Archived Go Out With A BANG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit less BANG, but on my first day of training as a cart attendant I was paired with a guy on the last day of his two-week notice. He had cut his khaki shorts to the point where I'm not sure if I could still consider them short shorts. I was with him for about 4 hours and 4 different TLs asked him to change but then walked away before they couldn't stifle their laughter any longer.

Tell a few tm what I really think, call the Dtl and tell her what really is going on. Tape record the etls and the stl gossiping about tm and snag a walkie and play it over channel one. Put some exlax in the tm who likes to take other peoples lunches lunch. I am sure I could think of more.

\ Tape record the etls and the stl gossiping about tm and snag a walkie and play it over channel one.

I sooo would have loved to have done this. One day I was on Guest Service, and 3 ETLs stood at the end of the counter talking ish about one of the other ETLs, a few TMs, gossiping, talking about random stuff. For no less than half an hour. I was trying to listen in without being obvious, but it was too hard lol. It was pretty annoying though. Especially when I had an issue with a return, and asked one of the ETLs for assistance since I didn't have a walkie (big shocker there) and instead of helping me to help the guest, she called the GSTL (who was busy over at checklanes), making the guest wait while they all went back to their gossiping.

\ Tape record the etls and the stl gossiping about tm and snag a walkie and play it over channel one.

I sooo would have loved to have done this. One day I was on Guest Service, and 3 ETLs stood at the end of the counter talking ish about one of the other ETLs, a few TMs, gossiping, talking about random stuff. For no less than half an hour. I was trying to listen in without being obvious, but it was too hard lol. It was pretty annoying though. Especially when I had an issue with a return, and asked one of the ETLs for assistance since I didn't have a walkie (big shocker there) and instead of helping me to help the guest, she called the GSTL (who was busy over at checklanes), making the guest wait while they all went back to their gossiping.

ETL = Entirelyuseless Team Lead.

There are so many things I fantasized about doing but when it came down to it my biggest rebellion was not responding to backup on my last day.

I would have loved to snag a walkie, hide in the parking lot and occasionally blasted this lol

Now this is going to be stuck in my head all weekend whenever Frozen plays on those damn tvs in MMB..... You'd think they could take it off since its been going since like February? Noooooooooope :(

During my final 3 weeks I selected TMs/other ETLs numbers I didn't like and pulled/back stocked as them. Their numbers plummeted. The ETL I hated was HL so she took charge over food, including coolers/freezers. Always trying to dictate backroom. In her name I back stocked meat with dairy, bacon on top of cooked meats. Chicken by raw meat, it was a mess....and I did it the night before an 8am inspection. We also always fought over vendors so I moved coke and Pepsi over by the compactor, out of my way, didn't care how messy it got but inconvenient for everyone else. Back stocking was easy because I would just put stuff on shelves. Best 3 weeks.

I would have loved to snag a walkie, hide in the parking lot and occasionally blasted this lol

Now this is going to be stuck in my head all weekend whenever Frozen plays on those damn tvs in MMB..... You'd think they could take it off since its been going since like February? Noooooooooope :(

You haven't gotten the new stuff on those tvs yet? The song that's stuck in my head is Chandelier by Sia....Dam Target and their catchy music that gets burnt into my mind

I would miss a bunch of mark downs then next day t ticket it all not put up balloons, take them down , then if I was in plano well god help everyone the havoc you can cause resetting an isle <evil laugh> if I was on flow my last day I would have to see who was sales floor or in stocks for that day if people I didn't like I would push to all wrong location in what ever area was to be 4x4 that day. So many evil ideas come to mind.

I would actively discourage people from signing up for Red Cards and would not let anyone get away with shit.

You haven't gotten the new stuff on those tvs yet? The song that's stuck in my head is Chandelier by Sia....Dam Target and their catchy music that gets burnt into my mind

EVERY time I walk past the MMB TVs, it's either Shakira or the Kidz Bop Kids singing "this is gonna be the best day of my LIIIIIIIIFE, my li-i-i-i-i-i-ife." WHY?!?!?!?!

When I quit Target, my plan is as follows..

1. Write each of the SrTLs and ETLs I don't like a nice long cuss out letter
2. Take a walkie for my later enjoyment
3. Trash all the register bags and red card apps
4. Since our GSTL keys unlock the equipment closet and key box, take all keys and hide them (perhaps on one of the top shelf in the back room that's been collecting dust)
5. Adjust the schedule so that when our SrGSTL or GE works we have no cashiers scheduled at all and then make sure to update those cashiers on the change and post schedule so they are not in the wrong

I'm posting a sign in the high theft areas.

"They know who is stealing what and are counting how much till you hit a Felony so they can brag in the paper about locking you up."

Then use the USB ports on a TV to show something evil, like the anti-union video.

Forget the anti-union video, put some version of this up

I would go through every effort to refer to guests as "customers" in front of my leaders on my last day.

I haven't seen a lot posted from cashiers or front end TMs but here's a thought...
My store has NEVER changed the info that the cash office TM enters in order to order change from the bank. It's not done from the computer. It's done on the phone and I have the # memorized by now.
Hmmm, how many change orders do they need after I'm gone???
lol

Last edited:
I haven't seen a lot posted from cashiers or front end TMs but here's a thought...
My store has NEVER changed the info that the cash officer TM enters in order to order change from the bank. It's not done from the computer. It's done on the phone and I have the # memorized by now.
Hmmm, how many change orders do they need after I'm gone???
lol
Tell them you actually need loose bagged change for some awesome and cool events coming up!

Usually comes in bags of these denominations:
$1000/quarters
$1000/dimes
$200/nickels
$50/pennies

Oh , hell yeh....
We had someone order a crap-ton of nickles one time - like 22 boxes when they meant to order 2.
The ETL called me over & asked about the amt; of all the coin, nickles take the longest to use up.
She sent back all but 2 boxes.

I thought about it this a lot today. I think I'm going to be legendary on my last day. I'm thinking I might go into an aisle in the backroom and print out a sheet of backroom location labels but the fun part would be it would the sheet would just have one location. That would be awesome to have everything located in one location in an aisle. It would take them forever to find the item that needs to be scanned during pulls. I would love that. So yep I'm definitely thinking I'm going to do something that involves backroom location labels. I might also print out the lyrics of the classic Limp Bizkit song "counterfeit" and place it in the box of the STL because he's a two-face greedy piece of shit bully. He wears a mask and I can't stand people that wear masks to hide who they really are. He's act all cool and friendly to everyone else but treats me like I'm a cow patty that he stepped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back