but you could also see it taken out and turned into a Snack and Go area

if your store

1) has a guest service desk
2) has Starbucks
3) can't sell alcohol and
4) doesn't need expanded space for order pickup

you might keep your cafe

but you could also see it taken out and turned into a Snack and Go area
Hmm.. I know a store that has all 4 and is almost done with the remodel. They used to have a cafe and now it's just a wall there.

I wished our cafe closes. I'm tired of eating fake pizza hut. Wouldn't mind a Which Wich. Some Target have it around my area.

I know ours is likely slated to close Q1 of 2019 as part of the front end remodel. (Bye, IGS!) Guessing they’ll move guest services there or expand our Starbucks. Screeching children will have to go elsewhere for their icees.

I know ours is likely slated to close Q1 of 2019 as part of the front end remodel. (Bye, IGS!) Guessing they’ll move guest services there or expand our Starbucks. Screeching children will have to go elsewhere for their icees.
Starbucks usually gets an icee machine

Did they explain their reasoning? The state may refuse to grant a liquor license to stores within 600 feet of a school, but they don't have to, or even necessarily usually do, and such licenses are granted all the time. When I was in middle school, there was a traditional liquor store and a 7-11 with a liquor license both right across the street. I live across the street from an elementary school right now, and there are at least three liquor stores, four bars, and a grocery store that sells spirits within 600 feet. When I worked in the liquor section of a wanna-be import store, we were less that 600 feet from a high school. There's a pretty new Target near me (so their liquor license is brand new) that sells spirits and is across the street from an elementary school, and within 600 feet of both a high school and a middle school. There's also a grocery store next to said Target that sells spirits. My dad works at a Walmart less than 600 feet from the elementary school I attended as a kid, and they recently got their license for spirits. The state may be allowed to deny liquor licenses on these grounds, but they definately don't do so universally.
You keep mentioning high school and middle schools . What’s the issues with that? The mentality is just wrong. They gonna do it either if it’s close or not if they want to . I use to buy cigarettes and moonshine when I was 9 ( not for me ) but never got me drinking and shit

Our Cafe went away a couple of years ago and Starbucks was remodeled. Guests still ask about the popcorn and slushies. lol

You’re all getting the correct orders, they just aren’t sending everything because they might not have it.

If you’re ordering 8 cases of popcorn and only getting 6, there is probably an order cap on it or something like that. For soda, chicken tenders, etc - they might not have it at the DC to send to you, so you need to order it multiple times to get it.
It's weird that in 2018 there's no feedback from the ordering system regarding things that you mentioned, like order caps or lack of stock at the DC. One would think that would help people who are otherwise left scratching their heads. It sounds like at least those orders aren't backlogged and suddenly a store receives 8 Hi-C BIBs

My Target still has a Cafe (aka Food Avenue). It was cut in half to put a Starbucks next to it a few years ago. The Cafe has the usual stuff; hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels, pizza. The soda machine now is only dispensing 4 of the 8 (or so) sodas it's supposed to be. At first I thought it was just a matter of not getting supplies in, but it's been this way for months now.

Year's ago TM's were told that we were not allowed to eat at the cafe, apparently because of the bad behavior of some TM's. Over time, it hasn't been enforced, and honestly, the place would be empty sometimes if it weren't for TM's eating there, so they should be grateful to get our business.

Ours hasn't been staffed in over a month now. Had issues staffing it, now they just don't bother.

Sbux is having staffing issues, it had no one yesterday until noon, opener called out, mid called out only got the noon open when someone who can do Sbux came in for her cashier shift. Today no one until 10am, no one was scheduled to open.

They're money pits, apparently.
But the rumor is that they attract guests, so Spot is okay losing money as long as Stacey has a place to get cheap crap to stuff in her kids' mouths while she tries to shop.

My store has both.
For a moment, they reduced the Cafe hours to 12-5 PM since it was paying out more in payroll than it made in sales.
Guests apparently complained and the DTL got involved and it's back to 10AM-8:30 PM.

I will say, after looking at the numbers, our cafe sales are up 43% after all the other cafes in the area closed. We're actually turning a profit now. Not much of one but... Still a profit!

I will say, after looking at the numbers, our cafe sales are up 43% after all the other cafes in the area closed. We're actually turning a profit now. Not much of one but... Still a profit!
A profit’s a profit! Congrats!

Ours hasn't been staffed in over a month now. Had issues staffing it, now they just don't bother.

Sbux is having staffing issues, it had no one yesterday until noon, opener called out, mid called out only got the noon open when someone who can do Sbux came in for her cashier shift. Today no one until 10am, no one was scheduled to open.

If you want to get your leadership in hot water, call SBux with the dates and times. Your store will get fined!

Our leadership would pass out if Sbux wasn’t open at 8am for their 1/2 hour break- sorry, “meeting”...🙄

We miss our cafe. The remodel got rid of it. They shoulda kept it. Guests always keep asking.

Going to miss ours soon, we're getting rid of it soon as 2019 hits. Apparently, some of our guests are surprised we don't have a Starbucks. Its not like there isn't a Starbucks 0.2 miles away from us...

at worst your store is just gonna get an NNC and a "don't do this again" from the Starbucks DM

Target makes Starbucks too much money for us to ever actually get in trouble for certain LSM violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back