship to store? I haven’t seen anything come in at my store since last fall. Curious if it’s just turned off at my store or if target stopped doing it.

Does target still do ship to store? I haven’t seen anything come in at my store since last fall. Curious if it’s just turned off at my store or if target stopped doing it.
They turned it off for the holidays, then turned it back on for a few weeks then killed it entirely

All recent changes have been nothing but a pain in the ass of double work.

how about style gets filtered into style batches? That way we can plan better for when 99% of a ship batch is intimate wear that only the style team will know how to find and not waste the other work centers time…

And like most stores. We red again. Yay.

Back