Archived Getting rid of Cafes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all enclosed in glass with a separate door and the one I've seen has an AP person standing pretty close to it.

So I just checked WB and I do see a SB switch for my store. Seems legit! So excited to work SBux instead tbh

How do I know if the store is getting a remodel? Just by selecting 2018 Remodel?

How do I know if the store is getting a remodel? Just by selecting 2018 Remodel?

There should be a list of stores getting remodeled.

So I just checked WB and I do see a SB switch for my store. Seems legit! So excited to work SBux instead tbh

I have seen 2 of our Starbucks team members get hired at stand alone locations this year alone.

I know cafe is way less stressful than Starbucks but on the one hand I think Starbucks opens a few more doors for team members.

You do realize it's encased with glass and there is a team member staffing it right? It's usually not just fair game LOL

No one has discussed any prototype that I have seen....

When I searched remodel, it showed 2018 remodel and all the links, showing cafe closures, but I have a feeling I’m looking at the wrong screen.
There should be a list of stores getting remodeled.

I have seen 2 of our Starbucks team members get hired at stand alone locations this year alone.

I know cafe is way less stressful than Starbucks but on the one hand I think Starbucks opens a few more doors for team members.

Several stores in my district were part of the remodel to 2.0 and I know at least two of them closed their cafes and opened Starbucks instead. There is another store in my district that has both? I found that odd.
I'll never understand why they don't have both.
My store opened in 2014, and we have both. I don't know what they would replace Cafe with, since the city and state refuses to grant us a liquor license because we're too close to an elementary school, and California doesn't require a separate liquor section anyway; most stores have it out on the sales floor.

Yes there's a register. And you can only buy alcohol IIRC, not other Target items.

This is the only Target in my state that can sell alcohol. Period. It used to be on the floor too, but it was moved into this store once they got rid of the cafe area.

Our liquor is scattered throughout the front end and market; I can't imagine they would switch that to keeping all the liquor in one special area. That's not a thing any stores in our state does so it seems counterproductive.

But why not? By putting it all in the same space, they can keep tabs on it better. Plus it opens up more sales space for other product.

I mean, we have entire aisle of liquor, but there's also all the vendor promo stuff that is put in strategic spots in order to boost impulse sales. I don't know how locking everything up in a little contained section would improve that.

We have liquor on the floor. We have security devices on the hard alcohol but not the wine

90% of stores have liquor on the floor

Ask any AP, the security devices keep honest people honest. For thieves once the alarm goes off they're already out the door.

My ETLAP explained the security devices help them to know when it goes out the door, then they can watch for those folks when they come back.

I mean, we have entire aisle of liquor, but there's also all the vendor promo stuff that is put in strategic spots in order to boost impulse sales. I don't know how locking everything up in a little contained section would improve that.

Liquor is one of the higher theft items in stores. While it's generally druggies who try to steal high priced electronics at my store, everyone from peer pressured teenagers to elderly folks with drinking problems try to steal liquor.

For some honest buyers -- many would prefer to get their alcohol/wine and not have to wait in the regular line.

Ask any AP, the security devices keep honest people honest. For thieves once the alarm goes off they're already out the door.

My ETLAP explained the security devices help them to know when it goes out the door, then they can watch for those folks when they come back.
I meant liquor in the regular store not in a separate liquor store. Some states don't allow that

Also how do they get a bottle cap lock off???

I meant liquor in the regular store not in a separate liquor store. Some states don't allow that

Yeah I'm saying most stores pre-remodel didn't have a separate place for liquor. It's almost always been in market, Target is going away from that although some stores will never have room for it.

Example: My old store only had room for one amenity (it was a cafe then got switched to starbucks). My current store has room for optical, cafe, starbucks etc and we're getting a liquor area.

Also how do they get a bottle cap lock off???

Come on now...

removing security device from alcohol - Google Search - https://www.google.com/search?ei=VdZbWtO_ENiijwOB3qbADg&q=removing+security+device+from+alcohol&oq=removing+security+device+from+alcohol&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1l2.5788.6719.0.6851.9.9.0.0.0.0.179.584.2j3.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..4.5.583...0.0.LE6xqoPlSM4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back