Fulfillment scheduled hours

I'm curious if any of you guys can share how your hours have been explained they are given for the day at your store. I dont think we are given enough hours but my SD says she can not schedule us more hours until every person is picking at 40 uph for OPU/SFS and 60 uph for Grocery.

Here is how they explained it to me:

SFS forecast ÷ 40 = hours to pick SFS
SFS forecast ÷ 110 = hours to pack SFS
8 hours total given for the two TLs

Now OPU is always different. They do not give us a standard number of hours for OPU. I have been told that it is the OPU forecast divided by 40 uph but the math never works out. Two days my team would have had to all pick OPU at 60 uph to keep up. But when I showed my SD that she said we do not always get our whole OPU forecast so we didn't need all the hours. Most days we come very close to our forecast.

So add those 4 up and that is our total number of hours given for the day.

Now some issues I have is that is all straight 100 percent picking and packing.

What about RFID scans? One of my team members has to do that for 2 or sometimes 3 shifts of the week depending on the percentage. And it takes 6 out of 8 hours she is scheduled.

What about 15 minute breaks. That time is not taken into consideration at all.

What about time to process Ship to Store.

What about time to refill boxes, wrap pallets and general cleaning of prep/pack area.

I know you might be thinking the TLs can take care of some of this miscellaneous stuff.

We try but a majority of our shifts are spent coaching, what little we can, and prepping/packing.

We also get no help or support from the store when OPU drops really heavy. I just have to pull everyone from SFS.

I just don't understand if we know the team is bad (which it's not their fault, they haven't been held to productivity standards in over 2 years) how can we expect everything to get done with no cushion in hours.

I guess I'm just supposed to struggle until I get rid of 50 percent of the team that just wants to walk slow as shit and go to the bathroom all the time lol.

Gotta love that you are trying to get the team to understand why we have productivity standards so they all hate you for making their job harder. Then the rest of leadership hates you because fulfillment is a mess of a team that I inherited.

Sorry for the rant but I really have nobody at my store who cares or will listen.

The support from the leadership at my store is much better, but scheduling to forecast is what they are supposed to do. You just have to make the other stuff work. Coach your team and get the productivity up. Its not always easy as the store can be mess to find items. It takes time and you need to make sure your team understands that it is there job to get the job done. Tbh 40 uph and 110 pack per hour is pretty low.

Attachments

• 16311062083471350975074248795726.jpg
    16311062083471350975074248795726.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
To add.
I dont want to discourage you, thinking your are not doing a good job. Its hard to turn a team around get your team to hold each other accountable too as people not pulling there weight just burn out your good tms too.

Why is your team doing RFID scans? That's something the individual departments should be taking care of using their own hour allotment. If you're doing them, they are stealing hours from you for their other work.

Other than that, there isn't much to be done. For your SD to give you more hours he would have to take them from somewhere else. That doesn't really help you in the long run as it just means that other workcenters don't get as much done. That ultimately just results in decreased pick productivity and increased INFs.

We do rfid for tech every wenesday 8am-12pm

Style does theres tuesday.

Flex does not need the rfid task on their very full plates.

We do rfid for tech every wenesday 8am-12pm

Style does theres tuesday.

Flex does not need the rfid task on their very full plates.
RFID for tech for us is done Tues-Friday and at most only takes 30-40mins to complete and we do it towards the end of the night which is our slowest times.

RFID for tech for us is done Tues-Friday and at most only takes 30-40mins to complete and we do it towards the end of the night which is our slowest times.
Ours takes for ever . Its either a half hour task or 4 hours looking for another 1% of items. We are also apparently a very busy store from AP perspective. So maybe that's why...

Ours takes for ever . Its either a half hour task or 4 hours looking for another 1% of items. We are also apparently a very busy store from AP perspective. So maybe that's why...
We are the only ones that never get and rejected RFID items and always finish with a 97.5% or higher each scan.

Worry about what you can and let your SD worry about the rest. 40 UPH metric is not a high expectation; most weeks even my bottom performers are above 50 and no one is consistently below 50 (metric-wise, actual performance-wise there are few who regularly pick that much).
Also, Grocery is gonna be less than 40 UPH now if you're at a store that does <1400-1600 pickup units/day (though it sounds like you're not as you have two TLs), as they moved all the dry to regular pickups. Idk about Greenfield, but MPM also counts bulky as grocery. So all that's left now is tiny batches with only the FDC/C&S stuff that's probably still on pallets in the back or close-dated and the few things in the bulky batches.

Back