Any tips on how to do well in fulfillment? I’ve been at target for 5 years in the front end. I’ve been trained on put to hold but I was never officially trained in fulfillment, though I know the gist of picking OPU carts. I picked up two shifts in fulfillment this week and yesterday the front end was over staffed so I decided to pick a batch since they needed help and I could practice for my shifts. My GM batch was 45 minutes with 35 items. Overall I did fine throughout most of it but I ended up going about 10 minutes red. This was because I couldn’t find two bras and I couldn’t figure out how to get the battery in the RFID gun. And at one point my device shut off in the middle of my cart. The team lead ended up INFing the bras for me and two others I couldn’t find/didn’t have time to find. Overall 35 items, I INF’d four on my first ever OPU cart and went red by 10 minutes. I hope this doesn’t happen this week.

Any tips on how to do well in fulfillment? I’ve been at target for 5 years in the front end. I’ve been trained on put to hold but I was never officially trained in fulfillment, though I know the gist of picking OPU carts. I picked up two shifts in fulfillment this week and yesterday the front end was over staffed so I decided to pick a batch since they needed help and I could practice for my shifts. My GM batch was 45 minutes with 35 items. Overall I did fine throughout most of it but I ended up going about 10 minutes red. This was because I couldn’t find two bras and I couldn’t figure out how to get the battery in the RFID gun. And at one point my device shut off in the middle of my cart. The team lead ended up INFing the bras for me and two others I couldn’t find/didn’t have time to find. Overall 35 items, I INF’d four on my first ever OPU cart and went red by 10 minutes. I hope this doesn’t happen this week.

Does anyone know why some batches only have a few dpcis with only a couple of eaches? A couple of days ago at one point we had 6 batches to pick and it turned out 3 of those batches were only 1 dpci each.

Does anyone know why some batches only have a few dpcis with only a couple of eaches? A couple of days ago at one point we had 6 batches to pick and it turned out 3 of those batches were only 1 dpci each.
Was it large/heavy items? I think this is corps answer to us wanting to dump larger quantities into bulkies. The few I've gotten were paper towels, and various waters: several quantities of each, but only 1 DPCI per batch.

Those 3 batches that day each batch was 1 type of desk lamp x2 each time. Each of those was a gm batch instead of a bulky batch as well.

Question y'all: What is the advantage of having one of my team members dedicated to bagging/stowing?

Target wants us to do this at a certain threshold of OPU volume, I think 3500 units. From experimenting with this, I think it leaves gaps where somebody is standing around for several minutes waiting for a cart when they could be picking.

But let's say there are no gaps. What am I gaining by following this practice? If I use my labor for this, I'm taking it from picking. But if I use the drive-up team's labor during the lead time when we're busy and they're not, then yes that's a tiny little goldmine of efficiency. I'm all for that.

I just can't figure out why on earth I would do this. What am I missing?

Question y'all: What is the advantage of having one of my team members dedicated to bagging/stowing?

Target wants us to do this at a certain threshold of OPU volume, I think 3500 units. From experimenting with this, I think it leaves gaps where somebody is standing around for several minutes waiting for a cart when they could be picking.

But let's say there are no gaps. What am I gaining by following this practice? If I use my labor for this, I'm taking it from picking. But if I use the drive-up team's labor during the lead time when we're busy and they're not, then yes that's a tiny little goldmine of efficiency. I'm all for that.

I just can't figure out why on earth I would do this. What am I missing?
I personally don’t see any advantage to a “bagger”. TMs need to speed up their bagging process

If it's a SFS batch it usually means those were items INF'ed at another location.

What is your idea for this? Like, it would be inefficient if we walked each bag directly into a hold space instead of putting it back in the cart to mass-stow later.
So I’ve thought a long time on this and honestly I think a more efficient way to Put to Hold would be to bag as we pick. When you start a batch the bag label prints and you stick it on your bag (this would obviously require TMs to carry bags and a printer on your cart—which I already do) as you pick you fill up that bag and when it’s full you close that bag (maybe have an option to re-open that bag if needed) once that bag is closed a new label printed for anymore remaining items in that batch/order. Also would add Bag 1, Bag 2, etc to the labels we stick on the bags. This would be easier picking in a ship cart rather than 3-tier which I absolutely detest picking in with 0 bagging room when you bag the stupid current way. Once you pick your last item and scan it into your bag then you are taken to the PTH app where all you have to do is Stow as you’ve already bagged your items as you picked. Honestly I’d love this to be a discussion with inputs or ways it wouldn’t work or make it better.

I'd rather bag items based on how I'd want them bagged as a customer, and I can't really determine that until I have all the items in the person's order in front of me. So, no, I'd rather save bagging until I'm done picking the batch.
That’s why I thought about where you can re-open and edit/scan an item into an anlready existing bag in that guests order. I bag my items with similar items so you can still bag while picking and this wouldn’t change that.

That’s why I thought about where you can re-open and edit/scan an item into an anlready existing bag in that guests order. I bag my items with similar items so you can still bag while picking and this wouldn’t change that.
This is a cool idea! Some of my TMs would love this. Others would be upset about missing their bag & chill time at the stations lol.

This is a cool idea! Some of my TMs would love this. Others would be upset about missing their bag & chill time at the stations lol.
Will always have those that do that but my biggest gripe about the current bagging is the amount of time it takes. 1.5 hours for a batch, 99% of the time you do not get that full time either, and I’m having to wrap up at LEAST 15-20 minutes before the due time to prep and stow. IMO that 15-20 min is so wasteful. When before I could just bag and stow instead of scanning back into the cart 🙄

Will always have those that do that but my biggest gripe about the current bagging is the amount of time it takes. 1.5 hours for a batch, 99% of the time you do not get that full time either, and I’m having to wrap up at LEAST 15-20 minutes before the due time to prep and stow. IMO that 15-20 min is so wasteful. When before I could just bag and stow instead of scanning back into the cart 🙄
Imo if your not bagging and stowing in less then 10 minutes you are not keeping your cart organized enough when picking. Of course there is always exceptions but I feel like lately they are overestimating the bulkier items into much smaller batches.

Imo if your not bagging and stowing in less then 10 minutes you are not keeping your cart organized enough when picking. Of course there is always exceptions but I feel like lately they are overestimating the bulkier items into much smaller batches.
My carts are always organized to a T, depending on what kind of units I have picked I can do it much less than 15-20 min but that 15-20 min is my cut off time to start wrapping up and heading up front. Not everyone on my team can tho in that allotted time…

I think the point of the current method is accuracy, not efficiency. I can see so many tms putting things into the wrong bag on the cart.

Back