Getting fired over a Ps5

Besides, communication from the beginning was that the consoles for were opu only, but lots of stores had issues where the consoles weren't available for opu. There was a good window of time were consoles were allowed to be sold in stores (albeit after open).

Damn, you guys need to chill. The whole point of having leaders is for them to be trusted and listened to. How are so many of you telling people NOT to listen to their leaders? Even if they're wrong, it should fall on the leader for messing up, not the TMs for listening - that's literally their job, to listen to leaders.
While i agreed with him that it is mostly the TLs fault, i just said that it doesnt excuse themselves too. Its a shitty situation and likely the SD meant what they said about not firing the tms but was probably overruled by the DSD or AP. Then he satarted saying names and that im contridicting myself, so forget them. Im going to go play my PS5 now and forget about this conversation.

Is it corporate wide policy that regular TMs are to check all communications? Is time given for regular TMs to check all communications because it does detract from the 8 hours of work in a 4 hour shift? Is it easy for TMs to check communications rather than having to fight for computer time? If this is corporate policy, is it being communicated to all stores as an edict in stone, not subject to ASANTS, and corporate is fussy enough on this point to ensure it is being followed?

Finally, is Target at a point where TMs are to take time to check all communications because leadership cannot be trusted? That bothers me, that in this case people are saying to not trust one's supervisor, to go around them and see if the supervisor is lying.

So, THIS. For all y'all saying we should be on workbench every day keeping up on communications...you do realize that's very much an ASANTS thing, right? Off the high horses for a bit, mmkay?

At my store there's only two reasons TMs would be on the computers: training or requesting time off. For a TM to sit down and spend time looking at corporate communications and being familiar with corporate policy beyond what's in the handbook would be really fucking weird. Yeah, there's a communication tab in MyDay, but...again, my leaders haven't pointed that out or set any expectation that we look at it. MPM for sales, yes, absolutely, that's been covered multiple times, but in the 3 years I've been a TM nobody expects us to spend time reading all the communications. That's the job for our TLs and ETLs, and they put up in the TSC or let us know what we need to know.

I don't think my store has had much up about the PS5, but I don't want a PS5 so I haven't been paying a ton of attention. Everyone for sure knows (or should know, as that is in the handbook and was covered in orientation) that TMs don't get special access to items and they have to be on the floor at least 15 minutes before we can scoop them up. They had a special exception in the spring for overnight TMs to be able to shop for in-demand essentials in the hour before open, but that was a very specific exception with signs up everywhere.

Your TL is a dumbass for telling you it was ok, and I can't entirely blame people for believing their leaders. It's a shitty situation all around.

Does anyone know how this policy relates to stuff ordered via OPU? As in, if your store acknowledged the truck (or whatever gets done to allow stuff to be bought via OPU) and the items are available to be purchased, does 15 minutes available online count? So, if they hit the website at 2am and you went on break at 2:30 and ordered one via OPU, is that against policy? (ETA: This isn't necessarily specific to PS5s, as I know they might have had a different process)

That sucks because you believed the TL since she said it was okay. And all the TMs that bought the ps5 got fired no matter what. I blamed the communication in your store. At my store we were constantly reminded that ps5 and xbox would only be available online and the signs are all over electronics. Been working with Target for years and it’s been a rule of thumb that when it’s a “hot buy item” you gotta make sure you are buying one like you are a customer. When you know it’s too easy and to good to be true to get one, your first instict would be not to do it. nLots of TMs, including TLs have been fired over saving and buying the gaming systems before the store opens.
But yeah just learned from it and move on. Yes it sucks. I think the SD is probably saving their butts because they let it happen and it’s cleared that they sucked at commmunicating so they have to sacrifice the little guys.

Side note, but I don’t get the hype over the new consoles. Like why are people spending over $1000 for these on eBay lol. But that’s neither here nor there.

For all y'all saying we should be on workbench every day keeping up on communications
...but it's just right there, on MyDay, always. I glance at it out of curiosity just as I'm walking to the backroom every morning. It's not like it's a book report assignment every week for a class. Skimming the tab every once in awhile for interesting info isn't a crazy expectation. Less work and more relevant than looking at sales info on MPM every day, imo.

Does anyone know how this policy relates to stuff ordered via OPU?
You'd have just the same chance to stumble across the available listing while on break/off the clock as a guest so I'd suppose it's free game. Like, the app doesn't update in real time. Plus with the consoles they're staggering the availability so just 'cause it comes in on the truck doesn't mean it'll be available asap or even that day for pickup.

Here is the thing , you don’t need to sit at the computer to see this communication. Everyone gets a zebra when they clock in , they use that zebra for everything and with a simply click to the tools they would have seen it. When I was a Tl as I would walk to receiving to set the line I would check my email , monthly planner and what not . There’s means to every way if you care enough to be informed . The situation is shitty but no one can excuse buying a ps5 at self checkout before store opening with a bag a chips and a Gatorade.

Last edited:
Here is the thing , you don’t need to sit at the computer to see this communication. Everyone gets a zebra when they clock in , they use that zebra for everything and with a simply click to the tools they would have seen it. When I was a Tl as I would walk to receiving to set the line I would check my email , monthly planner and what not . There’s means to every way if you care enough to be informed . The situation is shitty but no one can excuse buying a ps5 at self checkout before store opening with a bag a chips and a Gatorade.
What kind of chips?

Follow the rules, line up your mustard and salad dressing real nice like, wear good shoes, come in on time. Key phrase: Come In. Keep your mouth shut. You're likely a kid, hopefully you learned a lesson. Move forward. Think----- It's FREE.
I am sorry , are we reading the same post?
The OP is fired! OP does not follow the rules, haven’t seen their mustard and salad dressing lines, probably can’t afford shoes now that they are fired. Why do you want OP to still coming on time? OP is fired!
I would suggest the OP stop coming in, I mean they ARE fired! and since they are fired!, they don’t have to keep their mouth shut, they can say whatever they want like any other guest.

I am super confused by your post through no fault of my own!!

Lol, zebra simple? I can pull MpM on my phone faster than I can find it on zebra. I guess that makes MyDay, the best app, EVER created. Tremendous.

Guys I can tell you what happened and why the OP got fired.

Op saw the green of envy with all the ps5 sitting in the lock up. So he chatted up a few tms and was like im gonna buy one. Im sure the smart tm was like" you need to get an tl/etl permission." OP ran into the tl likely doing unload and wasn't paying attention to what they said. Likely was like "sure buy it on your break" Not realizing what exactly the op asked. Op went to electronics and had a tm ring them up then fucking told everyone and their mom. Ap got wind and bam....

Adios...

Op thought we would take mercy on them but see op you got hired on your own.

Honest question, not sarcasm, have the available supply of zebras increased tremendously in the last 18 months? When I left there were enough for maybe one person out of two, and dead batteries were a problem since the lack of zebras meant they were handed between shifts all day with no recharging.

Honest question, not sarcasm, have the available supply of zebras increased tremendously in the last 18 months? When I left there were enough for maybe one person out of two, and dead batteries were a problem since the lack of zebras meant they were handed between shifts all day with no recharging.
Might be an ASANTS thing havent had an issue with no devices since the start of the zebra switch, except for black friday this year since there was more people then ever on sfs/opu

Yes, stores have both received more zebras, and increased accountability for missing ones.

Back