Archived Frosty's confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I am a proverbial Newb in the Target Universe. I have scanned this fine forum for my assigned job detail, and have come up relatively empty. I was offered the job of stocking Dairy and Freezer items from either 4am to 12:30 or 6:00am to 2:30. monday wednesday and friday (sometimes sat and sun). Are there TM's who only work in the freezer/cooler for their entire shift ? If so what can I expect ? Thank you in advance for any replies on this matter.

Yes I do recall him stating something about backroom, with a heavy emphasis on "FREEZER".

From another thread on backdrop in guides section:
Carts: Not guest carts (using guest carts with perishables is a food safety issue and a Steritech nono). Two-tiers work great for small things like yogurt and cheese. It really depends on how much backstock you end up with. If your store has the metro or green wire racks on wheels, I highly recommend using those. Repacks aren't considered food-safe but my team still uses them.

Backstocking with a mydevice: Scan an item and scan a backroom label. Tell it how many you want to stow.
To subtract, scan the item and tap the description to get to the 'other info screen'. Tap 'take' and scan the backroom location you're taking it from. On a note, mydevices can be unreliable in freezers and if they get too cold, they will shut down. Use a PDA when possible. :3

Hopefully you're a FDC fed store and your picklables look like this:
bf9fa1fc56.png

TXXXX is your store number
W##(#)#-#-# Is the shelf location
###-##-#### is the DPCI
The top barcode is the FDC barcode for the carton (we don't use it at the store level)
The small barcode is the UPC for the product
CSPK QTY # Is the number of items in a case, in this case 6 (sorry, pun)
REC'V is approximately when it came in
EXP: is approximately when it expires (sometimes off by a day or two)
60P is the custom block. Depending on your breakout, you will probably never use this.

WOW !!! You are a superstar !! Thank you so very much for the help, I really appreciate it.

Even the PDA scanner can stop working in the freezer. Just step out of the freezer for 30 seconds to help it 'thaw'.

If you are stocking the floor from outside, there is a 30 minute time limit on having freezer/cooler items at 'room temperature'. One coworker was constantly yelled at for taking too long and has since left Target.

Even the PDA scanner can stop working in the freezer. Just step out of the freezer for 30 seconds to help it 'thaw'.

If you are stocking the floor from outside, there is a 30 minute time limit on having freezer/cooler items at 'room temperature'. One coworker was constantly yelled at for taking too long and has since left Target.
Because OSHA does a thorough walk of pfresh at 4:00 AM, then a second time 20 minutes before opening, and another at 5:00 PM

I've never heard of someone dedicated to full early morning shifts of just dairy/frozen.

Maybe that store is implementing the dedicated stocker process?

I've basically become our dedicated PFresh person on truck days because no one else can be trusted to do it.
Different situation though
probably

Our freezer/dairy team runs from 5 - 7 team members. They will spend their entire shift unloading the freezer/dairy truck, pushing those items to the floor, and backstocking any remaining items into the dairy cooler or freezer. It's a tough job and very busy. The plus side is that they are scheduled the same days and times so it's easier to plan life outside of your schedule. None of the random opening/closing shifts that the "dayside" team members endure.

I've never heard of someone dedicated to full early morning shifts of just dairy/frozen.

Maybe that store is implementing the dedicated stocker process?
I've recently moved to Team Lead, but this is what I did for a few months. I'd come in, run pallets for the C&S flow team, pull autofills, help push if needed, and spend the rest of my time backstocking and maintaining the coolers and freezer.

Not really a bad gig, but you should definitely get some thermals and wear them on the days you expect to spend a good amount of time in the freezer.

We had a guy who pretty much did what you are going to do.
He never came out on to the floor so his name tag said Sub Zero.
He was Russian, grew up on the steppes and the cold didn't bother him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back