Archived Go Out With A BANG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the crown to put the WAVE on top of the bulk steel.

There's been a few at my store.

- PDT in cardboard baler. No one found it until someone made a bale and it was half crushed sticking out the side. OH... I have that pic somewhere. XD
- A couple years ago, someone got p'd off at the ETL, threw their walkie all the way across the store(I do believe in the general direction of the ETL) and walked out.
- Someone punched the timeclock and busted the led display. Not sure who did that one. They were just punching out, GET IT??
- Someone threw a bunch of melted ice cream all through the freezer, out of frustration I'm sure. I'm pretty sure I know who did that one, but not positive.
- Kid I knew kept a walkie and stopped by a couple times and used it in parking lot. He didn't do anything rash, just kept whispering TMs names. Took us a while to figure out what was going on.

Not a last day thing really although it could be I suppose. I want to spend my day off doing nothing but calling my Store and letting the bell go off until they finally answer it then hang up and do it again repeatedly.
NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo pls don't do that. =[

- Print new locations and hide them (On top of selves, inside bailer, etc)
Meh, that wouldn't do much. Even if you located things in those fake locations, they could just print them up again and LOCU them. Not saying it wouldn't be a pain in the butt though. The worst that I can think of is to simply LOCU random locations. Or better yet, put important merchandise in locations that noone EVER ventures. Don't locate it, just leave it there unlocated. iPad underneath a waco box at the back of the SHOE aisle? OOOOOOOOOOooooooo I didn't.

;]

NICE TRY THOUGH!

Damit, now I want to do this. Does that make me a bad person like the rest of you heathens? I've actually put a wave on a pallet once, because I couldn't get the thing to move and it was completely blocking the docks. Never even crossed my mind to just pop the sucker into the steel. LOL! Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not sure if the crown could handle the weight. Those waves aren't light at all. It'd be close to hitting the lights and such too, the height of the wave I mean, not sure if I'd be able to do it at mine lol.

Wedge it in the trash compactor? I bet I could get the whole thing in tbh.

Pull wave in middle of main aisle, or in front of door, extend wave all the way, take key out, hide it in rafters, climb down steel. Er wait... do they have to have the key to do the manual lift from the bottom, I can't remember? Meh, pull the fuse. Bring in some rope, leave the wave on the floor that way?

I'm sure I could get real creative if I really wanted to. Leaving messes for other TMs to clean up is lame though. Thought it was cool to make a mess before leaving that TLs just make us peons clean up? Hope I don't see your car parked anywhere.

Last edited:
One thing that would make someone's night hell... well if your store isn't 24hr... If you close, when everyone is getting ready to leave, run to the back and prop open cooler/freezer doors. Got about 10 minutes or so before buzzer starts going off, so it's gotta be last minute. It notifies headquarters I do believe. You'd have to really hate your closing leader though lol. If they don't respond it time, time to defrost and clean out cooler/freezer.

A massive document dump that is sent to the Department of Justice and another one that is sent to the Department of Labor.

Describing their lack of training in chemicals, their hiring and termination practices, and a few other goodies that I have been saving.
That could take the cake.

I believe that it is safe to say peon is the winner!! I would never have thought of STOing the waves! :rofl:
Yeaaaaaaah that's a pretty good one lolol ohsht.

Now ----- what do you get when you back up your running car to your ETL's office window and squirt Freon in the motor ( hint - its green
puke.gif
)
7eee52d3.gif
Dead, green people? =S

- take 20 digiorno pizzas and bake them for the team when asked where u got it say, it's not digiorno it's delivery.
Better yet, just put a bunch of food from floor in the break room for other TMs.

Last edited:
i am not the spot police.
here is the winner:
LogisticsPeon
This takes prep, so plan accordingly. Only for a dayside BR TM. This works best if you have another BR TM quitting with you, in tandem.
Make sure its a closing shift on a Thursday. This way you:
a. Have the proper amount of time at night
b. Are on the schedule for the maximum amount of time (16 days)
Pre-planning before the big event:
1. Take every spare walkey and PDT battery you can get your hands on after clerical leaves. Hide them somewhere. The trashcan works. Or the baler.
2. When Guest Services let's you go get keys, take every key you can find in the cabinet, stash them on your person. Hide or discard them in various places througout the day.
Act "normal" until 6PM, then you and your (optional) accomplice go to work:
1. Ignore the price chance and 7PM CAF.
2. Go to the fixture room. Thoroughly mix up every fixture.
3. Go to the signing storage area. Throw everything you can in the baler. Compress. Repeat until full.
4. If not full, take all the re-pack boxes, throw THEM in the baler.
5. Compress baler. Open baler door. De-compress un-made bale onto the floor.
Split up.
1. One person grabs a printer and makes up new, fake location labels and sticks them over random, existing areas. The other LOCU's random loactions.
2. Head into the electronics stockroom, dump every DVD, blu-ray and game you can onto the floor.
3. Take the crown, drive forks under the wave. Stick wave on top of steel. Repeat for as many waves as possible.
4. Do the same for as many red tubs as you can. Remove the batteries from the crown. Discard wherever you can.
5. Unplug each computer in the backroom. Take out important cables: moniter cable, power cable, printer cable, etc. Dispose of said cables.
6. Take the bagged ice pallet out of the big freezer. Punch holes in each bag. Put it in the dairy cooler.
7. Take everything not in location out of the big freezer and leave it on the line. Regroup.
At 8:45, the flash mob of hooded college students that you previously organized comes in to the store and runs rampant. First, they all grab carts when they enter the store. Then, Knocks everything off of every shelf. Some of it into their carts. They fill their carts as they run through the store and then dump the contents once full in random places.
Watch the mayhem until you're fully satisfied, and leave.

Hell - why not run through the store "Zoning" like this ---
1d7cde5c.gif

remodel.gif

Remodel or hurricane?

I asked a repair guy if the crown could pick up the wave and he said it would probably stall out at the halfway point, possibly even snap the chain.
Which I guess would work OK too.
Oddly he didn't even act like it was a weird question.

Or better yet, put important merchandise in locations that noone EVER ventures. Don't locate it, just leave it there unlocated. iPad underneath a waco box at the back of the SHOE aisle? OOOOOOOOOOooooooo I didn't.

AP would LOOOOVE that!

I asked a repair guy if the crown could pick up the wave and he said it would probably stall out at the halfway point, possibly even snap the chain. Which I guess would work OK too.
Yeah, that's what I figured too. For instance, a full pallet of water, it has a hard time getting to 6ft, try taking it all the way and it won't make it. Those damned waves are heavier than a pallet of water I'd wager.

Oddly he didn't even act like it was a weird question.
haha, yeah our guy is cool like that too =3

Raise the WAVE up as far as it goes, then climb down (on steel or ladder), then lift it up with the crown, and smash that sucker straight through the damn ceiling.
LOL! I like the sound of it, but I don't think it would work no. I was thinking though, if you took the wave and gutted the batteries and anything else you could that weighs anything significant, it might make it light enough to lift. Then do what you said, take it up, climb down, but then knock the f'er over. THEN use crown and find the pivot point, lift it and put it across the upper steel. Take a call button off of the floor, reprogram it to say something off the wall, press the button, leave it on the floor of the backroom right near where the wave is and walk out.

AP would LOOOOVE that!
Right? They would NEVER find it. Or at least they wouldn't for a good while. Unless they actually caught you on video, which would be hard if people aren't being careful with them and leaving them on pull carts and such. =3

Oh and I found the document for reprogramming the call buttons today. Score.

Last edited:
Those damned waves are heavier than a pallet of water I'd wager

Not to get two technical here -- but -- :D

A WAVE weighs about 1200 lbs. give or take --

Water is around 8 lbs. per gallon -- but I don't know how many gallons per pallet ?

Average Crown lifting capacity is around / good pump and valves / good charged battery with max amp output / on a good day maybe 2000 lbs give or take ( that's not necessarily what the ID tag might say )

Then there's the ceiling -- reinforced concrete / tar and gravel over corrugated sheet metal ?

You'd be better off extending the WAVE - then picking it up with the crown - moving 10 ft. or so - let go of the handle and watch it fall over onto a few pallets of LCD T / V's :laugh2:

Not to get two technical here -- but -- :D
*too

=3

Yeah that'd be fun to do or watch, but I wouldn't want to be charged for those TVs, or even have to go to court over it.

I do like the idea of just leaving the machinery on the empty truck before it's picked up. One of our closing LODs left the belts on a truck before, had to have district call them back. Would have been 10x better if no one noticed until morning. Er wait I think I had to unload the next morning...

Better yet, just take the WAVs and the Crowns and load them on to the sweeps trailer.

I can only imagine what the leadership at my store would do... only way to make it better is to make sure that EVERY pallet jack makes its way on the trailer and as many tubs/flats as possible!!!

It would be entertaining to see how quickly a store fails without any pallet jacks!!!!

I can only imagine what the leadership at my store would do... only way to make it better is to make sure that EVERY pallet jack makes its way on the trailer and as many tubs/flats as possible!!!

It would be entertaining to see how quickly a store fails without any pallet jacks!!!!

I remember when I worked at Target, something that shouldn't have been on the sweeps trailer was loaded on it by mistake. I can't remember what it was now but it wasn't backroom equipment. I think it may have been merchandise that wasn't supposed to be in the sweep, but I'm not sure.
But yes, include all the pallet jacks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back