Archived Food Ave TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanzano

GSTL
I'm considering applying for a Food Ave TL position and I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some insight into this role? I'd be a full time student as well so I'd only really be wanting 30 hours a week which in my high volume store I don't think would be a problem. I'm currently FA trained but don't regularly work there.

Any particular challenges that get coupled with this role?

Our food ave TL works 40 hours a week and goes to school. Before MyTime she would create her own schedule; however I'm not sure if MyTime requires TLs to have 40 hours or not. Seems difficult since the holidays are up and coming.. GL!

TL positions require 32 to 40+ hrs. The position requires Food Safety training and some set hrs for schedule making, food ordering, and inventory.

FA TL is the only TL position in the store I'd consider taking if they were serious about making me a TL. It's not necessarily easy, but I worked closely with my TL when I was a FA TM and I really appreciated how much control she was given over her area because it was so specialized, and therefore clueless ETL's wouldn't even try to override her on anything. If they did, she shut them down fast. I'm the kind of person who likes to do my own thing with as little meddling as possible, and FA is (well, was; it's been awhile since I worked there) a good place to do it. Sure, you have to ultra-manage your team and be super picky about thinks (because Steritech!), but if you can gain your TM's respect and get the ETL's to keep their nose out of your area, it can be a good place to work.

It's not easy, though. But, I'd take challenging over "easy-but-stressful-because-people-keep-butting-into-your-business" any day.

My store combined FATL and SBTL because of cutbacks. It is challenging for me at 40 hours per week, but with only FATL duties, I could see the job as do-able at 30 per week, depending upon the competence of your team members. I believe that TLs are required to work an average of 32 hours per week, however your store may be different. I was able to get a set schedule with MyTime through HR. If the team members in Food Ave are good at what they do, properly trained, and self-motivated, you could probably make it work.

That said, being FATL entails the regular FATM duties, plus...

• Getting a State Food Safety Certification (I went to a 3-day class)
  • Passing Pizza Hut's Leader Training and passing the annual visit
  • Following up if there are issues on the Steritech Audit
  • Ordering supplies through the PDA, SAP, and Calls to the ICEE Company
  • Keeping logs, QMOS sheets and the like on hand at all times
  • Organizing and informing TMs for new transitions/collaborating with the Plano TL
  • Making sure transitions are completed correctly (label strips are correct, items are in stock and filled, the POGs are tied, etc)
  • Ensuring that the team is following cleaning guidelines, completing routines, and keeping food in date.
  • Following up with coachings, corrective actions, final warnings, and terminations accordingly.
  • Completing bi-weekly Vibe Walks and reviewing them with your ETL
  • (In my store) Tracking sales, guest survey scores, and QMOS and following up with the team accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back