Archived Going Part Time and Retaining Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoWork

Probably a Sociopath
I'm considering switching to part time at Target, but would like to retain my benefits if possible. With it being near the end of the year, would it be possible? I'd call the TM phone number, but would like input on how to do this regardless...

I'm averaging 37-40 hours a week this year. Couldn't I just work a target amount of hours to keep my average above whatever Target's hour minimum would be to gain benefits? I think it's 32 hours a week. Is there a way I can look this information up to help with my calculation?

Thanks <_<

From another thread:
From Target pay & benefits: you need to average 30 hours a week.
  • At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).
  •  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance

I'm considering switching to part time at Target, but would like to retain my benefits if possible. With it being near the end of the year, would it be possible? I'd call the TM phone number, but would like input on how to do this regardless...

I'm averaging 37-40 hours a week this year. Couldn't I just work a target amount of hours to keep my average above whatever Target's hour minimum would be to gain benefits? I think it's 32 hours a week. Is there a way I can look this information up to help with my calculation?

Thanks <_<
They take your AVG hours from JAN 2015 - DEC 2015. Just don't let your avg go under 30 hours by Dec 31st..You will have insurance until March 2017.

What Amaazing said.
You can put in to decrease your scheduled hrs per week on eHR but give yourself some padding to keep your avg around 30-32/week.
Remember in Jan hours get cut so keep that in mind too.

Technically, I already qualify. I did the math with my most recent pay check, and even with 0 hours for the rest of the year, I'd still qualify. Just need to make enough to pay for the insurance <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back