Archived .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store went through remodel maybe 3 or 4 years ago and the cafe was kept as is (not changed to SB like another Target in town) because we've always done well with it. Personally, I think the popcorn isn't that great but other people love it. And back in the day when I had longer shifts, I used to get one of the cold sandwiches - they're pretty good. Quite a few TMs get lunches there. Bummer if it goes away.

If my store was getting remodeled would I know by now. I always search it on workbench but all that comes up is “remodel guides” I can’t for the life of me find the list of stores that are getting remodeled
Ask ur PMT. Even the list on workbench is not always accurate.

If you already have a Starbucks, then the old Cafe space would probably go towards a new Guest Service Desk because integrated guest services is dying off (thank god). A liquor store is also an option, and they look kinda amazing tbh

10059161+1target100314.JPG

Look how pleased she looks with her purchase !!! Total ZEN moment for her! In the meantime: She's forgotten where she parked..... she's lost track of her kids..... she's left her debit card behind...... BUT she looks pleased. I bet she's purring. ( I'd be purring...... everyday.)

Our cafe closed this week for good. Liquor store set to open in a couple months. My TL asked if I would be interested in cross-training. Why yes, yes I would. And I actually know something about beer and wine, unlike pretty much everything else we sell.

We were supposed to get a Starbucks at our store. Shortly before remodel, I guess Starbucks corporate changed their minds so now we just have some flex space.

Ours was intended to be "wine & spirits", when the sign went up first I was nearby and I overheard a guest telling a friend on the phone that we were going to have a wine and SPRITEs store ,it was fun store hearing her try to explain what sprites were.Sadly no sign of spirits or sprites yet...
I miss FA,wasn't great,but it was there.I have been around so long I remember when we could get bacon and eggs for breakfast.

"In computer graphics, a sprite is a two-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into a larger scene. Initially used to describe graphical objects handled separate from the memory bitmap of a video display, the term has since been applied more loosely to refer to various manner of graphical overlays." - via Google

Mario is a sprite. You might get a Wine and Mario section. Just sayin'

Is it true that all targets will be getting rid of the food court? Not sure if I heard that or not but I'm really curious if that's true or not. Our food court doesn't stay open past 3PM and is never busy which does make me think that.
Mine went away at the time of remodel and Starbux got bigger.

My nearby Target closed their FA couple weeks back.

I wonder what they will do with the empty space now??? This store also has four (4) parking spaces re-painted and blocked off for the pickup service. Any association?
My local Spot has that too now. I wanted to order something like a large desk by phone and then stand in a pickup spot without a vehicle and wait for team members to bring it out. Unfortunately, an April Fool's Day joke would be a bit belated at this juncture.

Hmmm...put GS over at FA. So what would happen with the service desk as it is now? Would they clear out the Service desk area and open it up? Or maybe the GS area would become the pick-up area for on-line orders?
Maybe they'll just make Bullseye's Playground into a giant play area for relieving stress??

A huge advantage of FA is that TMs can get meals there. If they get rid of FA then perhaps all shifts in the store will become 4 to 5.5 hour shifts.
Target would then save a lot of money so then the $12.00/hour won't be such a big deal.
It will be interesting to see what's going to happen. I understand that we were supposed to have a remodel, but they've pushed it back.....don't know why the remodel was changed.
Maybe they're still trying to decide if our store is going to stay red & white or go to the black & white.

When we did our pfresh remodel about four (maybe five?) years ago it was quite a mess as things kept getting moved all the time. Sure wouldn't mind if we don't get a remodel. My store is only about 12 years old...can't imagine that we're going to have another remodel so soon. (Our Starbucks was done this past year.)
Maybe if Target slowed down on the remodels on newer stores they might start making more money.

Ours has a Pizza Hut and a Starbucks so I assume we will keep the Starbucks, close the Pizza Hut, and put a Racial Sensitivity Safe Space in its place. Thanks Philadelphia!
Nah, you will just give out free coffee to the minorities. Haven't you seen the coupons?

My STL mentioned that we're probably getting rid of FA. I can't wait. I inherited a terrible team that thinks they don't need to help out on a checklane when asked to, bring their supplies from the freezer, or actually clean. I've thankfully gotten rid of half of the team and FA's running better than before, even with a skeleton crew. I'm waiting to cross train a few more people before I get rid of the remaining bad eggs.

My service desk is on the other side of the store from FA so I don't how they'd be able to expand our space. I'd be happy if they just gave me a second service desk: 1 for return/exchanges/questions and 1 solely for OPU.

If you already have a Starbucks, then the old Cafe space would probably go towards a new Guest Service Desk because integrated guest services is dying off (thank god). A liquor store is also an option, and they look kinda amazing tbh

10059161+1target100314.JPG
We currently don't have a Starbucks so I assume we'd be getting that when we remodel

I find the "TMs can't buy food there anymore!" thing interesting, since pretty much every Spot store sells food, and it ends up being cheaper just buying something from in the store than from Food Ave.

Our store doesn't need FA because we're a mall store and we're on the same level as 5 different restaurants but we always get busy on the weekend

I wish they’d get rid of it. I’m amazed at the amount of people that come in, go to Food Ave, order a bunch of crap and proceed to shop and eat.

I’m sick of half eaten food hidden behind product, spilled icees and popcorn trails.

Yea, that will stop now and you'll probably be bored not having to deal with all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back