Archived Flow team being sent home after 3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked our grid today and it was 13 people: 10 at 3 hours, 2 at 4 hours, and the TL at 7 or 8 hours.

Why is your flow team so small?

That's normal. stuff does not get done. nothing is ever finished.

Why? Ask the DTL, GTL and who ever else in management. this what they want. done right or done fast. they want both but that's not happening no matter how much the yell at us.

Used to our soft line gals would get the carts, a cage for trash and then one of them would grace their presence in receiving. The breaking out takes forever bc things are in plastic and so on. They never set up efficiently on the floor. Now, they are in a corner in the backroom.
And those pesky sizes.

That's normal. stuff does not get done. nothing is ever finished.

Why? Ask the DTL, GTL and who ever else in management. this what they want. done right or done fast. they want both but that's not happening no matter how much the yell at us.

Got it, we have a bigger flow team with shorter shifts.

On the question of efficiency and morale, I'd be interested to see a study (there's gotta be a few out there - ?) that looks at efficiency as morale increases or decreases. Leadership sings the praises of e2e as being more efficient, and maybe it is although I haven't seen it. But I do know that morale has taken a nose dive since it's been put in place in beauty and market at my store. Seems like demoralized staff would be less efficient no matter the process. So what's really gained? More staff in the store when it's open, I guess, so potentially more guest servicing, which would lead to greater sales which leads to bigger trucks which leads to .... more truck hours? Ha!

Try running a 2300 truck with 12 TMs with 4hr shifts and see how far you’ll get.
Depends on what the 2300 is, if it's home stuff that requires a lot of de-trashing then not far it's chem/hbo/paper/toys then you can hustle thru it. The unload is slow but push can be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back