Going ladderless

What's A breakpack label anyways

Basically it's a pick label, but for an individual item instead of a casepack.

So, what about things like comforters and boxes of pillows and hangers plastic storage bins, lamps, candles, and all sorts of fragile, large, awkward sized- and shaped stuff? I love me some domestics repacks, don't get me wrong, and I would fucking love not to have to deal with so much damn packaging on the breakables, but I don't see how we don't get lamps and candles and mugs and all that stuff without padding.

And if we got rid of boxes, what would we do for salvage?

We use repack boxes for our salvage.

I didn't like the ladder climbing so I started clearing out the top. A few weeks later I'm being told we are supposed to be ladder less and case less. So I was asked to finish clearing the top, which at this time was only the one shelf above the 6 foot mark on a few locations.

I keep three empty lower case shelves so when other people work my aisles they put stuff there. I did have a day where my co-worker put 9 cases up at the top but way towards the back so you couldn't really see it of you looked down my aisle. She has since removed them because I made it obvious that there was space below.

My ETL wanted to rid of my ladder. I was all for it. But nope. "We can't do that."

I prefer wacos to be filled. I will open cases from the lowers to backstock as needed. Pulling one for ones with cases sucks. I've had empty tops since October 12th with the exception of this 9 cases from a co-worker but she has since fixed them.

We have been leaderless and caseless for approx 18 months now. It started before my day pulling mancaf after mancaf. Not during peak dept times (4th quarter toys/seasonal and back to school) but the rest of the year we are..

Yesterday my TL taped some of the backroom aisles green, yellow, and red. They don't want use to use ladders anymore and want to put the backstock on the lower shelves.

I understand this but what is the point if the DCs keep sending us all this stuff we don't need.

Does corporate think we like using ladders to put things high up?

Thoughts.
Just want to share that someone put the sparking grape juice on shelf 9 in my back room, caseless, so apparently some poeple do prefer to use the ladders.

Just want to share that someone put the sparking grape juice on shelf 9 in my back room, caseless, so apparently some poeple do prefer to use the ladders.

How do you even get shit like that up or down? I work the front end and have never even touched a backroom ladder.

Same here . I had to fill the end cap with sparkling juice and whatever left was way up high in the tenth row or so. Climb up , get two , put it in cart and repeat . Those Welch sparkling juice bottles are having zero grip !!

Back