Archived Going from TM to Intern

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all cases I've witnessed, they usually don't jive with TMs going to Intern. They want someone who hasn't experienced the ways of Target, or for better words, moldable.

My ETL-HR i think would approve me of doing that, or atleast attempting it. I haven't made the school eligibility yet though. (junior/senior status)

I remember when I tried to do the TM to Intern route and they wouldn't let me because I was already a team member and they only wanted people outside of Target, although I've heard from people that it is possible. I tried to do it as a fast track to an ETL lol but Target wanted me to do it the traditional way so I've been a TL for over a year now and hope to go for ETL in a few years.

It’s definitely possible, though it’s rare. Part of it is just the fact that if you are a team member, then you are unlikely to be qualified to be an ETL (in other words, why did you bother becoming a team member if you are good enough to be making 5x as much money?).

Also, you’ll need to have pretty much a perfect attitude. Even the slightest thing could prevent you from getting the support from your leaders. As EagleEye said, you need to be moldable; you have to be ready for all kinds of changes to what you’re used to and you need to be excited about those changes, even when they make your life worse.

Just to clarify, I’ve applied before once but have refrained from applying to become a TM since I applied for Executive Intern this last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back