Archived flu shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anything about flu shots this year. Are they giving them out for free to team members this year? If so, do you just show up at any time to get one?

So funny how the RX tech asks me every day whether I want a flu shot or not. I told the person after about the tenth time, "I know you keep asking because you are worried about my health and not because you are trying to meet some arbitrary number set by corporate." She is a smart cookie and understands sarcasm so she just smiled.

Just to add this little snippet of information...

This year's flu shot covers three different strains of the flu rather than just one. Three times as much insurance against the flu as previous years with just one needle poke. Also! I heard that the needles are thinner this year (from a Pharmacy TM and from a SFTM who'd already gotten the shot).

Already got mine.
The needle is much smaller, you barely feel it.

If so, do you just show up at any time to get one?

At my store, we were told that we can only get a shot when we're off the clock (on lunch or not scheduled). Your store may have a similar rule, so I would check with HR and/or the pharmacy.

We have sign ups posted, with specific times, so there's no waiting. No one has signed up, but there you go. I do plan to get one.

We've had flu shots available for a few weeks now. There's been a sign in TSC telling about the shots. All you have to do is go to the pharmacy and they'll take care of you.
BTW, a flu shot counts as a prescription and in October all prescriptions count as 2 toward your next 5% off coupon.

I got mine zoning hba, one night. So did 2 other tm's who were zoning near by. Pharmacy was having a slow night.
It's free for tm's !

Got mine. Barely noticed the needle!

There is more than 1 type being offered this year...in addition to the one from last year, there are prefilled and intradermal ones (and a high dose for those people over 65). Any of them are free for TM's and dependents, regardless of whether or not you have ins through Spot :) The prefilled ones are in short supply, though (at least through our branch of McKesson) so if you're planning on getting one, you'd better get it soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back