Give up day

Are we able to put up our Thanksgiving day work day for grabs If we are seasonal ? Or is that a no no and the target gods look down at that. And what time does target close for xmas eve and are we able to request it off?

Possibly, but it will definitely be frowned on. Seasonal employees are expected to work on holidays. That's why we're hired.

Xmas eve, like T'giving & BF are days you can't really request off, but if your scheduler doesn't suck, they'll work around your schedule. Frex, we go to my husband's family on Xmas eve, so I'm available open until 4, and so far my ETL hasn't had issues with that. She goes around and asks people what their Xmas week availability is and tries to make it work.

If you're seasonal and don't care if you get kept on, go ahead and ask for it off or NCNS, but if you hope to be kept on, it helps to be flexible.

If you still show up if no one takes it, then no harm no foul. If you call out, then there will be upset.

I have had luck saying I can work until a specific time and in the reason box state that I have Christmas Eve services or something like that.

My store has big signs up all over TSC. No swaps without SD approval on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Call outs will result in CAs.

Back