With our surge in seasonal hires, while they may struggle in OPU because of the timers, we often try to use that as an encouragement to move faster... in ship we've had instances of taking 1-2 hours on a single cart. How complicated would it be to have a timer counting UP for a ship cart at the top, showing time spent in the batch? It would be easier for leaders to tell if someone is struggling to finish a cart, and might show the new TM when a good time to call for help is.
Or better yet have dedicated people for the backstock areas and dedicated people for the floor. Have them meet up somewhere to merge orders to go up and get bagged

With our surge in seasonal hires, while they may struggle in OPU because of the timers, we often try to use that as an encouragement to move faster... in ship we've had instances of taking 1-2 hours on a single cart. How complicated would it be to have a timer counting UP for a ship cart at the top, showing time spent in the batch? It would be easier for leaders to tell if someone is struggling to finish a cart, and might show the new TM when a good time to call for help is.
I'm stressed out enough as it is...

Finding items in the floor for the most part isn’t bad, it’s the part where it’s unlocated in the back room that is beyond horrible. If I had to take a guess only 35% is located.

I have tried searching this whole thread, and I have not seen it, so I am going to ask. Does anyone know the part number for the clear label holders that go on the ship carts? I am trying desperately to get all of the ship carts at my store fixed and set up properly, but I cannot find these things anywhere. We have like 30 carts and half of them have broken or missing parts. I just want my team to have proper functioning equipment.

Finding items in the floor for the most part isn’t bad, it’s the part where it’s unlocated in the back room that is beyond horrible. If I had to take a guess only 35% is located.
Or waiting for someone to finish a task to move the aisle. Those slow it down a bit. If one’s broken hopefully it’s at the end or your screwed

I have tried searching this whole thread, and I have not seen it, so I am going to ask. Does anyone know the part number for the clear label holders that go on the ship carts? I am trying desperately to get all of the ship carts at my store fixed and set up properly, but I cannot find these things anywhere. We have like 30 carts and half of them have broken or missing parts. I just want my team to have proper functioning equipment.
We used flex labels stick them to the carts.

Target coming out of Christmas and into the new year be like

Burning Fox News GIF by GIPHY News

Anyone else have issues with pathing/virtual salesfloor today? It was way funkier than usual, skipping me around the store several times a batch, the store map tab didn't always show up, and when it did, it would only show a couple locations (usually the first and last items). Both OPU and ship.

No posts in 4 months, and the last one was me 👀👀

Anyways...
Looks like OPU batches are increasing to up to 46 eaches to increase efficiency on 6/4. I guess this is their way of giving us our double batches back, except for when they get low and you've got less than 30 mins to pick the thing.

WHY isn't the DPCI included on the screen that confirms how many you pick? This would really help when zone sucks or location sales tracked items (exact products have different bar codes depending upon where they are located in order to track where items sell best) are flexed or put by error into a home spot (towers taken down, side/end caps)

WHY isn't the DPCI included on the screen that confirms how many you pick? This would really help when zone sucks or location sales tracked items (exact products have different bar codes depending upon where they are located in order to track where items sell best) are flexed or put by error into a home spot (towers taken down, side/end caps)
I just avoid scanning until I have however many I'm going to scan in. Buuuttttt, if you need, hit the back arrow in the top left corner, and it'll go back to the pick screen like you didn't scan it.

So I’ve been back from OD recently and I have to ask, when will Target axe the stupid prepping of OPU carts before stowing the bags?! Why am I touching this stuff THREE times before I’m done with it? It’s so stupid.
What is your idea for this? Like, it would be inefficient if we walked each bag directly into a hold space instead of putting it back in the cart to mass-stow later.

How soon are you guys calling backup now? I've been calling them as early as 65 minutes out if I see a bunch of 30+ DPCI batches stacked up, if it looks my team can't make the next set of turnarounds without going deep into red. Trying to avoid those all-hands-on-deck shitshows at all costs lol.

How are your teams holding up? I still might lose a few because of the combo of harder work and fewer hours.

I also feel like the pathing is generally better now, with occasional weird backtracking hiccups. It's adapting to "next location" (adding it to your batch in a logical path) better than it was a month ago I think.

Back