Archived Food Unload: Best Practice. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, long story short, I have been asked to look into our food unload process and strategize how to get our team back onto best practice. Right now, we break down the frozen pallets onto flats based on the aisle the product goes into (2 flats per aisle, front half and back half, plus a flat for bakery items). We bring produce, meat, and dairy pallets onto the floor as is. Keep in mind we often take our food trucks at 7:30am, so the store is open while these pallets are on the floor. We're looking to eliminate this, as it's what is right for our guests.

The problem is, we're often short on flats even for the frozen unload, so we'd need quite a few additional flats to magically appear for the other foods' breakdown, and we'd need to figure out the logistics for breaking down what is often many pallets of dairy and produce. Not to mention there is always the 4/4:30 team's breaks, and 30 minute temp zone rules. It seems impossible for us to be able to get all product broken out onto flats for the push.

How are other pFresh stores managing their food unload and push?

What we do at my store is, 1 frozen, produce, milk & dairy on flats, pushed to the floor. Because we run out of flats too. The other pallets of food truck are kept the backroom coolers. Also, you need to push the auto pulls first. We start on our trucks between 4am & 6am.

Pfreshbackroomguy, your ears on?

Last edited:
Mine are about 5 to 6 pallets. Pell, I am sorry that I couldn't remember your user id. Your expertise would be great thing.

Usually around 800-1200. couldn't give you a pallet count for fridge vs. frozen. We usually do the frozen breakdown and push first, due to less space in the backroom freezer.

Would telling them to order more flats get you in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back