Archived Flu Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really getting tired hearing about the free flu shots. Our district is having a contest for the store that has the most team members get one. The problem is the way they are going about it is really getting close to HIPPA violations. We are asked for a show of hands at huddles who hasn't yet gotten a shot and then those people are asked, in front of everyone "why not?". Flu shots are treated like prescriptions. It is no ones business if I get one or if I don't. No one knows my medical issues and why I cannot get one. I am sick of being singles out for not being a team player and getting my shot. Let everyone know that they can get one, and its free. But quit with the peer pressure so we can have a "big party". Anyone elses store getting this personal?

I have never, in my life, got a flu shot. I don't plan to start because of another one of Target's stupid "contests".

Not sure about dayside, but at the morning crew huddles I never hear them bring up the free shots. I got mine when I was shopping on my day off and that was that.

Just a question ... do they have to ring up the flu shot when you get it? Reason I ask is I got a $5 gift card offer with purchase of a flu shot and am wondering if I could use the coupon on the free shot. Be nice to have $5 for something I was planning to get...

The issue is more that I shouldn't have to neither should anyone else. They are asking personal medical questions and expecting answers and reasons. This is in violation of law, not just "Target law". They know how many people have had the shots as they are giving us a running total daily. If it happens again I think I will call integrity.

Just a question ... do they have to ring up the flu shot when you get it? Reason I ask is I got a $5 gift card offer with purchase of a flu shot and am wondering if I could use the coupon on the free shot. Be nice to have $5 for something I was planning to get...

If you get the $5 gift card with the flu shot, I would imagine you can't use the gift card on the shot. When I'm cashing, I always have to explain to guests that they can't use a gift card until after they complete the purchase in which they receive it.

We don't have a pharmacy in our store and the shots were scheduled for a 2 hour period on a Saturday. I already had other commitments during that time and couldn't get mine. I did get mine last year. Wasn't aware of a $5 gift card.

5 dollar gift card?? LOL it should be more like a 10.00 gift card. They do that for transferred or prescriptions which speaking of which they haven't had those in ages anyways.... I personally never get a flu shot because I am worried I'd get sick which I heard can happen from flu shots.

It's not a bad idea to get flu shots, folks...

I had my first flu shot ever last year, and I didn't get sick once. And I'm always getting sick at least once or twice during the winter.

Already got mine.
Just like to get them out out of the way so I do it as early as possible.
My wife works with over a hundred teenagers and I work with general public, there is no way one of us isn't going to pick up a bug.

The shots are free for team members and their families (you don't have to have insurance through Target) and yes, you CAN use the gift card coupon because they get rung up just like a prescription ;)

Flu Shots don't work. The formulas are based on previous viruses and anyone that knows anything about viruses is aware that they constantly mutate and change. If you just wash your hands and don't share drinks with people you probably won't get sick.

The shots are free for team members and their families (you don't have to have insurance through Target) and yes, you CAN use the gift card coupon because they get rung up just like a prescription ;)

Ohhh ok. I always forget that prescriptions work differently. I'm just used to how it is at the lanes.

Is it free for just a team member's spouse/dependant or for other members of the family at all?

Flu Shots don't work. The formulas are based on previous viruses and anyone that knows anything about viruses is aware that they constantly mutate and change. If you just wash your hands and don't share drinks with people you probably won't get sick.

Considering the number of people I come in contact every day, with the majority being kids (MAJOR snot/drool factory), I'll take my chances. Since I've taken a flu shot for the past 11 yrs, I haven't had the flu once.

Immediate family members' shots are free.

I have never, in my life, got a flu shot. I don't plan to start because of another one of Target's stupid "contests".

I got one for the first time EVER last year, and that was the last time I experienced it. I got sick last year ... WITH the flu shot.
We are even getting a $5 dollar gift card, but I'm still not getting it this year

Spouse or Dependants... Definition of dependant being someone that you can take as a Dependant on your tax return.

Minor TMs cannot give discount to parents AFAIK.

5 dollar gift card?? LOL it should be more like a 10.00 gift card. They do that for transferred or prescriptions which speaking of which they haven't had those in ages anyways.... I personally never get a flu shot because I am worried I'd get sick which I heard can happen from flu shots.
I have had only two flu shots in my life. 1 five years ago and one this year. Never been sick...probably due to the fact I have chronic sinus infections. And I never got sick from the shots.

The CDC is stating this is probably going to be the biggest flu years in a long time. Thats why its rolling out early and at higher volumes.

The only side effects you can get from the flu shot is if you are allergic to eggs or 1-2 day symptoms resembling a cold. Its just your body producing antibodies from the flu shot.

Last edited:
today the harassment began at my store. apparently, the dtl was on everyone's case on the conference call. my etl called me to the pharmacy. i just laughed and said no thanks. i've been sick once since high school (food poisoning). haven't taken a shot. i'm not against it, but i don't like the hard sell my etl was giving me. i questioned him about it and told him it was bordering on harassment the level they were carrying on. he said the dtl said word of mouth would help drive pharmacy sales or some crap, but they were sure pushing it.

We have to ask every guest at the pharmacy if they would like to get their flu shot. It is definitely a good idea to get one. If you're not sure why and you've heard things about how flu shots can make you sick, etc. ,, go talk to the pharmacist at your store and get educated :)

We have to ask every guest at the pharmacy if they would like to get their flu shot. It is definitely a good idea to get one. If you're not sure why and you've heard things about how flu shots can make you sick, etc. ,, go talk to the pharmacist at your store and get educated :)
I love it when people say "The last time I got one, I got sick" and you ask them when it was and it was 30 years ago! They refuse to believe that they've "improved" in those 30 years :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back