Archived Go Out With A BANG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know even though there are certain things that I would take pleasure in, like telling guests NOT to get the red card and sitting on the counter when I don't have a guest, or even telling a guest go to another register you have too much stuff. I would probably not do any of them, I have made some good friends there and I would not, could not be that mean. This is why even if I won the lottery tomorrow I would still put in my 2 weeks notice. I know that's kinda sad, but I wouldn't want to make my friends work twice as hard just because I got lucky. I would probably buy a load of pizza to be delivered and special Blizzards for everyone (even the ones I don't like.). Since I'm not going to win a lottery (I don't play) this is never going to happen, but it is nice to wonder.

I do have a question concerning my last pay check. I know they take taxes out for regular hours worked, but do they take taxes out of your vacation pay (I haven't taken any vacation time, would have but this new job arrived when I was thinking about when to take it)?

I do have a question concerning my last pay check. I know they take taxes out for regular hours worked, but do they take taxes out of your vacation pay (I haven't taken any vacation time, would have but this new job arrived when I was thinking about when to take it)?

Annie, are your ears on?

**** if i won the lottery tomorrow i'd keep working lol. Feel like i'd be bored otherwise

If I won the lottery I'd buy my old store from corporate and turn it into a giant warzone for paintballers. just take all the merchandise out, and leave it as is.

If they're payin' out, they're taxin', too.

Leave all the freezer's open.
Inform female guests that the make-up is 50% off to the first 100 guests who buy five cosmetic products.
Pretend to be a greeter and tell guests to "Get their **** and get out".
Run out of the backroom screaming that the box compactor is on fire.
Inform guests that we're having a 'one-day-only' sale on all electronics! 70% off anyone?
Tell the HR that a group of team members are having sex in the handicap stall.
Make an announcement that anybody who comes to Target wearing the uniform gets a free $100 giftcard.

I think at this point, violating dress code would be extremely mild, but that's what I'm doing tomorrow :excited:

It's hard to envision myself doing anything crazy on my last day (not that kind of person), but the way my STL has been, I'm tempted to do this (and I may not save it for a last day either).

It'll be best if it's a Saturday night and she's closing. I'll go in, grab carts, and do my job as normal. Maybe an hour into my shift, she'll call me on the walkie and say "carts are good, focus on reshop, and don't worry about carts until the store closes." This time, I'll actually listen to her. At some point in the evening, we'll run out of carts. I'm sure guests will complain, and ask why we have no carts. I'll simply respond, "why not ask the manager". And if the STL gets on my case about it, I'll just tell her, "but you told me not to get carts until close. And by my watch, we have X amount of hours until we close".

The only kink in this plan is the GSA/GSTL getting to me first or having a cashier grab carts if I'm unavailable.

Start calling the store about 6am (or whenever your teams are let into the building) making the overhead bell go off over and over again tell they answer then hang up and do it again for hours. Using a Live CD or USB reboot all the computers into Linux. Throw non dangerous snakes into all the execs offices and close the doors.

Well about a few hours ago I said my fond farwell to spot. While I would have loved to do a bunch of things, I decided to leave on good terms. Came into the backroom, set the line, pulled some street dates, backstocked and swept. Oh and I also played with some callbox codes that I set off about every hour I was there. It was pretty funny hearing the reactions over the walkie. I set one code for wine and someone ( a TM) was actually asking where our wine section was so he could clear the call, but he was informed that we are not even allowed to sell wine (not sure if this is true for all Targets), other codes I did consisted of oral care, minute clinic, etc... So this was rather harmless and allowed me to have some fun on my last night. But in the words of Dr. Marting Luther King Jr.; I'm free at last Thank God ,almighty I'm free at last!

State law determines if your store is allowed to sell alcohol. The Target where I worked doesn't sell any alcohol but the Targets where I shop since I moved sell wine and beer.

This isn't really going out with a bang, but its a way to get 'even' if you will with target.
Go out and buy some type of walkie that can communicate with Target walkies on every channel. Sit in your car during black friday and turn on your favorite radio station or CD. Hold down the talk button on your walkie and switch the walkie channel every two minutes during the opening hour or so after they open the doors.

Can you imagine the panic in the store TM wise, if their was basically no walkie during black friday?

Quote "One thing that would make someone's night hell... well if your store isn't 24hr... If you close, when everyone is getting ready to leave, run to the back and prop open cooler/freezer doors. Got about 10 minutes or so before buzzer starts going off, so it's gotta be last minute. It notifies headquarters I do believe. You'd have to really hate your closing leader though lol. If they don't respond it time, time to defrost and clean out cooler/freezer."

Don't recommend it. Your on camera and you could be sued for damages. Fun to fantasize though, isn't it?

Last edited:
Quote "One thing that would make someone's night hell... well if your store isn't 24hr... If you close, when everyone is getting ready to leave, run to the back and prop open cooler/freezer doors. Got about 10 minutes or so before buzzer starts going off, so it's gotta be last minute. It notifies headquarters I do believe. You'd have to really hate your closing leader though lol. If they don't respond it time, time to defrost and clean out cooler/freezer."

Don't recommend it. Your on camera and you could be sued for damages. Fun to fantasize though, isn't it?
At my last store all the domes in grocery were fake and empty. However at my current store we have real domes for the grocery aisles...

A better idea what be, (if you store has these) to adjust the temperature settings on the freezers in grocery. If you open a door to the left and right of you, your actions will be hidden from all the white condensation on the door. Adjust that temperature too high, and all that stuff will be warm the next morning....

I wouldn't do anything..... Probably not interesting to hear. I would want to use them as a reference. Plus I genuinely like all but one of the people I work with and wouldn't want to give them troubles. That's just me though.

Only been with the company since November. You could be right but I've never heard of a policy like this before. Is this something you heard or do you know this as fact? Just curious.

Overheard my ETL-HR talking to an hrtm about a TM who'd left & she said they do NOT give references.
On the other hand, I've known several TLs who gave a personal ref for former TMs. It's just done on the QT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back