It’s never done that before, at least to my knowledge. OH we’re already deducted when the orders were received at the store. Which is why I saw many negative OHs for some items.
I haven’t heard anything about an actual change here. As soon as the order is placed it should move to Reserve Unit in ITA which will deduct from the OHs. An increment to the OHs will happen with an INF. I know OHs only update every 15 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 47
I haven’t heard anything about an actual change here. As soon as the order is placed it should move to Reserve Unit in ITA which will deduct from the OHs. An increment to the OHs will happen with an INF. I know OHs only update every 15 minutes.
I haven’t either, but ePick was showing for example, 3 OH and clicking the DPCI to to go to myDay it would show 4 on the floor 4 OH, then once I scan the item and scan the sub-cart and scanned the item in myDay again, it had decreased real time to the 3 OH.

They want me to focus on pick speed and INF.

Yeah, that's mostly what we do lol. Super helpful strategy. Realistically the store is in bad enough shape that all I can do is convince my team that their efforts represent Fulfillment doing our part to fix things, by communicating INFs so I can address them as time permits, and also I'm asking them to move their feet a bit more. There is no time for me personally to step all the way back to fix stuff (for instance doing more audits and partnering with struggling TL peers), because we keep getting extra ship units or are dealing with attendance problems because one call-off destroys the day. The extra units, well we have to eat those, nothing can be done about this. The attendance I have to balance between being a decent person who wants his team to be okay with their jobs, versus cracking down for business needs.

And it's technically not fourth quarter yet! I wonder how stores are keeping their acts together right now. We have gone from a solid store doing well in the district to potentially being one of the problem children. Our nearest comparable store is wiping the floor with us it seems.

Yeah, that's mostly what we do lol. Super helpful strategy. Realistically the store is in bad enough shape that all I can do is convince my team that their efforts represent Fulfillment doing our part to fix things, by communicating INFs so I can address them as time permits, and also I'm asking them to move their feet a bit more. There is no time for me personally to step all the way back to fix stuff (for instance doing more audits and partnering with struggling TL peers), because we keep getting extra ship units or are dealing with attendance problems because one call-off destroys the day. The extra units, well we have to eat those, nothing can be done about this. The attendance I have to balance between being a decent person who wants his team to be okay with their jobs, versus cracking down for business needs.

And it's technically not fourth quarter yet! I wonder how stores are keeping their acts together right now. We have gone from a solid store doing well in the district to potentially being one of the problem children. Our nearest comparable store is wiping the floor with us it seems.
My store is definitely a problem child lmao

My store is definitely a problem child lmao
INF would drop if they actually scheduled enough TMs to push the freight sitting in the back room for days.

"Dealing with attendance problems because one call-off destroys the day" because you don't schedule enough people Target Corporate.

Also the other day my HR-ETL was complaining that new hires don't want to open up their availability.

No one falls for the open availability means more hours BS anymore.

Cracking down for business needs is a fine line to walk. Our long time Fulfillment TMs are excellent. Yet they get discouraged and disgruntled by the ineffective freight management. The new people see the nightmare in the back and are scared of opening boxes to search for anything because every box looks the same!! They don't know how to read labels, don't know where things are, don't know what words mean, etc. Cracking down on either of these two groups doesn't help. The latter just stop showing up for work and the former get pissed off and might even drag their feet some times.

Rocking a sold 9% OPU inf every day now. SFS somehow still super green.

Freight is destroying us, and corporate knows. Not sure why they're intentionally tanking sales. First they killed guest service and now they're okay with massive bottlenecks of merch...this is getting dumber by the day.

A lot of my infs are in pallets in the steel.

Cracking down for business needs is a fine line to walk. Our long time Fulfillment TMs are excellent. Yet they get discouraged and disgruntled by the ineffective freight management. The new people see the nightmare in the back and are scared of opening boxes to search for anything because every box looks the same!! They don't know how to read labels, don't know where things are, don't know what words mean, etc. Cracking down on either of these two groups doesn't help. The latter just stop showing up for work and the former get pissed off and might even drag their feet some times.
Great post to consider for the influx of seasonal kids, thanks

Rocking a sold 9% OPU inf every day now. SFS somehow still super green.

Freight is destroying us, and corporate knows. Not sure why they're intentionally tanking sales. First they killed guest service and now they're okay with massive bottlenecks of merch...this is getting dumber by the day.

A lot of my infs are in pallets in the steel.
A Christmas item I ordered was INF'd despite the Zebra claiming we have 6 in the store - guarantee it's in the steel, along with a couple of other Christmas items I want that have quantities on hand.

I think our store doesn't locate freight sometimes to keep it out of the priority pulls.

However if it is "on hand" it can still be ordered by the guest.
My store has been doing this a LOT and also straight up not acknowledging the RDC truck which is super annoying for any type of pull. Anything to get INF down I guess *eyeroll*

Explains my store to a T.

Explains my store to a T.
It's hard but I have to build my team to hold each other accountable. They want to do well for their teammates. Veteran tms need to step up amd teach the newer tms. Only way it makes there job easier. Obviously this is much easier said then done. Leaders themselves also need to be working hard. If your leaders aren't working hard then tms won't either. Worse decision spot made was to push leaders to do less and "lead" more.

Our fulfillment team has been taking a beating recently & I found one of their hardest working TMs crying by their locker. They've lost quite few TMs & are finding hard to keep any :(

Target sets unattainable goals. {yes, I know some stores are fine, but many are not}

Sets stores up for failure.

No team member should be crying at work about work.

This [among other reasons] is why I say - "Target doesn't give a shit about it's employees."

It's hard but I have to build my team to hold each other accountable. They want to do well for their teammates. Veteran tms need to step up amd teach the newer tms. Only way it makes there job easier. Obviously this is much easier said then done. Leaders themselves also need to be working hard. If your leaders aren't working hard then tms won't either. Worse decision spot made was to push leaders to do less and "lead" more.
My ex-TL (thank god not anymore) couldn't lead her way out of a Target bag. She spends all her time explaining over the walkie why she "can't" and could somebody undefined do it "for me", or she's on break or she's taking lunch. Why do they keep her? Cuz she's been there since the store opened two-plus decades ago.

How do you guys handle the bagger/stower for OPU? Store support leadership is pushing us to do it. We’ve always tried it but it never works, so if your store does it, how?

How do you guys handle the bagger/stower for OPU? Store support leadership is pushing us to do it. We’ve always tried it but it never works, so if your store does it, how?
You have to be high enough volume so that they're not ever just standing around. It's only the GM stuff... groceries are still stowed by their picker. If they do run out of stuff, refilling bags, cleaning up, etc. can be a good option, or grabbing a grocery of their own so they're back in ~20 mins. They need to be able to move quickly (under 10 mins per cart) while unattended... can't be goofing off / talking with the drive up team. The pickers need to keep their carts organized; they can't be throwing stuff wherever because they're not the ones sifting through the mess when they get up front.

You have to be high enough volume so that they're not ever just standing around. It's only the GM stuff... groceries are still stowed by their picker. If they do run out of stuff, refilling bags, cleaning up, etc. can be a good option, or grabbing a grocery of their own so they're back in ~20 mins. They need to be able to move quickly (under 10 mins per cart) while unattended... can't be goofing off / talking with the drive up team. The pickers need to keep their carts organized; they can't be throwing stuff wherever because they're not the ones sifting through the mess when they get up front.
We are high volume but the problem I’m coming across is multiple people coming up near each other with less than 15 minutes remaining per cart and pickers just throwing crap into the cart because they know where their stuff is, I don’t and it’s pissing me off digging through their cart.

You have to watch your cart flow into OPU hold space and play it by ear. Store Directors and ETLs are not as highly-tuned to the workflow and will pull the trigger on this too early, hurting your productivity. I have 4 OPU pack stations and they can't really be shared efficiently, so I'm basically looking for situations where I'm going to have my hold space overwhelmed. If you plan ~30 minutes ahead of time you can pull your faster baggers/stowers to keep turning those carts over and meet a few goals you might otherwise miss.

Now, this comes at a cost. You could be hurting the next 30 minutes to hour of your pick productivity, because fast baggers are fast pickers. It should be done ONLY for the reasons that your hold space will be overwhelmed causing missed goals, or you have key team members who need to get out of OPUs and back to their areas ASAP.

Your higher ups will make the wrong decisions on this stuff consistently. They are being told to do this by corporate. They don't know what they are talking about.

Also I should say there is not a correct answer because it's a dynamic environment and opportunity cost for committing resources to a task are ever-changing. As long as you're avoiding The Clusterfuck, any value gained beyond that is marginal.

Last edited:
You have to watch your cart flow into OPU hold space and play it by ear. Store Directors and ETLs are not as highly-tuned to the workflow and will pull the trigger on this too early, hurting your productivity. I have 4 OPU pack stations and they can't really be shared efficiently, so I'm basically looking for situations where I'm going to have my hold space overwhelmed. If you plan ~30 minutes ahead of time you can pull your faster baggers/stowers to keep turning those carts over and meet a few goals you might otherwise miss.

Now, this comes at a cost. You could be hurting the next 30 minutes to hour of your pick productivity, because fast baggers are fast pickers. It should be done ONLY for the reasons that your hold space will be overwhelmed causing missed goals, or you have key team members who need to get out of OPUs and back to their areas ASAP.

Your higher ups will make the wrong decisions on this stuff consistently. They are being told to do this by corporate. They don't know what they are talking about.

Also I should say there is not a correct answer because it's a dynamic environment and opportunity cost for committing resources to a task are ever-changing. As long as you're avoiding The Clusterfuck, any value gained beyond that is marginal.
Daily POT is 67%… nothing is working 🤣

Back