• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a CTL in a work chart 1 store. On June 1 I gave notice to my ETL that i was going to be leaving. I explained that my passion is leading and development and i literally have zero overlap with my team so i don't get to do that. Additionally i was giving 110% to my work and trying to maintain Market routines, fight other teams on food safety, chase down my vendors, and handle the 6 or 7 other jobs that get added to my list on any given day by my STL and i never heard anyone say thank you.The only time i heard anything from other leaders was when they had something negative to say.My ETL told Hr ETL and she pulled me into her office and tried to talk me out of my decision but i was not going to budge so she asked me to stay longer than 2 weeks to give them time to find my replacement. I agreed to stay 30 days instead of 14 because i didn't want to leave my team without a leader.Since then i have been even more ignored, other leaders have become increasingly rude, and the entire store team now thinks that because im leaving anything i say or do is irrelevant. I Almost snapped and cursed out another TL on the sales floor because they decided to fight with me over a petty task and then to say that my team thinks im lazy and no good and tried to use that in why i should never pass tasks to them. I really dont like the idea of being a strain to others but i seriously believe that no matter if never return or if i finish my time when im gone all they will say is how i was no good. Should i just stop going?

I would go back to your ETL-HR & tell her you've reconsidered your decision to extend your stay. The reason: that you no longer feel you can be effective. You can cite the examples you've given here. They've scorched your relationship with the rest of the store so there's no reason to feel any loyalty towards them.
Only when you're gone will they realize what they've lost but they'll never admit it.

Just leave, you don't owe them a thing. You gave notice that you're quitting, and honestly you don't need to work your 2 weeks. Sure you might not be re-hireable, but they can't give out any information on you on a employment check for a future employer.

Just leave, you don't owe them a thing. You gave notice that you're quitting, and honestly you don't need to work your 2 weeks. Sure you might not be re-hireable, but they can't give out any information on you on a employment check for a future employer.
Really? They don't give out any information at all?

I know it's rough right now. i would stay on so that you can leave on good terms. There is Jealously from others who have not tried to get out of spot. Teach everything about your job to your team & others who care. You never know, you might have to come back to spot later on.

I agree with redeye, go back and tell them you are going to stick with the two weeks.
They have effectively destroyed any chance of making a decent working relationship and they can't say anything bad about you so it's not going to hurt you in the long run.

Really? They don't give out any information at all?

It's policy that team leaders are not allowed to give out information to third parties. They can only confirm that you worked there.

If I understand this, you've already served your two weeks? If so, tell them you re-considered and get outta there!

Stay and finish your 2week notice.

I was in a situation where I was given a conditional offer from my current work. I passed it, but due to budget concerns at the time, I couldn't be offered the job formally. I had to wait for about 3 months before my job offer became official. Because of that, I decided it would be safer to give and work a 2weeks notice. You never know when a job offer might go south.

If i were you i would have never agreed to stay longer in the first place, for a place that only gives a s**t about themselves, i would have said no, but what everyone that is say on here is true, you might want to stick it out til the very very end, just in case things dont work out, just ignore the d**k heads that give you s**t. The sad truth is, they see you moving onto better things in life, and there stuck there, holding a grudge and hating their lives, and hating on the successful ones because they know they cant be like that, just remember that the next time someone b**tches you out.

snickles,

You've probably already made up your mind on this.....what did you choose to do?

Giving a two weeks notice to your job (at Target or any other place) shows that you are responsible. Your new employer will look to see how you're leaving the company that you are leaving.

Also....NEVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES!!

While coming back to Target doesn't seem like it will be an option, you never know what the future holds. Perhaps you won't work at Target again, but you may run into one of these people in the future and have to work with them. Also, the people that you are leaving behind may be important to you in the future....like giving you help in getting another job....or referring friends to the business that you are in.....or coming to your business themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back