Archived Getting Rid of Senior Team Leads...Is This True?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just learned the first rule of working EVERYWHERE...don't talk shit about who you work with and where you work while AT WORK!!

He is mad, wouldn't you be? I'd apologize right away.

Why should i when he talks shit about his own colleagues in the store too?

No, a change in pay does not incentivize them to performance them out. SrTLs are (supposed) to be some of your hardest working TMs and they've usually been there a while so they won't leave any time soon. At the store level, your STL and ETLs do not care how much someone is making. It's all about how many hours the store is using.

This. Rare you hear about an etl at the same store 10 plus years. Seniors it happens all the time.

Why should i when he talks shit about his own colleagues in the store too?
Screw him! I say shit within earshot of them at my store. Everyone here does. All you have to do is stand outside the breakroom and you'll hear every leader being trashed talked. It's pretty damn incredible really. But I tell the new TMs to stay out of it. They can't get away with trash talk.

There's this one girl who talks to everyone at my store and I use her as a messenger when I want some nonsense to be spread around lol. God, love her. She knows exactly what I'm doing. Every store needs a resident rumormonger :D

Last edited:
So... I’m pretty sure my store has been over TL head count for years now. Each year they tell us we are but they won’t force anyone to leave, positions will just not be filled if someone does leave....no one has. With all these changes happening after 4th quarter do you think it would be wise to step down to a TM role or wait and see what develops ? I would rather stay in any position than to be pushed out. Does a step down have to come with a transfer or can a TL to TM stay in their store ?

Target is moving towards a more sustainable retail hierarchy where there is one stl, 1-2 etls (assistant managers one for ops side, one for hr side), and key carriers to manage teams.

Most retail organizations function this way, target has been an outlier for a very long time.

I would be surprised if the long term outlook isnt to just eliminate etls completely and move to a manager/assistant/key carrier scheme.
They need to get rid of my ETL Log/ GM Lead. He's such an asshole. I hope that his position disappears.

You just learned the first rule of working EVERYWHERE...don't talk shit about who you work with and where you work while AT WORK!!

He is mad, wouldn't you be? I'd apologize right away.
Let him be mad. That's what he gets for being how he is. He heard the truth about himself, that's why he mad.

So... I’m pretty sure my store has been over TL head count for years now. Each year they tell us we are but they won’t force anyone to leave, positions will just not be filled if someone does leave....no one has. With all these changes happening after 4th quarter do you think it would be wise to step down to a TM role or wait and see what develops ? I would rather stay in any position than to be pushed out. Does a step down have to come with a transfer or can a TL to TM stay in their store ?
TL headcount will go up in stores, I think.

I'm not a fan of the closing TL idea. It's basically created me to hate ours and I personally do not have any problems with that TL. Maybe it's how my store selected this TL, maybe it's how they get LOD shifts "without the pay" 🤣 but idk how long that will last.

I'm not a fan of the closing TL idea. It's basically created me to hate ours and I personally do not have any problems with that TL. Maybe it's how my store selected this TL, maybe it's how they get LOD shifts "without the pay" 🤣 but idk how long that will last.
Why do you hate your closing TL?

As a person I don't. I don't agree with the way they choose this person.
I like our closing TL. We work very well together and get along great! When they leave they pretty much hinted that they want me to take their spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back