Archived Freshness Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a company-wide thing or just something my store used to do because rotation was so bad? I can't find anything on WB about it.

Is this a company-wide thing or just something my store used to do because rotation was so bad? I can't find anything on WB about it.

Years ago at my store every day's huddle had a theme. Meat & Cheese Monday, Tune In Tuesday, Wellness Wednesday, Fat Thursday (held at Starbucks/FA with samples), & Freshness Friday. So if you knew what day of the week it was, you knew where huddle was.

It's a fancy term for "let's help consumables throw out their expired crap" has little to do with being an actual Target thing.

There is a suggested rotation of market areas for Freshness Friday on workbench. I still try and do it to let the team know what's going on in grocery, but now we have no one on the floor to even attend so it has fallen to the wayside.

Meat & Cheese Monday, Tune In Tuesday, Wellness Wednesday, Fat Thursday (held at Starbucks/FA with samples), & Freshness Friday.
Meat Monday, Tune-In Tuesday, Wellness Wednesday, Fat Thursday, Freshness Friday.... why does it seem like something just doesn't fit....:confused:

There is a suggested rotation of market areas for Freshness Friday on workbench. I still try and do it to let the team know what's going on in grocery, but now we have no one on the floor to even attend so it has fallen to the wayside.
I used to rotate dry grocery and cold grocery. Our one pa does milk/ creamer.

We used to have the whole team did it before 4x4 became a thing. Now it's two people plus the pa.

Meat Monday, Tune-In Tuesday, Wellness Wednesday, Fat Thursday, Freshness Friday.... why does it seem like something just doesn't fit....:confused:
LOL! Especially because WELLNESS Wednesday is immediately followed buy Fat Thursday! I think it was someone trying to be cleaver and was a reminder to TMs that there would be treats/coffee at huddle that day.

It's a fancy term for "let's help consumables throw out their expired crap" has little to do with being an actual Target thing.
So it's just throwing out expired stuff? I'm curious wtf it is.
I always hear the consumables TL talk about it, but literally theres no one ever on the sales floor due to hours... no one ever goes to consumables and i feel bad since I'm manning electronics

We used to do it a long time ago. No longer have the time. Occasionally, the STL will have everyone come over and have a mass sweep of dates. The last time we did it, I couldn't count how many shopping carts there were.

My previous STL reinstated freshness Friday about 2 years ago. As a CTL with 4 TMs and 120 hours between dry, dairy, frozen, meat and a logistics team that wouldn't/doesn't rotate for shit, it was a breath of fresh air. Before this grocery model rollout, dates were a constant. daily. struggle.

We do it on Thursdays. It is done weekly and we also use the SDA to add dates in dry market. Doesn't get everything but we usually keep up from pfresh.

We don't have a ton of Salesfloor during the morning, but the rest of the teams help out. Out STL tells the entire store that dates our everyone's concern not just Market.

I call it ...

817886b1ec231acf05509dd1ec95b523.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back