Archived Getting stricter over R.C. or just my store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was just recently announced that our front lanes ETL has decided that if cashiers are not getting at least 1-2 Red Cards a day, then you face the possibility of being fired or getting talked to. I've read through the other red card topics on this forum and I thought that you can't get fired for not getting red cards, but only for not asking?! This is just too much because there some days where I ask and ask with no luck.

They can't fire you for no red cards it just says to inform and educate the guests.

To the person who said "Don't be a cashier then." Umm rude?!! You try asking for red cards every day and see how many you get! In my opinion, it's all a matter of luck. I can't force people if they don't want it. For the past few days I asked most guests, excluding teens, and got a no from everyone. Some of these expectations are just unreleastic and TLs should be content that some of their team members are already trying their best by asking guests.

As others have stated, they cannot fire you for not getting them but they can fire you for not asking. If they want to get really nasty about it, they can coach you for every instance you are observed not asking a guest to sign up, and they can also look for other reasons to nab you. This is what happens when stores are given unreasonable metrics they have to meet -- everyone's job is on the chopping block and you can be reprimanded for every minor thing. REDcards are the worst.

As others have stated, they cannot fire you for not getting them but they can fire you for not asking. If they want to get really nasty about it, they can coach you for every instance you are observed not asking a guest to sign up, and they can also look for other reasons to nab you. This is what happens when stores are given unreasonable metrics they have to meet -- everyone's job is on the chopping block and you can be reprimanded for every minor thing. REDcards are the worst.

It's sad that it has come to this, but it's true. If we aren't making goals, we get pressure from the ETL's and they want to see documentation to show that we're "doing" something about it. It's the truth. Then again, if you're a cashier that blatantly don't ask every guest, you're going to get nabbed by the GSTL and their minions sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back