Foot In the Door

Hi everyone! I just got hired at Target. I'm not sure where my Store Director will put me just yet because I have experience in so many areas of retail and retail management. I guess I will find out tomorrow. I have been trying to get into Target forever and it felt good to be hired on the spot. Also got to address my plans to move into an ETL role ASAP and my Store Director was definitely down for it. Happy to get started!

Welcome!
It will take a while to get to an etl. If you are a tm, you have to survive the weeks with low hours.
I have no worries. I have prior management experience and I’m finishing my third degree. I’m betting on 6 months tops before I’m promoted. Usually never takes me very long to move up the ladder. We talked succession planning already. Plus I’m in a small market so I’m optimistic!

I have no worries. I have prior management experience and I’m finishing my third degree. I’m betting on 6 months tops before I’m promoted. Usually never takes me very long to move up the ladder. We talked succession planning already. Plus I’m in a small market so I’m optimistic!
From tm to etl? Good luck . You would have to earn the Etl position and unless you go thru internship it takes a Tl about 18-24 months to become one .And you haven’t showed your Tl skills yet let alone Etl one. Besides right now you are at the hands of a TL

From tm to etl? Good luck . You would have to earn the Etl position and unless you go thru internship it takes a Tl about 18-24 months to become one .And you haven’t showed your Tl skills yet let alone Etl one. Besides right now you are at the hands of a TL
I'm still in school. So if I see an ETL internship open up for what I want to do I will just apply for it internally. Which I believe should be possible. Or is it not?

I'm still in school. So if I see an ETL internship open up for what I want to do I will just apply for it internally. Which I believe should be possible. Or is it not?
I was not able to do a target internship as a current employee but that was a long time ago. I also dont want to discourage you, but seeing you are still in school it may be more difficult then you realize to get an etl position. Drink the koolaid, always be available for any project that may show leadership qualities, and make sure to keep reinforcing that you want to move up in the company.

I was not able to do a target internship as a current employee but that was a long time ago. I also dont want to discourage you, but seeing you are still in school it may be more difficult then you realize to get an etl position. Drink the koolaid, always be available for any project that may show leadership qualities, and make sure to keep reinforcing that you want to move up in the company.
That's strange that they wouldn't let you do it in the past. It takes a lot to discourage me honestly. My whole life has been a disappointment 😂. And honestly, I'm close to completing though. Should be done in March of 2021. I already have 2 degrees prior to the one I'm getting now. I'm connecting with Recruiters on LinkedIn as well for these ETL positions so that they can see my face directly. Thank you for the advice too. I'm working it from angles and I don't see how I can fail at this lol

Back