Archived Giving rain checks for items that say no rain checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some TM's gave out rain checks for the avengers blu ray dvd digital music thing when the sign said no rain checks. The Register did not stop them...and it went through.. they will still work right when we do get them in?

Your Electronics and Front End TMs need to know that unless it says Sale in the ad next to the item...it cannot be rainchecked. Usually new release games, movies and CDs cannot be rainchecked.

Your Electronics and Front End TMs need to know that unless it says Sale in the ad next to the item...it cannot be rainchecked. Usually new release games, movies and CDs cannot be rainchecked.

heheh it was a TL that did it...

Not necessarily. It is best practice to make a raincheck for "as advertised". If you are prompted to make one when doing the research, then make one.

Well what if it says no rainchecks allowed but the guest really wants one? Would you vibe the guest?

They can be rainchecked if it's on sale, however there are no substitutions in MMB. The system also has a glitch where it will prompt you to make a raincheck for an as advertised item that is in the add but not on sale. It's very annoying. I my supported it when the system went from RF to touch screen. They said they are working on it. SMH

Not necessarily. It is best practice to make a raincheck for "as advertised". If you are prompted to make one when doing the research, then make one.

That's a glitch. If the guest takes that to the register it will say 0% off. It's stupid.

Somebody did rainchecks for J.K. Rawlings 'The Casual Vacancy,' because it wasn't on the shelves Tuesday even though the release day is Thursday.

They can be rainchecked if it's on sale, however there are no substitutions in MMB. The system also has a glitch where it will prompt you to make a raincheck for an as advertised item that is in the add but not on sale. It's very annoying. I my supported it when the system went from RF to touch screen. They said they are working on it. SMH

In those cases, I just take the raincheck and put it in a place where it can't be used until the following week.

Another "glitch" is when you substitute an item. If the "as advertised" price is the same as the retail price, I don't do the substitute. Why? Because when you try to sign the sub signs in, you will get an invalid barcode prompt.
"
"

Another "glitch" is when you substitute an item. If the "as advertised" price is the same as the retail price, I don't do the substitute. Why? Because when you try to sign the sub signs in, you will get an invalid barcode prompt.
"
"

I'm confused on what you're saying. I've been told to never do a rain check on "as advertised" regardless of the prompt. There is no actual sale or price reduction. As mentioned earlier, the substitutes carry the percentage. If this item is 10% of RP, then the substitute should get the same 10%.

I like to dig around in best practice. In the event that I get coached, I love having information readily available. They told me one time that I wasn't doing enough scanning on the weekends. Reason was because we are understaffed (I often have to work reshop while I'm scheduled instocks). My reply "Best practice states that two team members should be on instocks during the weekends in order to properly handle the work load". I also dug up a list of rain checks by departments. I can't remember the list off the top of my head, but certain departments don't factor into rain check effectiveness.

In those cases, I just take the raincheck and put it in a place where it can't be used until the following week.

"
"
That is what I also do. HUGH waste of time.

Actually, no. I make a rain check and a substitute EVERY time I am prompted. I just don't put them up if it is "as advertised". If you don't, doesn't it affect your rain check effectiveness score? My TL is a stickler about the numbers. I believe the report shows how many rainchecks were prompted and done as well as if there were subs and if the signs were scanned by 11. I have dug around in best practice but it's not very informative.

I'm confused on what you're saying. I've been told to never do a rain check on "as advertised" regardless of the prompt. There is no actual sale or price reduction. As mentioned earlier, the substitutes carry the percentage. If this item is 10% of RP, then the substitute should get the same 10%.

I like to dig around in best practice. In the event that I get coached, I love having information readily available. They told me one time that I wasn't doing enough scanning on the weekends. Reason was because we are understaffed (I often have to work reshop while I'm scheduled instocks). My reply "Best practice states that two team members should be on instocks during the weekends in order to properly handle the work load". I also dug up a list of rain checks by departments. I can't remember the list off the top of my head, but certain departments don't factor into rain check effectiveness.

I believe you have to do it to have a 100% rain check effectiveness score. I do them but don't put them up. I can't find anything in writing about this "glitch".

I believe you have to do it to have a 100% rain check effectiveness score. I do them but don't put them up. I can't find anything in writing about this "glitch".

Yeah, you want a 100% effectiveness score. However, there are only certain areas that add to that effectiveness. And lets say for example (and I know this is incorrect) you do 20 rain checks. Ten in HBA and 10 in infants. You only scan in the 10 in HBA. For whatever reason you'll have 100% RCE despite missing half of them. When I go in tomorrow, I'll find the sheet and print it off. I'm not sure what the areas are that don't count, but I know there are some.

That happended at my store to I let the TL that is over electronics in our store know she looked confused but thanked and vibed me for being amazing and spotting it

Our store runs two team members on Instocks every day and tries to have three on Mondays and Thursdays (our all-scan day). We average about 6000 scans a week with a year-to-date green-only Research w/ Loc %.

Yeah, you want a 100% effectiveness score. However, there are only certain areas that add to that effectiveness. And lets say for example (and I know this is incorrect) you do 20 rain checks. Ten in HBA and 10 in infants. You only scan in the 10 in HBA. For whatever reason you'll have 100% RCE despite missing half of them. When I go in tomorrow, I'll find the sheet and print it off. I'm not sure what the areas are that don't count, but I know there are some.

What you are looking for is called the Raincheck Exception Update.

No, it is in the instocks best practice. No subs are made, though - you will get an error message if you try.

That I know, but it still is confusing to the guest to have a raincheck for an item that is not on sale. We don't put them up because of that. It may be best practice but it's easier for guests to understand rain checks are for sale only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back