Archived Goodbye Target, hello home improvement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the time has finally come that I can say goodbye to Target. I've been job hunting for five months now ever since the announcement we would be staying open until midnight permanently, and while I've interviewed for several positions at other stories I turned a lot down because they offered the same pay/hours. I wanted something better so it would look good on my resume in the future, which job hopping does not and I knew I could do better than $8 an hour.

And finally something came through. A big chain home improvement store (name withheld for privacy) interviewed me and offered me something that quite shocked me: $1.50 raise, effective immediately. And my favorite part: store closes at 9 PM. No more working until 1-2 AM zoning or doing go-backs! I've been told it's a seasonal position, but I've also been told upfront that it will be a permanent position as long as I perform well. And plus, I have the pretty cool job of mixing paint, which is a lot more interesting than just stocking shelves and is a skill I can use elsewhere. It's a more physically demanding job but I'm ecstatic about the change.

Just waiting on my drug test to pass (which I will) and I begin working there. Put in my two week notice as soon as I was offered it and put all my shifts on the swap board (which were gone within the day) so even though I'm still technically an employee of Target I'm functionally retired from working there.

So the time has finally come that I can say goodbye to Target. I've been job hunting for five months now ever since the announcement we would be staying open until midnight permanently, and while I've interviewed for several positions at other stories I turned a lot down because they offered the same pay/hours. I wanted something better so it would look good on my resume in the future, which job hopping does not and I knew I could do better than $8 an hour.

And finally something came through. A big chain home improvement store (name withheld for privacy) interviewed me and offered me something that quite shocked me: $1.50 raise, effective immediately. And my favorite part: store closes at 9 PM. No more working until 1-2 AM zoning or doing go-backs! I've been told it's a seasonal position, but I've also been told upfront that it will be a permanent position as long as I perform well. And plus, I have the pretty cool job of mixing paint, which is a lot more interesting than just stocking shelves and is a skill I can use elsewhere. It's a more physically demanding job but I'm ecstatic about the change.

Just waiting on my drug test to pass (which I will) and I begin working there. Put in my two week notice as soon as I was offered it and put all my shifts on the swap board (which were gone within the day) so even though I'm still technically an employee of Target I'm functionally retired from working there.
A team member at my store tired that and the LOD denied all the swaps lol

Congratulations.

Drop by and let us know how things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back