Archived Gay/ lesbian/ LGBT - any ETLs, STLs, DTLs, or higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old STL, as well as my favorite GSA and most of our IGS team, including myself, are part of the LGBTQ+ community.
My STL wasn't very open about her sexuality, but we all knew she had been engaged for about 2 years to her girlfriend.
The GSA I mentioned is gay, my IGS team is mostly bi, I identify as pansexual, and one of our former flow team members was a transexual woman.
We aren't positive, but we are pretty sure our SBUXTL and our PMT have something going on because my gay GSA ran into them being fairly intimate at our favorite bar. But, we are not here to judge, we are all just real nosey at my store.

Our STL is gay, and our Starbucks TL is bisexual. Other than that, we have a small handful of TMs who are LGBT but generally are a minority. The store for the most part is pretty supportive of LGBT, spare a few exceptions.

My district especially my store. Is extremely diversified with race and life style. The only thing I might see in my store is an age bias. But thats local not district.

I guess if your state doesn't offer any anti-discrimination protection in regards to sexual orientation & for private businesses in particular but that's pretty messed up.
I'm sure they've got laws protecting religious folks against discrimination, tho.

I'm sure there is. Alot of people where I live at don't like the LGBT community, i even have family members who do not like the LGBT community and will complain about it.

My cousin was complaining about it when the town next to us held an LGBT pride parade, she thought that they were trying to shove their beliefs down her throat and said she was offended since she is a Christian.

I was also talking to my aunt the other night and somehow the target restrooms got brought up. She told me if any of her kids were transgender (her 3 kids are adults now) she would send them to a therapist.

My mom's mom (grandma) would have disowned any of her kids if they turned out to be gay.

My STL was extremely right-wing and conservative. Shortly before I quit he was the closing LOD one night and I caught a glimpse of his phone screen when we were in the cash office. His wallpaper was Ted Cruz's face. It was pretty horrifying. He was also very much against TMs having tattoos or unnatural hair colors even though corporate policy forbid him from doing anything about it (he would still make comments).

I've been wondering what his reaction has been to this transgender bathroom thing. Maybe he'll finally leave the company and do that store some good?

I had a gay STL, who was promoted to DTL. He was a very hard guy to work for, apparently, from stories from ETLs/TLs who worked with him, who would go on tirades behind doors (and sometimes over the walkie, once I witnessed it. )

Having worked for two different STLs since then, this guy DEFINITELY knew his shit. I never had a problem with him, and completely understand why he got promoted to DTL, I am just glad he is not ours ;p

My old ETL-GE was a lady with a girlfriend! I had a really dumb crush on her and then I noticed she would frequently have someone bringing her lunch and then I heard the word and it just made the crush bigger because I'm an idiot. Not that I'd wanna break them up but every time I saw them I was like "HELL YEAH YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AND CUTE TOGETHER"

I don't wanna assume anything about anyone else just because they aren't in a same-sex relationship because bi erasure's a real thing but I will say that there are no more visibly queer relationships at the ETL+ levels since she left. The ETL/STL roster is very very stacked towards women at our store, which is pretty cool. Our ETL-LOG is female, first one I've seen in that role of the four LOG bosses we've had since I started.

TM level, a fair amount of LGB folks through the store. Lots of gay guys in Flow. A gal at food ave who's a badass lez and is kinda responsible for me being somewhat-openly bi, because her friend showed me some guy-on-guy anime smut and I couldn't hold back from demanding to see more.

No trans folks, unfortunately. I'm kind of ending up somewhere on the genderqueer scale myself but I can't exactly pin down where I'm at with that sort of thing on any given day. Like, I'd call it genderqueer but it's mostly just not giving a shit about pronouns, except on days where I scrunch my nose a little harder at the thought of being called "sir" or "guy" or whatever male pronoun. It's nothing official and nothing I could feel right putting down on a survey if I was directly asked how I felt.

But uh... yeah, leadership: very female, very straight-looking.

The new head of HR for the company (Brad Taylor) is probably one of the most flamboyant gay guys you’ll meet.

Being “diverse” typically fast tracks promotions.

Hi folks , In my company were working few lesbians , one couple get married also my ETS is gay . It is their personal thing , and a can not judge them , I have a tolerant glance on all my lgtb colleague. The lesbian couple is so friendly and make the happy atmosphere that is the most important thing at work .

Am I having a stroke?

As the only gay leadership rip me. Also when other people from leadership try to relate sometimes and want to “spill the tea” and go “yaas” to me I’m just like :rolleyes:

MPNlXBa.png

My STL was extremely right-wing and conservative. Shortly before I quit he was the closing LOD one night and I caught a glimpse of his phone screen when we were in the cash office. His wallpaper was Ted Cruz's face. It was pretty horrifying. He was also very much against TMs having tattoos or unnatural hair colors even though corporate policy forbid him from doing anything about it (he would still make comments).

I've been wondering what his reaction has been to this transgender bathroom thing. Maybe he'll finally leave the company and do that store some good?
Whats the update on this one? Lol!

We have 1 gay white male ETL, and the rest of the leadership are all straight while females, though I live in a predominantly white area

Our ETL log is an Open Lesbian & Our dtl Is is an Openly Gay Man.
Sexual orientation had no bearings here!

Most of our upper management are non white. We have a couple store directors that are lgbtq, 4 out if 9 of the leads in our store are lgbtq. Our district is very diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back